No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about we get a poll on here for ten guys and get some votes from the republic on who to take?

Comment

• Nice Article on Jared Sullinger

http://morningjournal.com/articles/2...6121257923.txt

“I think he will come back,” he said last week. “I’m hoping and I think Jared knows he has some work to do now. When the season ends we can look at all his options, but he’s one of those kids that enjoy college and he knows talking with our former players that are in the NBA what it’s all about at the next level. It’s a different world." coach

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
        Nice Article on Jared Sullinger

http://morningjournal.com/articles/2...6121257923.txt

“I think he will come back,” he said last week. “I’m hoping and I think Jared knows he has some work to do now. When the season ends we can look at all his options, but he’s one of those kids that enjoy college and he knows talking with our former players that are in the NBA what it’s all about at the next level. It’s a different world." coach
        There are going to be a lot of these types of stories until May 8th (last day allowed to pull out of draft without losing NCAA eligibility - this is an NCAA rule).

The coach is biased in my opinion. Too much to gain or lose depending on the outcome. Sullinger is top 5 if he comes out. Some mocks have had him at 1 throughout the year. I would be shocked if he slipped past 5. If this is such a weak draft and next year's is suppose to be stronger, he could be giving up money and/or risking it all.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Fredette will probably be a late lotto pick at best.
          We should trade down for him then.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            We should trade down for him then.
            No way should we pass on Barnes or Irving or even a few others to trade down and get Fredette. Perhaps pick up another pick if you want him that badly but your love on for him needs to be a little realistic.
            Last edited by Maleko; Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
              No way should we pass on Barnes or Irving or even a few others to trade down and get Fredette. Perhaps pick up another pick if you want him that badly but your love on for him needs finger a little realistic.
              I don't really like Barnes and I highly doubt Irving will fall to 5 (if he even enters that is).

Comment

• Would you rather Barnes fall to San Antonio and average 25ppg on his career?
                Hes had a decent season and would be a great fit on our team

Comment

• He's not going to fall to Spurs and he's not going to average 25PPG. He has potential but you never know how much he'll develop.

Comment

• I haven't heard one person talk about John Henson from UNC but that kid is a freak!
                    Been putting up some nice numbers of late. Double Double guy with 3 blocks a game.
                    Compared to Anthony Randolph. Very versatile. Could play the 3 for us.
                    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/john-henson
                    I like him. 18 boards against Duke today. 11 yesterday against Clemson.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      i haven't heard one person talk about john henson from unc but that kid is a freak!
                      Been putting up some nice numbers of late. Double double guy with 3 blocks a game.
                      Compared to anthony randolph. Very versatile. could play the 3 for us.
                      http://www.nbadraft.net/players/john-henson
                      i like him. 18 boards against duke today. 11 yesterday against clemson.
                      no fucking way he plays the # in any league!
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If you guys are insisting on potential/SF then we should get Perry Jones hands down. He has more [far] more potential then Barnes.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          If you guys are insisting on potential/SF then we should get Perry Jones hands down. He has more [far] more potential then Barnes.
                          There are questions on Perry Jones, with some scouts very disappointed in his supposed athleticism. That said, I can't say as I have not seen him play at all. If he is as advertised with ball handling and skills at 6'11" then booyah.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                            no fucking way he plays the # in any league!
                            Easy on the language.

He has the necessary speed, mobility as well as some moves off the dribble to make plays on the perimeter
                            Defensively he is a menace, because he is quick enough to stay infront of smaller players and he is also a tremendous shotblocker at this level ...
                            Even though he is capable of playing both 3 and 4 positions, he is still a tweener on the offensive end because he is not a consistent threat at either spot
                            All of the above makes me disagree with you.
                            And if you've seen him play, you could see that he absolutely does have potential at the 3 or 4 spot.

From Bleacher Report.
                            If there's a shot at getting him late, I say we do.
                            The 6'10" Tar Heel sophomore is oozing NBA potential out of every pore.

In fact, no ACC player is as coveted by NBA teams as Henson is for his ridiculous wingspan, athleticism, shot blocking and rebounding.

Any time you can average 3.1 blocks, 9.7 rebounds and shoot 51percent from the field, you're going to turn heads. In just 25 minutes per game, Henson is doing just that, along with pouring in a tidy 11.3 points per game.

His ability to literally control the game from the paint is seen a few times per generation of big men. Try to name three other players in college basketball who can do what Henson does around the basket. It's a struggle to rattle off any.

The power to make teams shoot from the outside because they're afraid to shoot from inside the paint is something that many coaches never get the opportunity to experience, but all dream of having.

Henson's blessings will be just one reason that the Heels will be must-see TV for the next few weeks, especially if they tangle with Duke again on Sunday morning for the ACC crown.
                            Sounds like a difference maker at the 3/4/5.
                            Last edited by Joey; Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                              There are questions on Perry Jones, with some scouts very disappointed in his supposed athleticism. That said, I can't say as I have not seen him play at all. If he is as advertised with ball handling and skills at 6'11" then booyah.
                              He absolutely is as advertised. Unfortunately he tends to not try as much as he should.
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 14, 2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• lets drop the fredette thing already, he wil lbe the next reddick i can already see it. i remember when i was young, immature and had little basketball knowledge too. i saw reddick and was amazed at his skills in NCAA. then he go to the NBA and meh... fredette will be no different. some people are acting like he is the next big thing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X