No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jeff Green or Wilson Chandler signs an offer sheet for 6 mil per not only are they settling for too little, both the Thunder and Knicks would match right away.

Chandler is playing at a great level on a good team, 17.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.4 bpg and solid shooting percentages in 35 minutes a game is not a 6 mil per year guy, salary cap or not.

Green is having a little bit of a down year and with the emergence of Ibaka could be expendable. BUT, even if OKC would let him go his agent is sure to find a team willing to offer more than 6 mil per.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
      I would prefer the raptors Brandon Knight since we know that if Kyle declares he will be top three, and at the pace we are now we can probably get 4-7 place, if Enes isnt picked in top three, Toronto better take him, hes gonna be a beast Center for years to come, when Shaq retires and Dwight gets into his prime, Enes could very well be the third best C in the NBA in a couple years,after Dwight and Bynum.
      We should absolutely not go after Enes. The dood has injury prob and I wouldn't risk it no matter how talented he is.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        If Jeff Green or Wilson Chandler signs an offer sheet for 6 mil per not only are they settling for too little, both the Thunder and Knicks would match right away.

Chandler is playing at a great level on a good team, 17.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.4 bpg and solid shooting percentages in 35 minutes a game is not a 6 mil per year guy, salary cap or not.

Green is having a little bit of a down year and with the emergence of Ibaka could be expendable. BUT, even if OKC would let him go his agent is sure to find a team willing to offer more than 6 mil per.
        Jeff Green can be had at a little bit above $6m(that is why I said at least, I also don't see how OKC would be wanting to pay luxury tax as they are a small market team and Russell Westbrook is getting the most he can get as he knows he is a core part of the OKC future(also remeber that they got big men in Ibaka and a top draft pick in James Harden to offer a new contract in the next 2-3 years) , so Jeff Green is on the back burner for now - other small market teams can not be like Orlando that matched a huge offer sheet for JJ Redick).

It also does not have to be those players - just players with similar skillsets that fit into how teams should be built which is the right way at least if you want to contend and have a ceiling a la Utah or the Hawks(even though they have peaked at a second round loss) as MLSE will hardly pay luxury tax for the team to contend).

Additionally, Jeff Green skillset can be duplicated at the draft for cheap(there are a lot of wings that can shoot as well as he does a la Perry Jones, Tyler Honeycutt, Jordan Hamilton, Terrence Jones and some(Terrence Jones, Tyler Honeycutt) rebound the ball well(better than Jeff Green infact) for the SF position). The only reason why I want him or Chandler is that they are veterans in the sense of it that are offensively talented coming off the bench and could be a mentor to the draft pick SF we are bringing in.
        Last edited by smushmush; Sun Jan 16, 2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Terrence Jones all the way.

Comment

• My personal favorites thus far are Terrence Jones and Kemba Walker. Not sure about Irving.

Comment

• Im liking kanter too! another guy to keep in mind is derrick williams, he is listed as a PF in alot of mock drafts but espn says he is truely a small forward. could be agood rookie aswell.

Comment

• With out 2 1st rounders.

Best case scenario: Kyrie Irving, CJ Leslie

Fallback choices: Alec Burks, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Jordon Hamilton,

If we do get a top 3 pick, and Irving is gone, the Perry or Terrence Jones obviously become fallback choices.

Since Calderon is likely trade bait, I think we need a PG, and our biggest weekness currently is at SF, so winding up with Burks, Knight or Walker and Leslie Or Hamilton would be fine, even if we don't move in in the lottery.

Just hope the Heat lose as much as possible to get up to Leslie or Hamilton range.

If we can't get Leslie or Hamilton with Miami's pick, trade it, unless somebody unexpected falls, like Kris Joseph. Otherwise, nobody interesting projected in the bottom of the lottery. The 2nd round has some interesting prospects, like Chris Wright and, well, Chris Wright, though the Dayton one seems more interesting than the Georgetown one. Also Shelvin Mack and Elias Harris.

Comment

• Most people don't mention Kemba Walker, any reason why?

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                    Most people don't mention Kemba Walker, any reason why?
                    He's Damon Stoudemire, v. 2.0. Pass.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      He's Damon Stoudemire, v. 2.0. Pass.

He brings a little more size and athleticism to the table, but both are scoring point guards. Walker seems to play the pick and roll well, that will help in the NBA as that is a large part of most teams offense. Walker has also showed improvements in his game, becoming a better shooter and leader, this is a goos sign. Some guys are not much different in college than they were in high school, but he has grown.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He brings a little more size and athleticism to the table, but both are scoring point guards. Walker seems to play the pick and roll well, that will help in the NBA as that is a large part of most teams offense. Walker has also showed improvements in his game, becoming a better shooter and leader, this is a goos sign. Some guys are not much different in college than they were in high school, but he has grown.
                        Damon and Walker are the same size. They're both 5'10'-5'11", they're both quick, athletic guards who look more to score than to distribute.

The only real impact/franchise player in this draft is Kyrie Irving - that is, if he decides to declare. Everyone else is a crapshoot.

Comment

• Kemba has been listed as 6' and 6' 1" every where I have seen, Damon has never been listed as anything but 5'10", 2 inches can make a difference. They are similar and Damon had a pretty good career, would I take Walker top 5, no. Would I take him if we are out of the top 8, potentially.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Kemba has been listed as 6' and 6' 1" every where I have seen, Damon has never been listed as anything but 5'10", 2 inches can make a difference. They are similar and Damon had a pretty good career, would I take Walker top 5, no. Would I take him if we are out of the top 8, potentially.
                            He's a small-ish guard. He's got a lot of speed to burn and is a good defender, I will give him that. But I'm not sold on the fact that he's 5'11" (and is only 170 lbs) and has poor shot selection. However, if he's the BPA at the spot when we select, I'd take him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              If Irving is healthy and declares and is available, hands down Kyrie. Players like him come along very rarely. When All-American seniors at Duke step back, follow his lead, and most importantly listen to a rookie, you know he is special.
                              +1

hes the player id take over anyone in the draft, and feel we should do whatever we can to move up (if needed) and get.

the other dudes that intrigue me are selby, walker and honeycutt. really depends where we are in the draft and their desire to move up/down.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kyrie Irving is definitely the player we need to draft if he goes to the draft. I think it would be a bad decision not to go into it just because he's injured (out for the year?) and what happens if something worse happens to him next year? Then he will never play in the NBA. It's one of those things players have to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X