No announcement yet.

The Raptors Go To London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wonder how it would sound when the crowd chants defence?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      I'd like to see Ed Davis b-slap Prince Charles
      more like James Johnson knockout the guards in the buckingham palace
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        more like James Johnson knockout the guards in the buckingham palace
        lol that would be pretty funny.

Comment

huskies2raps wrote: View Post
          Yikes - Wilbon and Kornheiser trashing the Raptors and Nets going to London on PTI :s typical ESPN/US Media trashing, but just hurts to see - yes, this isn't Lakers v Celtics and not exactly the cream of the crop in terms of standings and talent, but do they always have to make negative comments whenever the Raptors are brought up?

hopefully they put on a show this weekend and the world has a chance to see just how exciting the Raptors are to watch
          You do see the end of PTI dont you? Kornheiser is the ONLY American broadcaster I am aware of who actually waves a Canadian flag at the end of EVERY show specifically wishing "Goodbye Canada". I have no idea why.

So, no I wouldnt lay that Canadian bashing label on him or that show.

ps...I did not see the clip so I dont know the context. Besides seems he put down the Nets as well too. Both teams are bad.

Comment

Yeah, he started doing that(flag waving) years ago after putting his foot in his mouth about something. Can't remember what it was...

I don't think either of them is a Canada basher. Both have been critical of the Raptors but both have also offered praised. They seem to pick a stance warranted by the team's current circumstances. They seem to form and project a real opinion, not a generic pessimistic one. I agree with them that a Raptors/Nets game is a horrible way to market the league in another country. If you were trying to sell your line of products to someone would you bust out the worst product you offer or your best?

Comment

Kornheiser is always putting his foot in his mouth, just look at what happened to his short NFL broadcast career. Not to mention getting suspended from ESPN last year for a bit over something, can't remember exactly what.

To be fair it IS stupid to have the raps and nets play there. Why would London want to see two bottom dwellers? I'm not really sure what the schedule makers were thinking.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                You do see the end of PTI dont you? Kornheiser is the ONLY American broadcaster I am aware of who actually waves a Canadian flag at the end of EVERY show specifically wishing "Goodbye Canada". I have no idea why.

So, no I wouldnt lay that Canadian bashing label on him or that show.

ps...I did not see the clip so I dont know the context. Besides seems he put down the Nets as well too. Both teams are bad.
                Tony does that because the show runs longer than we are allowed to see. Canada goes to other programming.
                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Kornheiser is always putting his foot in his mouth, just look at what happened to his short NFL broadcast career. Not to mention getting suspended from ESPN last year for a bit over something, can't remember exactly what.

To be fair it IS stupid to have the raps and nets play there. Why would London want to see two bottom dwellers? I'm not really sure what the schedule makers were thinking.
                  I think what they did was go with two bottom feeder as to not affect anyone who would be vying for playoff seeding.

Anyway, I don't watch PTI anymore because I'm never around when it's on but I find Kornheiser entertaining. It's why he's been on T.V. for so long and why he will continue to be on T.V.

MNF has axed a lot of people over the years. It wasn't a shocker. The fact that they even picked him, a non-football guy, to give it a go is a testament to the level of respect he carries.

Comment

No I'm also a fan of Kornheiser, and he nor Wilbon "Canada bash" - I agree that it's not the top talent that's being marketed to the UK, but my point was that it's frustrating, as a Raptors fan, to see reporters from ESPN's perspectives as them as a non-relevant, non-exciting, non-prime time worthy team - which, granted, they're not exactly MIA, NY, or LA, and yes they are at the bottom of the standings, but they can be an exciting team and I think many people will see that this weekend with the two games at the O2

I am a big fan of Kornheiser, but sometimes he says stupid shit - "Demarcus Derozan should not be complaining about the use of props in the dunk contest" come on man, get the guy's name right - Wilbon had to correct him

I think that because it is against the Nets, the Raptors have a chance to play a fast break, exciting, high flying brand and excite the fans there, and hopefully win over a couple thousand fans - I'm hopin they put on a great show on both nights, filled with numerous monster dunks -RAPS ON NATIONAL TV!!
                    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

The reality is this is great for the franchise brand/MLSE. They do not lose 2 home games, they get the novelty of going to Europe for first NBA regular season games 'across the pond', and they get the attention from European media and citizens so when it comes time to buy NBA gear they throw on some Raptor paraphernalia and fill MLSE coffers on the royalties.

Comment

Paul__Jones Paul Jones
                        by Eric__Smith
                        Deron Williams said in spite of hand issues (sprained rt wrist and bruised left hand) he will play...but engaging with the media...he wasn't

Comment

http://twitpic.com/4602v5

Comment

Working...
                          X