Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Exodus

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6408508

The fortunes of the Texas basketball team took a dramatic turn Friday as sophomore Jordan Hamilton and freshmen Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph all announced they will enter the NBA draft.

Only Hamilton is definitely gone -- he will sign with an agent -- but a source close to the Texas basketball team said that Thompson is "pretty far in and likely to stay in the draft."

"My family and I really took our time with this decision and waited to get a good feel of what this year's draft class would look like and where I can be drafted. With all the information we received, it is best for me to move forward now and pursue this opportunity," Hamilton said.

Joseph is testing the waters in the traditional sense. Thompson, ranked No. 13 overall in ESPN.com draft analyst Chad Ford's prospect rankings, and Joseph have until May 8 to withdraw their names.

Comment

• No idea why Joseph declared
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        No idea why Joseph declared
        Because he'll most likely be the backup next year? (Kabongo)

Comment

• Lucas Nogueira declares for draft

Keep in mind international players can pull out of the draft until June 14th.

One of the world’s most intriguing teenage centers – Brazlian 7-footer Lucas Nogueira – has entered his name into the June 23 NBA draft, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Nogueira’s representatives informed the NBA in a letter sent on Friday. They plan to use the predraft workout process with teams to gauge how far into the first round Nogueira could climb this year.

Prospects have until June 14th to pull out of the draft.

After an impressive performance at the under-18 FIBA championships in July in San Antonio, Nogueira became an intriguing prospect for NBA executives. With a 7-foot-6 wingspan, he’s shown the potential to be a dominant force on the defensive end. Nogueira is still working to add strength to his 220-pound frame.

Nogueira is DraftExpress.com’s fourth-rated 18-year-old international prospect behind three players expected to be taken in the 2011 lottery – Jonas Valanciunas, Bismack Biyombo and Enes Kanter. Nogueira plays for Estudiantes of the Spanish League.

While Nogueira isn’t close to becoming an impact player in the NBA at 18 years old, he could be especially appealing to contending teams picking later in the first round or teams with multiple picks. Those teams will have a chance to develop him without the expectation of him contributing immediately.
          I would like to see the Raptors pick up a second first round pick and pick one of these young C's. Whichever one falls or whichever one is available at the 2nd pick's selection. Either of Valanciunas, Biyombo, or Nogueira would be fine by me. Again, I am not thinking about the here and now with these guys, I'm looking 2-3 years down the road.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Because he'll most likely be the backup next year? (Kabongo)
            As opposed to bubble second rounder/undrafted?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apparently Selby is having monster workouts, drawing comparisons to Monta Ellis.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apparently Selby is having monster workouts, drawing comparisons to Monta Ellis.
                I would not be surprised. He was hurt this year, suspended for first 9 games, and was the number 1 ranked player coming out of high school. I said this in this thread before that someone will probably get very good value for him if drafted in the 20's.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  2 Bargnani's in the paint = true C.
                  2 Bargnani's in the paint = 1/4 of a C

Comment

• I wonder what it's going to be like in the Raptors war room?

BC: Donatas Motiejunas has the most upside with an unique skill set at 7 feet tall. The landscape of the game is changing.

Comment

• I really think BC should look into trading Bargnani for Donatas or Jonas or Kanter if we can somehow draft Derrick Williams or Kyrie Irving

Comment

• Im surprised we havnt been talking about Brandon knight more. the 2 players i tihnk are " bc" type players in this years draft are
                        Derrick williams and Brandon knight. both are great athletes, leaders and can play multiple possitions. i tihnk knight could be a really solid player for us, possibly from the bench for a year or so to get adjudsted. it would give us a good combo of bayless , knight and calderon ( possibly trade jose) but since knight can play sg and pg we can groom him off the bench the same way toronto has done with bayless this year.

Comment

• I really like Knight. A lot. I've mentioned it a few times that he's my #2 guard I'd take (and the more i think about it, if we don't get Irving, a guy I'd hope they take a serious look at) and I'd be totally happy with taking him third. His size, age, defense and killer instinct are all awesome.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I really like Knight. A lot. I've mentioned it a few times that he's my #2 guard I'd take (and the more i think about it, if we don't get Irving, a guy I'd hope they take a serious look at) and I'd be totally happy with taking him third. His size, age, defense and killer instinct are all awesome.
                            ya totally agreee im suprised he wasnt talked about more.
                            from nbadraft.net :
                            Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability … Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court …. Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble … Strong one on one player … Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move … Very creative passer … Quick decision maker … A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations … High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion … Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game … His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school … Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point … Good shooter off the dribble … An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man … Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school … Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future …
                            http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-knight

sounds like what we need and wouldnt be a bad pick at #3 IMO.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                              ya totally agreee im suprised he wasnt talked about more.
                              from nbadraft.net :
                              Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability … Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court …. Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble … Strong one on one player … Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move … Very creative passer … Quick decision maker … A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations … High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion … Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game … His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school … Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point … Good shooter off the dribble … An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man … Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school … Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future …
                              http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-knight

sounds like what we need and wouldnt be a bad pick at #3 IMO.
                              Knight's year was very much like Barnes' - started slow, finished strong. At the start of the year, any reference to Kentucky was immediately followed by discussion of Jones. Of course, Jones slowed down - why is open to much speculation. By the tournament though, Knight had raised his game significantly and the Kentucky talk revolved around him. I think the questions surrounding Knight are 1) his ability to run a team, 2) his turnovers, and 3) the age old question: is he a PG or a SG trapped in a PG body?

The player he mosts reminds me of would be Russell Westbrook. Many of the same questions surrounded him when he came out in 2008. However, a big difference between the two is Westbrook was a SO who played only 9 mins per game as a FR whereas Knight is a freshman who led his team to the NCAA Finals.

Comment

• Top SF's: HoopsWorld

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19545

The small forwards have really taken a hit with Barnes and Perry Jones pulling out.

1. Veesley
                                2. Leonard
                                3. Hamilton
                                4. Singleton
                                5. Singler

Keep in mind Honeycutt was listed as a SG and it looks like Derrick Williams and Terrence Jones will be PF's.

Comment

Working...
                                X