2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If we can't get Irving we should get Jimmer. He has arguably the most "star" power in this draft.
    I'd take Jimmer if our pick and he falls to around 6th or 7th. No earlier. Irving for now is the best prospect, not every year you get a PG like him on the board.

Comment

• Ok say Irving is available we take him, do we also trade for another player in this draft?

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
        I'd take Jimmer if our pick and he falls to around 6th or 7th. No earlier. Irving for now is the best prospect, not every year you get a PG like him on the board.
        I said if you can't get him but for arguments sake, you can't find a hardworking PG with unlimited range and actually says he wants to play D every year either.

Comment

• I don't really want Jimmer, but he'd give us 3-point consistency as an off the ball 2, which is something we could use. If Barbosa doesn't exercise his player option Toronto should strongly consider taking the Jimmer or Alec.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            We got James Johnson now and he can Defend and can create his own shot. We need a PG wth r u talkin bout. Calderon is playing terribly on offence and Bayless is a shoot first pass later PG who doesn't involve his teammates very often.

LOL there is no way James Johnson is a long term starting SF on this or ANY team in the NBA, if he really had such upside Chicago wouldnt have traded him for one of the last picks in the 1st round and he would've found a way to play himself into minutes. The only reason he is starting here is because of Kleiza's injury and Sonny's awful play.

And had you read my post, i said that we do need a PG, only that if Irving is not available next years draft is expected to have more talented PGs available than this year. So why not take a talented player who fills a need.

I really hope you (and all raptor fans) dont think that this team will contend next year, this will be at least a 3 year rebuild

Comment

I said if you can't get him but for arguments sake, you can't find a hardworking PG with unlimited range and actually says he wants to play D every year either.
              Thing is, he would only work as a sub. Cause he's another undersized 2. Although his defense, is something we really need, he's like another Avery Bradley but with more consistency on offense.

Comment

Thing is, he would only work as a sub. Cause he's another undersized 2. Although his defense, is something we really need, he's like another Avery Bradley but with more consistency on offense.
                He's the same size as Irving (6ft 2 (2 inches taller then CP3)). 6 ft 2 isn't that small.

BTW He's not a 2, he's a 1. His passing skills are underrated because his offensive game is so strong.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Feb 27, 2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

He's the same size as Irving (6ft 2 (2 inches taller then CP3)). 6 ft 2 isn't that small.

BTW He's not a 2, he's a 1. His passing skills are underrated because his offensive game is so strong.
                  I said he's an undersized shooting guard, not point guard. He might have good passing skills, but he clearly prefers keeping the ball to himself, than passing to his teammates.

Comment

• Madman wrote: View Post
                    LOL there is no way James Johnson is a long term starting SF on this or ANY team in the NBA, if he really had such upside Chicago wouldnt have traded him for one of the last picks in the 1st round and he would've found a way to play himself into minutes. The only reason he is starting here is because of Kleiza's injury and Sonny's awful play.

And had you read my post, i said that we do need a PG, only that if Irving is not available next years draft is expected to have more talented PGs available than this year. So why not take a talented player who fills a need.

I really hope you (and all raptor fans) dont think that this team will contend next year, this will be at least a 3 year rebuild
                    The reason he didn't play in chicago was because they got like 3 guys at Sf. And Weems was playing well before johnson came. Johnson can basically do everything, once he improves his offensive game he will be alot better. Who do you expect us to get at SF? Lebron James? like seriously, you can't expect him to come in and make immediate difference to our team. Let him improve his teammate chemistry and offensive game over the summer and he'll fit the starting position perfectly.

Comment

• The one thing James Johnson has going for him is the Raps do not need a scorer at SF. Scoring is far from the team's problem.

Comment

I said he's an undersized shooting guard, not point guard. He might have good passing skills, but he clearly prefers keeping the ball to himself, than passing to his teammates.
                        1) That's not really true, he has 16 games of 5 or more assists. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36409
                        2) When you have the offensive skills he has obviously you're not going to pass as much.
                        3) His team isn't that great.
                        4) He's a PG because he has the leadership qualities of a PG.

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Feb 28, 2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

1) That's not really true, he has 16 games of 5 or more assists. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36409
                          2) When you have the offensive skills he has obviously you're not going to pass as much.
                          3) His team isn't that great.
                          4) He's a PG because he has the leadership qualities of a PG.

I have to admit though, his drive, confidence and defensive abilities are very attractive. But in the NBA, he won't able to make all these shots he makes now. And he'll have to learn that, or else he could be like a Bayless 2.0 (although Fredette is far more talented on both ends). I don't know, if we fall in the draft, I guess why not?? He seems very talented, plays defense, still not sure of his PG skills though..

Comment

I have to admit though, his drive, confidence and defensive abilities are very attractive. But in the NBA, he won't able to make all these shots he makes now. And he'll have to learn that, or else he could be like a Bayless 2.0 (although Fredette is far more talented on both ends). I don't know, if we fall in the draft, I guess why not?? He seems very talented, plays defense, still not sure of his PG skills though..
                            Fredette is an extremely hardworker from everything I've read. He shouldn't have any prob with stepping up his game when he gets here.

(In part 2 (5:05) he talks about how he doesn't want to be a liability on defense and he wants to work on that part of his game)

BTW His shot probably wont be as effective but it'll still be beastly in the NBA due to his range and accuracy.
                            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Mar 1, 2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Just one person's opinion:

Hobby in Cleveland:
                              Man, i really hope the CAVS draft Perry Jones and Jonas V. We need size big-time! U heard on anything what the CAVS are thinking to draft?
                              Luke Byrnes:
                              Unfortunately for the Cavs, they have some nice picks early in the draft with an really weak class coming out. Which of those players is going to transform the franchise? I don't really see either of them being "the guy." Kyrie Irving is the best prospect in this draft, far and away. If he stays at Duke, can't get healthy or if you don't land the No. 1 pick, there isn't a great yield for what looks like two top-five picks.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?c...#ixzz1FOBMqYxm

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                And Weems was playing well before johnson came. Johnson can basically do everything, once he improves his offensive game he will be alot better. Who do you expect us to get at SF? Lebron James? like seriously, you can't expect him to come in and make immediate difference to our team. Let him improve his teammate chemistry and offensive game over the summer and he'll fit the starting position perfectly.
                                no im not expecting him to be lebron and im not saying he's going to be terrible, im saying he's 24 and i dont see him being a long term starting Sf in the NBA, so why not get a guy who has the potential to be a star at the same position and let Johnson come of the bench

Comment

Working...
                                X