No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best three players available that could be there are Jonas V., Brandon K. and Kemba W.(in that order) we should leave the draft with one of those three players
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Don't you want one of your PGs to be able to, you know, pass the ball?
      there aren't any of those besides irving and the f*gs in cleveland are taking him. Take a look at Westbrook, he isn't no steve nash but he still dishes out assists. Do u know why? because he gets minutes. If we gave bayless 30+ minutes he would easily dish out 6+ assists a game no problem. At the end of the season he was doing well involving teammates. Just give him the time and he'll tear it up

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
        there aren't any of those besides irving and the f*gs in cleveland are taking him. Take a look at Westbrook, he isn't no steve nash but he still dishes out assists. Do u know why? because he gets minutes. If we gave bayless 30+ minutes he would easily dish out 6+ assists a game no problem. At the end of the season he was doing well involving teammates. Just give him the time and he'll tear it up
        I agree with that but If the best player available is a pg than we have to take em. If we do take Kemba or Brandon we have to trade Calderon!
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          The best three players available that could be there are Jonas V., Brandon K. and Kemba W.(in that order) we should leave the draft with one of those three players
          Kemba will probably NOT be there. He's going 4th, before our turn comes up. Jan Vesely is the other top 3 available. We (BC) can't wait on Jonas & Jan to develop. It's Brandon or bust, but I'd rather have Jimmer's O. In either case, José stays for another year ...

Comment

• If we take Kemba or Knight I think we have to trade Bayless. Jose is the veteran presence that we need influencing our young point guard of the future. The pass first, unselfish, and very fiery style that Jose approaches the game with is exactly what we want to instill in our future guy. If we end up with Bayless and Knight or Walker as our back court, we basically have two guys who have yet to show they can consistently run an offense and who have very similar skill sets. If you take Knight or Walker's speed and combine it with Jose's passing you have an elite player.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Bayless' trade value will likely be very low though. (And Jose isn't fiery, nor do I think that Jose is nearly as unselfish as people think.)

But honestly, I'd much, much rather draft one of the available bigs. (Biyombo)
              Last edited by WhatWhat; Wed May 18, 2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Man, its going to be interesting to see what BC does. Picking the best available player could be messy.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                  Man, its going to be interesting to see what BC does. Picking the best available player could be messy.
                  Let's not forget that the pick can be traded for a vet, or two lower picks, or a future pick. It's BC's job to know what's in our best interests, although his having only two years to produce tangible results will inevitably taint his decisions now.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    Then don't take a PG. No one's making the Raptors do that. There will be plenty of real PGs next year. Teams generally are more successful when you've got a PG that can run an offense and make his teammates better. And there's a difference between getting assists and running an offense. Usually great PGs are able to do both. Bayless has still got a long way to go before he knows how to run an offense. Making drives to the basket and then dishing to shooters will only take you so far.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Kemba Walker just watch he's going to be good at the next level. Plus DeRozan knows him very well and thinks he's the best player in college basketball.

Comment

• If we can't get Kanter (#3), Williams (#2), or Irving (#1), then maybe Burks is our best bet. He should be going #8 ...

Comment

• Boko wrote: View Post
                          Kemba will probably NOT be there. He's going 4th, before our turn comes up. Jan Vesely is the other top 3 available. We (BC) can't wait on Jonas & Jan to develop. It's Brandon or bust, but I'd rather have Jimmer's O. In either case, José stays for another year ...
                          Cleveland has the 4th pick so why would they go after another PG. If anything they would go after a big like Kanter or Valanciunas

Comment

• any news about how the draft workouts went today???

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                              any news about how the draft workouts went today???
                              The combine is tomorrow.

Comment

• DG88 wrote: View Post
                                Kemba Walker just watch he's going to be good at the next level. Plus DeRozan knows him very well and thinks he's the best player in college basketball.
                                He was one of the best players in college basketball. So was Ed O'Bannon, Bobby Hurley, J.J. Reddick and Jimmer Freddick. What does that have to do with the NBA?

He's about 5'9 and he doesn't really do anything at high level except score.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X