No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like him, but Tristan Thompson's ceiling is first big off the bench.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Knight at SG would be tantalizing
      For other team's shooting guards? Most definitely.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I like him, but Tristan Thompson's ceiling is first big off the bench.
        I disagree there, he has the makings of a very good starting caliber 4. He can rebound and block shots, has good athleticism and in developing his offense, I would trade Amir for him in a second, but I don't think anyone would do that.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          For other team's shooting guards? Most definitely.
          That's why you put Burks on the SG
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If we Draft Enes Kanter. Does that mean bye bye Barney?

I think there a little to similar to play in the same front court, even though Kanter is actually a pretty good rebound,tough, rugged(every thing Barney is not). I just don't think Toronto would be big enough for both. What y'all think?

follow me @Chr1s1anL
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              You don't need to be a 3-point threat to be called a Shooting Guard ...

And Ed Davis is just as tall as Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka. All listed at 6'10". All he needs is a bit of weight.
              The only question is whether Ed is willing to play the C. Don't think anyone in the media has ever asked him.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              What you guys think is he worthy of a potential #3 pick by the raptors?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kAZL0Q3ic
              Thanks for the post. I heard about this video recently. He looks good. At least he's fearless down low and playing against legit NCAA talent. Even if its a scrimmage. That makes him better than Yi when he got drafted ... I guess in a bad draft that's a third pick. I would be bummed if the Raps get the second pick and draft him. Mind you that would mean Bargs would be out the door...

Comment

• I think if we had a Kanter thread this would not be a new topic....:-)
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Thanks for the post. I heard about this video recently. He looks good. At least he's fearless down low and playing against legit NCAA talent. Even if its a scrimmage. That makes him better than Yi when he got drafted ... I guess in a bad draft that's a third pick. I would be bummed if the Raps get the second pick and draft him. Mind you that would mean Bargs would be out the door...
                  I don't know. A 6'10, 255 lb center with a 7'1 wingspan who has above average defensive and rebounding skills and can score in the post with his strength, has very good foot work and can hit all the way to the three point line? I think if he played a season at Kentucky he might very well be being talked about for the #1 slot. Did Andrew Bogut really have more skills when he was drafted?
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• That's true but if we draft Kanter, Barney has to go!
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's why you put Burks on the SG
                      I'm not convinced Knight will be able to play at a high level in the NBA. And I'm not convinced either Knight or Burks will be able to run an offense. Besides, do you really want to stock up on draft picks from a weak draft?
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I think there a little to similar to play in the same front court, even though Kanter is actually a pretty good rebound,tough, rugged(every thing Barney is not). I just don't think Toronto would be big enough for both. What y'all think?
                        I don't think it's a case of Toronto not being big enough for both of them. Kanter does more things well than Bargnani does. And he gives them the scoring, as well as perimeter scoring, that Bargnani fans claim is the reason to keep Bargnani. He compliments both Davis and Amir because of his size, strength, defensive rebounding and ability to score inside and out. The fact that he's also looks like he'll be a good defensive player makes him more valuable than Bargnani right now. If Kanter's knees check out, he is probably what the Raptors need the most, even more than a PG or SF. Obviously you pick the best player available, but, right now, I think Kanter would make a good third pick.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Iunno the more I think about it the more I think if we get the #3 pick or lower we should try and trade into next years draft
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Iunno the more I think about it the more I think if we get the #3 pick or lower we should try and trade into next years draft
                            Saying and doing are two different things. What team is going to want to trade their pick from what is considered a very strong draft for a pick in a weak draft? And how do you know what pick you'll get if you trade? What if you end up getting a 15th pick? Is that better than the 3rd pick this year?
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Saying and doing are two different things. What team is going to want to trade their pick from what is considered a very strong draft for a pick in a weak draft? And how do you know what pick you'll get if you trade? What if you end up getting a 15th pick? Is that better than the 3rd pick this year?
                              I agree just draft the best available player. I'm hoping it's Kanter.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• kanters looking solid. someone said it already but i could see kanter going up in the draft and bringing one or both irving and Dwill down.

Comment

Working...
                                X