Expectations for London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations for London?

This weekend in London is a microcosm of the rest of the year. You'd like to think our young team has enough talent to beat the Nets but those Nets are virtually tied with us in the standings. It was fun to beat the hornets but these weekend games are "two point games"....our loss plus their win. Nobody wants to lose but this weekend could be a four point swing come ping pong ball time (maybe deron williams' sore wrist knows that). What do you think?

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    This weekend in London is a microcosm of the rest of the year. You'd like to think our young team has enough talent to beat the Nets but those Nets are virtually tied with us in the standings. It was fun to beat the hornets but these weekend games are "two point games"....our loss plus their win. Nobody wants to lose but this weekend could be a four point swing come ping pong ball time (maybe deron williams' sore wrist knows that). What do you think?
    Good post. At the beginning of the year i was so pumped to watch the Raps annihilate the Nets in London. But now, that is not a clear cut thing. I have to imagine our Euro-player contingent might give us a bit of a crowd advantage, but then again, even a busted up D-Will is a lot for Caldy or Bayless or Barbo to handle.

At this point i would expect a 1 and 1 split on the series. 2 losses would be a big kick in the nuts.

Comment

there are no ping pong balls in the game of basketball.. i want the wins.

the lottery be damned.

Comment

Deron will be playing. I think David Stern is holding his family hostage.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Prokhorov will go all Eastern Promises on his ass if he doesn't play!

Comment

I've noticed a few people on RR have proclaimed Deron's injury a fake because they want to tank the rest of the season. Didn't the Nets trade thier first rounder for this season to the Jazz? If so what reason would they have to tank? I'm sure Deron's injury is legit and not because New Jersey has decided to tank thier season.

Comment

OntheGo wrote: View Post
              I've noticed a few people on RR have proclaimed Deron's injury a fake because they want to tank the rest of the season. Didn't the Nets trade thier first rounder for this season to the Jazz? If so what reason would they have to tank? I'm sure Deron's injury is legit and not because New Jersey has decided to tank thier season.
              What I'm saying dude is that Deron is the only real star that is coming down to Europe. Stern would be real upset if he couldn't play, fake injury or not.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                What I'm saying dude is that Deron is the only real star that is coming down to Europe. Stern would be real upset if he couldn't play, fake injury or not.
                You'd be surprised man. Calderon, Bargs, Linas, etc etc are hugely popular in Europe and in London that has a wildly diverse cultural mix. But yeah, he's the only top-tier US star for sure.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  You'd be surprised man. Calderon, Bargs, Linas, etc etc are hugely popular in Europe and in London that has a wildly diverse cultural mix. But yeah, he's the only top-tier US star for sure.
                  Oh yeah I guess Europeans wanna see Europeans. haha
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Could be a great week of ball for players like Bargs and Calderone. Playing close to home. Should be a lot of fans at the games. Taking this rare opportunity to see one of their favorites play. These can be those type of moments that has a long term effect on the players. Hoping to see them really ball.
                    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      My post was NOT directed at you. Your comment in no way suggested that Deron's injury is a result of the Nets wanting to tank. However, my comment was diected towards other comments i've seen this week. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        I am sure that they also know of Demar fame of dunking.

Comment

OntheGo wrote: View Post
                          Ahhhh, good point. I posted a comment with innuendo there. I totally forgot about the pick this year going to UTA (the 2nd first rounder was GSW 2012 first round, top 7 protected).

Comment

The Nets have lost 6 straight and are 0-3 in the D-Will era, I'm betting on a Raptors sweep.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                            X