Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    If the Raptors draft Motiejunas I'm done with them until Colangelo leaves... Nice find all the same Raul.
    Raciest?
    That's pretty bold. Explain to me how what I said is racist? I expect you have a pretty good reason as such a statement is a direct attack towards my character and integrity.

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    How is that racist? Don't want to speak for Apollo, but I think he meant, we don't need another Bargnani like big man on our team-extremely poor rebounder who is suspect on the defensive end, and has lapses on focus and intensity.
    Exactly. Maybe I should have elaborated, so my bad there, but I still don't see how RaptorsFan4Life connected certain dots.

Raúl wrote: View Post
    I agree with Apollo about Monteiunas, I don't want him along Bargs, that wouldn't look good
    No it would not unless Colangelo's wish is for the team to get annihilated in the defensive paint and on the glass for the next decade.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    O... There is no way we're drafting Monteiunas. BC isn't a moron, he's not going to draft a player when we have someone exactly like him on the team and have glaring needs at other positions.
    Glad 40 and Raul could help you find your way.

Lucamacus wrote: View Post
    Did any of you even read the original post? He clearly states drafting Jonus Valentvas would be a nice fit, not the bargs clone, read again guys
    I read it properly but my comment was just a general statement. Again, I should have elaborated more initially so sorry about that. A bunch of mock drafts for the past couple years have been slotting the Raptors in for Motiejunas.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      That's pretty bold. Explain to me how what I said is racist? I expect you have a pretty good reason as such a statement is a direct attack towards my character and integrity.
      Well, I guess the right word I was trying to use is "discriminator". I thought you didn't want him because he's euro. :/

Comment

Actually if you check back through my history here you'll see that I believe basketball talent has nothing to do with race or nationality and all to do with work ethic and determination.

Comment

I tend to agree that the Raptors should look for a future PG with their pick. If they go for a big, I think Jared Sullinger is intriguing. He is an aggressive low-post scorer and rebounder in the Milsap mold. Kind of like Reggie Evans but with a sophisticated offensive game.

Comment

i drafted this guy in nba2k11 and he's awesome. i know that doesn't translate to the real world at all but yeah.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
              I tend to agree that the Raptors should look for a future PG with their pick. If they go for a big, I think Jared Sullinger is intriguing. He is an aggressive low-post scorer and rebounder in the Milsap mold. Kind of like Reggie Evans but with a sophisticated offensive game.
              That was the case with Jack in Toronto.

But now that they have Bayless things are different.

Looks like it could be the best player available and most likely it will not be a lottery pick.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i dunno there's about 3 guards in the draft that have massive potential and could be franchise pg's. just trade calderon after, for whatever you can get.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If the Raptors draft a forward when some star PG's are still on the board I'll quit.

I'll take Irving,Knight,Nolan,Curry,Selby over any big. (Although Sullinger and Jones are beastly at the moment).
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

No dominant PG has won a Championship since....

Dominant Wing players are what contending teams are largely centered around. Drafting an incredible PG would be great for the regular season record and would make our players look better than they actually are, but PG's don't carry teams in the playoffs. Period.
                    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

yeah rondo did little to nothing last year
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would argue that this previous year, two of the final four teams were carried by their PGs in the playoffs. The Celtics depended so heavily on Rondo and he took them to game 7 of the Championship. And Nash took the Suns to the Western Conference Finals. Tony Parker also was the Finals MVP one year.

I realize that the Celtics were not just relying on Rondo and have a great team (including great wing players), but Rondo seems to be their team MVP both last year and this year.

A team can win with a championship with a great PG. It has been done and it will be done again. I think Miami is reminding us that you can't just have a couple great wing players...something more needs to be their.
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post

Dominant Wing players are what contending teams are largely centered around. Drafting an incredible PG would be great for the regular season record and would make our players look better than they actually are, but PG's don't carry teams in the playoffs. Period.
                          Tony Parker hasn't been instrumental in the Spurs wining titles?

How about Billups at Detroit.

However if you are running the Triangle offense like the Lakers do and the Bulls did when Jackson coached them you don are correct, the dominate wing player is the most important.

However, very few teams run the Triangle. I think the T-Wolves also use it, because he takes high basketball IQ players with very good passing skills on a five man unit to be really successful because it is so complicated.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If it's a choice between Rose and Beasley... obviously take Rose. But you can't build your team around a PG and expect playoff success is all I'm saying... I can't say I fully understand why, but history is quite clear about that. Perhaps it's the increased physicality (Horry hipchecking Nash comes to mind) but PG-centric teams have a strong tendency to struggle in the playoffs...
                            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post

If by dominant PG you mean a PG who averaged more than 6.6 assists a game, I'm with you. But there have been a lot of good PG's who have been on Championship teams - Billups, Parker, Cassell, Rondo (even as a rookie), Payton (old but Wade handled quite a bit).

I think the biggest reason for this is since '91, Phil Jackson teams with the triangle offense and Jordan/Pippen & Kobe/Shaq have won so many titles.

Comment

Bayless is not the future PG for this team, the dude is an upgrade over Jack, that's it. Both their ceilings are good to great back-up point guards.

This team is going for a 25years and younger core group. Calderon is 29 and injury prone, Bayless and Barbosa can't be your starting point-guards. And the 2011 free agent season, is poor for point-guards.

This team doesn't necessarily need an all-star point guard, just a point guard with a higher ceiling than Calderon.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X