No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've alwyas been more of a steinbrenner type, where you trade away prospects and such for already proven talent.

so, i'd rather see the picks get traded away for some guys name that i am used to hearing, like derozan and a first rounder for monta.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      i've alwyas been more of a steinbrenner type, where you trade away prospects and such for already proven talent.

so, i'd rather see the picks get traded away for some guys name that i am used to hearing, like derozan and a first rounder for monta.
      Why would you trade one young, developing no defense guard, for another no defense guard who has already peaked?

Here's one name we were all used to hearing; Jermaine O'neal. Here's another name we'll be hearing more and more in the future; Roy Hibbert.

Comment

• Comment

• I vote for making this thread a sticky
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• The more I read about the draft, the more I think Irving and Leslie are the players to want. Obviously, Irving is the luck of the lottery, but if we fail to move up, I honestly would rather have CJ Leslie than anyone else outside of the top 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daflJ_K2hL
            Last edited by Quirk; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• I love how people were slaggin on me before about Perry Jones and now everywhere you look he's going #1.

Him and Irving are the most talented prospects in the draft. Harrison Barnes and Terrence Jones are a VERY close Third and Fourth. Going to be a good draft.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I love how people were slaggin on me before about Perry Jones and now everywhere you look he's going #1.

Him and Irving are the most talented prospects in the draft. Harrison Barnes and Terrence Jones are a VERY close Third and Fourth. Going to be a good draft.
                Was it last year or even two years ago everyone was calling this the 'Harrison Barnes lottery'? Funny how things change....

Comment

• Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                  Was it last year or even two years ago everyone was calling this the 'Harrison Barnes lottery'? Funny how things change....
                  haha Was just thinking that myself actually. Barnes was the #1 picks to lose, a year ago... now he'll be lucky to make the top 3.

Comment

• between Jones and Irving, I'd take Irving, but Jones has been stringing together some solid games. Nothing eye-popping, or anything that stands out - Terrence Jones and Jared Sullinger are putting up better numbers, but the stats are improving.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                      they should get Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, Jared Sullinger, Kyle Irving, Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Terrence Jones, even Donatas Motiejunas even though hes a carbon copy of a young Barney
                      Irving's injury could cause him to slip into the hands of a lucky team who has no business being in position to land such a high talent. A team like the Raptors, who I am convinced will produce their classic mediocre season of playing themselves out of the playoffs early in the season and then playing themselves out of a high lotto pick late in the season. That is, IF he comes out. I'm sort of thinking he won't...

Comment

• A lot of the top teams have only now started playing tough games in conference play. The breakout players of this draft are only now starting to "stand up". The spot we are weakest is Small Forward. I want them to draft the best, long athletic, 3 they can find but I don't think who that is is clear yet.

Comment

• I'd take Kyrie Irving. I hope he comes out. He reminds me of Chris Paul and I think he'll be a very good point guard. If you team him with what we have, add a good player via our cap room/trade exemption, you'll be in real good shape. I think Irving has the ability to make everyone around him better. He and Ed Davis would make a real nice combination when both mature. Barring Irving, Jones might make a nice pick. I'm not sure where Harrison Barnes fits.

Comment

• Perry Jones or Kyrie Irving. Can't go wrong with either one to be honest. It just depends on what we need most at the time of the draft. Based on our situation I'd go with Kyrie Irving, although by the end of their careers, Perry Jones would probably be the better player... but you never know!

Comment

• Harrison Barnes. I know he's had a really bad season in college. But maybe he'll improve. He has the talent to do so. Look at Westbrook, who became a lot better in the NBA than in college, because he has the skill set, the athleticism and size. Barnes also does, and he would help us where we need it the most, on the wing. If not him, Irving.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                Harrison Barnes. I know he's had a really bad season in college. But maybe he'll improve. He has the talent to do so. Look at Westbrook, who became a lot better in the NBA than in college, because he has the skill set, the athleticism and size. Barnes also does, and he would help us where we need it the most, on the wing. If not him, Irving.
                                The difference of course is that Westbrook played 2 seasons at UCLA, played heavy minutes his sophmore year and his skill set was on display.
                                Barnes has been struggling as a freshman with all the hype. If he can string together some solid games, he might get his name back into the ring as a lotto pick. Otherwise, he'd be better off staying the extra year at Carolina, honing his skills and coming out next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X