No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt you crack me up but I am with you. Spend time on the trade tracker too.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      im not sure i'd say height is an issue with jose
      It is way way too easy for a big PG even someone of D. Rose's height to post Jose Up.

Maybe I should have added length of strength.

Jose is good and I like his overall game.

I just don't see him as a NBA Finals PG.

Of course if the Raptors put four studs around him who could defend then you never know.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Just give that pick to San Antonio unlike the Raptors they always find the best available player at the lowest pick.

Comment

• 2011 Draft Lottery: Who Do They Take?

With the way the Raptors have been performing lately, it wouldnt be a huge shocker to see them in the basement (they were 30th as far as power rankings go at the start of the season) which will bump our pick up to a top 3 or 5. In the minds of Raptors fans, would you like to see TO move calderon in hopes of picking up the likes of a great playmaker in Kyrie Irving or keeping together the Bayless/Calderon tandem at the point and filling the gap at SF by taking a solid wing like Terrence Jones or possibly even Perry Jones? Or if we do end up with a 5-10 ish pick, possibly look at other positions?

Comment

• they should get Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, Jared Sullinger, Kyle Irving, Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Terrence Jones, even Donatas Motiejunas even though hes a carbon copy of a young Barney
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• The 2012 draft seems deeper with SF then PGs, which causes me to lean towards taking a PG in 2011. Kyrie Irving also looks like a game changer at the PG spot, which are tough to come by. If it was my pick (and he declares for the draft), I would take Kyrie Irving if we get the chance. Either Terrence Jones or Enes Kanter would be my second option.

2012 brings Quincy Miller, Anthony Davis and Michael Gilchrist come to mind. Pairing Kyrie Irving and Gilchrist would be great. They are good friends and played in high school together. My dream...
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• The basketball-reference.com simulator has our odds for a #1 pick at 7.2%
                http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/01/1...hile-volume-9/

Not bad. (Don't have the top 3 handy)
                http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• If Irving is healthy and declares and is available, hands down Kyrie. Players like him come along very rarely. When All-American seniors at Duke step back, follow his lead, and most importantly listen to a rookie, you know he is special.

Comment

• Probably Irving. Would be nice to have a franchise PG. Jose will probably be traded sometime and Bayless isn't the answer.

Comment

• I would prefer the raptors Brandon Knight since we know that if Kyle declares he will be top three, and at the pace we are now we can probably get 4-7 place, if Enes isnt picked in top three, Toronto better take him, hes gonna be a beast Center for years to come, when Shaq retires and Dwight gets into his prime, Enes could very well be the third best C in the NBA in a couple years,after Dwight and Bynum.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• We can get the Top 5 pick by trading Jose and Barbosa(prefer we keep Jose and go for our franchise SF in Terrence Jones as that kid would be special). It even helps if the Carmelo Anthony trade to the Nets works as Nets and Detroit will have a better record after the trade moving us into the Top 5 slot in the draft.

Get Thabeet with the TPE(at least he defends, rebounds and block shots) as a backup center, offer at least $8m per year to DeAndre Jordan(of the Clippers, he is an unrestricted free agent), offer some money(at least $6m) to Wilson Chandler(of the Knicks) or Jeff Green(of OKC Thunder) as the SF and draft Nolan Smith with an upgraded Miami pick into the early 20's(using Peja and Reggie expiring contracts with Miami pick or absorbing a large veteran contract for a pick coupled with Miami pick to move up the draft)(think the Nolan Smith guy would be a Westbrook guy(can score points and assist at least well) under the tutelage of Jose Calderon).

Trade Barbosa, Peja, Reggie, Kleiza, Bayless(he has a low ceiling unfortunately) and one of Amir or Ed Davis(duplicated skill sets) for #1 and #2 picks.

So the starting line-up looks like this:-

PG Jose Calderon(starting)/ Nolan Smith/Sundiata Gaines
                        SG Julain Wright(starting)/ Demar Derozan
                        SF Terrence Jones(starting, good rebounder, plays defense, strokes the 3)/Jeff Green or Wilson Chandler/Julian Wright
                        PF Andrea Bargnani(starting)/Ed Davis or Amir
                        C DeAndre Jordan(starting)/Hasheem Thabeet

Balanced lineup(3 offensively talented guys in Andrea, Jose and Terrence Jones, 2 perimeter defenders in Terrence Jones and Julian Wright, a good help defender in DeAndre Jordan and 3 good rebounders in Julian Wright, Terrence Jones and DeAndre Jordan).

Get a defensive coach a la Paul Silas or an assistant coach from good defensive systems in the Spurs (under Pop) or the Portland Trailblazers (under Nate Mcmillan) (sack Triano or demote him to an assistant as he is not an head coach).

Finally, watch the team develop and cross your arms.

Comment

• Smush, your dreaming. So much easier said then done lol NBA is alot different then chaning the rosters in 2k11 :P

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                            Smush, your dreaming. So much easier said then done lol NBA is alot different then chaning the rosters in 2k11 :P
                            That is because you have a used car salesman in BC. That is why it is not possible. All the guys mentioned are restricted free agents who can not be matched above a certain salary due to salary cap restrictions or an investment in better guys and the core of the team a la Jeff Green of the OKC Thunder(they are close to the cap and would prefer to use that cap space over Russell Westbrook - the core of their future). I mentioned us going for Dalembert from the Kings since they would be drafting a franchise center in Demarcus Cousins. what happened? They drafted Cousins, I do my research before I make my statements.

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
                              We can get the Top 5 pick by trading Jose and Barbosa(prefer we keep Jose and go for our franchise SF in Terrence Jones as that kid would be special). It even helps if the Carmelo Anthony trade to the Nets works as Nets and Detroit will have a better record after the trade moving us into the Top 5 slot in the draft.

Get Thabeet with the TPE(at least he defends, rebounds and block shots) as a backup center, offer at least $8m per year to DeAndre Jordan(of the Clippers, he is an unrestricted free agent), offer some money(at least $6m) to Wilson Chandler(of the Knicks) or Jeff Green(of OKC Thunder) as the SF and draft Nolan Smith with an upgraded Miami pick into the early 20's(using Peja and Reggie expiring contracts with Miami pick or absorbing a large veteran contract for a pick coupled with Miami pick to move up the draft)(think the Nolan Smith guy would be a Westbrook guy(can score points and assist at least well) under the tutelage of Jose Calderon).

Trade Barbosa, Peja, Reggie, Kleiza, Bayless(he has a low ceiling unfortunately) and one of Amir or Ed Davis(duplicated skill sets) for #1 and #2 picks.

So the starting line-up looks like this:-

PG Jose Calderon(starting)/ Nolan Smith/Sundiata Gaines
                              SG Julain Wright(starting)/ Demar Derozan
                              SF Terrence Jones(starting, good rebounder, plays defense, strokes the 3)/Jeff Green or Wilson Chandler/Julian Wright
                              PF Andrea Bargnani(starting)/Ed Davis or Amir
                              C DeAndre Jordan(starting)/Hasheem Thabeet

Balanced lineup(3 offensively talented guys in Andrea, Jose and Terrence Jones, 2 perimeter defenders in Terrence Jones and Julian Wright, a good help defender in DeAndre Jordan and 3 good rebounders in Julian Wright, Terrence Jones and DeAndre Jordan).

Get a defensive coach a la Paul Silas or an assistant coach from good defensive systems in the Spurs (under Pop) or the Portland Trailblazers (under Nate Mcmillan) (sack Triano or demote him to an assistant as he is not an head coach).

Finally, watch the team develop and cross your arms.
                              smushsmush for GM!!
                              Why hasn't Bryan Colangelo thought of this! Geeeeez ... I'm writing MLSE.

Comment

• Kemba Walker (if Irving is gone when we pick)...

Comment

Working...
                                X