No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check 2012's stock of sf, unless u want leonard starting this year, and than backin up demar or the rookie sf next year, i would still consider trading for multiple picks in next years draft

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      It's a insider article on espn analyzing things after the combine.

It look like the Raptors are extremely high on Brandon Knight(like most GMs are). So seem like the raptors are just going to pick the point guard that falls to them but, they hope it's BK.
      Now I know I'm not a NBA scout or expert or anything but from a Raptors standpoint, it is more appropriate to draft a player (at any position) who can create for themselves. You look at the current roster, there is maybe only one player who can create for themselves. Possibly two. Barbosa and Bargnani.

This is why I believe Kemba would be more of a better fit for the Raps rather than Knight. Watching some of the highlights, Knight looked like a catch and shoot person while Kemba has great footwork, dribble skills and the ability to create space and rise up for a jump shot.

Comment

• 1. Irving - Best player available
        2. Williams - Best player available
        3. Kanter - Best player available + they may have hopes for Harris (reason they may pass on selecting Knight)
        4. Jonas - They have Irving, need a down-low presence to compliment him
        5. Knight - Best player + position of need (Vesley is also an option)
        6. Vesley - They have Wall, no need for Kemba + they need some wing presence
        7. Kemba - Position of need (I like T. Thompson better, but they have some nice bigs already plus I think they need an upgrade from Udrih)

Is it possible we swap picks with Washington and maybe get a 2nd rounder in return? They have reason to fear us taking Vesley, which would leave them Knight and Kemba to pass on because they already have Wall. imo, that's too much talent to pass on. I think Washington will either trade up to ensure Vesley or trade down to 8th and draft Leonard and get something in return.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
          1. Irving - Best player available
          2. Williams - Best player available
          3. Kanter - Best player available + they may have hopes for Harris (reason they may pass on selecting Knight)
          4. Jonas - They have Irving, need a down-low presence to compliment him
          5. Knight - Best player + position of need (Vesley is also an option)
          6. Vesley - They have Wall, no need for Kemba + they need some wing presence
          7. Kemba - Position of need (I like T. Thompson better, but they have some nice bigs already plus I think they need an upgrade from Udrih)

Is it possible we swap picks with Washington and maybe get a 2nd rounder in return? They have reason to fear us taking Vesley, which would leave them Knight and Kemba to pass on because they already have Wall. imo, that's too much talent to pass on. I think Washington will either trade up to ensure Vesley or trade down to 8th and draft Leonard and get something in return.
          You realize that the Jazz's center position is more backed up than their PG position. Al Jefferson and Mehmet Okur, and both are making nearly $25 million between them.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Plus I have designs on converting him to PG
            Because converting SGs to PG is so often successful?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• A couple of inside information from people that watch the european prospects everyday

Valanciunas: http://euroleagueadventures.com/the-...s-valanciunas/

Montiejunas: http://euroleagueadventures.com/the-...as-motiejunas/

Vesely: http://euroleagueadventures.com/the-...er/jan-vesely/

Comment

• The reason why GM's prefer BK over Kemba is cause 1. He has great size 2. Plays defence 3. High I.Q.(on and off the court) 4. Shooter(both on the catch and off dribble) 5. Gym rat(DeMar like) 6. Does turn 19 till December(youngest player in draft)

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Good breakdown of how Kemba Walker's game could translate to the NBA and some Jimmer too.
                  I'm subscribed to him on Youtube. He's always putting out interesting videos.

One of the last things he says about Walker is exactly what I've been talking about. Walker would make a great shooting guard in the NBA if he were 5 inches taller. I just have not seen any evidence that he can play PG in the pros.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The reason why GM's prefer BK over Kemba is cause 1. He has great size 2. Plays defence 3. High I.Q.(on and off the court) 4. Shooter(both on the catch and off dribble) 5. Gym rat(DeMar like) 6. Does turn 19 till December(youngest player in draft)
                    The reason I'm weary of both of them is because I don't know if either one is a PG. Their strengths are those of shooting guards, not PGs.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The reason why GM's prefer BK over Kemba is cause 1. He has great size 2. Plays defence 3. High I.Q.(on and off the court) 4. Shooter(both on the catch and off dribble) 5. Gym rat(DeMar like) 6. Does turn 19 till December(youngest player in draft)
                      Actually, contrary to popular belief, Brandon Knight is actually already 19 years old, not 18. He was born on December 1991. This was recently confirmed by Ryan Feldman of The Hoops Report and is displayed on other various sites.

Comment

• BK is solid
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Raúl wrote: View Post
                          A couple of inside information from people that watch the european prospects everyday

Once again can't go wrong with either Jonas or Knight at #5
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Raúl wrote: View Post
                            A couple of inside information from people that watch the european prospects everyday

Thanks Raul, it was interesting.

I like Jonas and Jan very much. I think their Darko meter is broken if they score Montiejunas above Jan. Every report I read on Montiejunas, which is about 8 or so, said he is a caricature of a soft euro, that is, no rebounding, no defense, playing from the outside, jump shooting, avoiding contact type player. How can he be ranked so highly, especially if his ceiling is supposedly Bargnani?
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• My thoughts...

Just finding out today because I've been in Cuba for a week... I really think it stinks that the Raptors dropped not one spot but two spots in this draft order. I really feel the Raptors were due for some good luck and while it doesn't seem that way now, fingers crossed on this being a blessing in disguise.

Really at this point Kemba Walker has to be in play. He has huge potential and will be the most talented player available at #5 if the draft falls the way most mocks are showing it. Outside of him there are two big time potential guys there who offer up some risk. First we have Leonard, who's been skyrocketing up boards everywhere and one of my favorites in Alec Burks, who is long and tall with the skill set to be a very big PG in the NBA. He has the potential to maybe do what Shaun Livingston was prevented from doing due to a devastating injury. I guess the obvious choice at five is the guy in many mock draft right now, Valanciunas. I don't know enough about him to say yes or no. If the hype is true and they can get him out of his current contract then sign me up.

So to recap, right now, I would like to see these guys in play:
                              • Kemba Walker
                              • Kawhi Leonard
                              • Alec Burks
                              • Jonas Valanciunas

Comment

• I would love to come away with a big man.

Kanter is so intriguing because he already has an NBA body, and it feels like he can step in right away. That same distinction is making his stock go up, while putting downward pressure on other big men in the draft. The talk seems to be Kanter than guards. I think Kanter can help us allot, even if we don't draft him, by pushing other talent downwards.

I would also like to have another pick in this draft. I would like to walk away with a big man, even in the high 1st or early 2nd round. Just want fresh meat on our roster with size.
                                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 24, 2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X