2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Thanks...Jonas looks years behind Kanter...wow this draft does not excite me.
    thats exactly what i was thinking after that video. It was a major dissapointment.
    -Valanciunas is skilled but he has a long ways to go still and no lift on his vertical.

-Kanter is physically ahead of Val but he need to polish his game alot still but might have knee problems and also is not an athletic player

- Biyombo is a physical specimen but is still very raw but might have the highest cieling of the 3.

Very tough draft this year after the 1st 2 players (irving and williams).
    Initially i was highest on Valanciunas but now im very unsure, i tihnk at this point im leaning more toward kanter (if his knees check out) with our 3rd pick but id rather have biyombo... i just think 3rd for biyomobo is to high. I think Kanter would give us kinda the same look as memphis with a Ed Davis/Kanter frontcourt ( Z.Randolph/ Marc Gasol) So you make Kanter and Davis your inside presence and derozan your 3rd or 2nd option. It looks like kanter has a decent long 2 point jumpshot and a strong inside game, this could be very useful when pair with derozan who is working to improove his outside game even more and is also very solid in the paint. and midrange.

After watching the Memphis and spurs series its very clear how important a big solid frontcourt is. Z-bo and Gasol comepetly over power the spurs all series. duncan couldnt handle how physical memphis was playing. it would be smart of toronto to head in that direction.
    Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Apr 30, 2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      This guy is a clown, listen to him break it down. At one point he says how he botched that defense, in reality he doubled on the post and the wing did not come down and pick up the man in the paint and gave up an easy score. This guy does not really know that much. I am not saying Jonas is our guy, but this evaluation was just bad.
      It wasnt the greatest but it wasnt the worst. its jsut a breakdown of what he does well and what he doesnt. just thought it was some new and informative footage. If Val is the more polished of the group that reallly scares me. most important things i got out of the video was seeing that Valanciunas has brutal lift on his vertical and that he is still pretty smal for a center. at this point Ed davis looks better to play C because he is longer and can get up high when he goes for blocks.

Comment

• Kanter

A source told me that Enes Kanter will not work out for any NBA teams until after the draft lottery, which takes place May 17. NBA teams have requested to watch Enes Kanter work out at ATTACK Athletics in Chicago, but no teams have been allowed in to watch him play. Kanter likely will not work out head-to-head with any players between now and the NBA Draft.

Top draft prospects rarely ever work out head-to-head against other players in draft workouts, so this isn't anything new. Last year, Derrick Favors and DeMarcus Cousins went through drills together in a few workouts, and even that was a rarity.

Apparently, Kanter's jump shot is really coming along and his mid-range baseline jumper is reportedly "automatic" right now.

Kanter's advisors want to wait and see what happens with the draft lottery. They only want Kanter to work out for teams that are drafting in the top 5-7 range, but more importantly they want to be selective of which teams Kanter works out for so that they can find teams that would be an ideal fit.
        http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=710

Comment

This guy is a clown, listen to him break it down. At one point he says how he botched that defense, in reality he doubled on the post and the wing did not come down and pick up the man in the paint and gave up an easy score. This guy does not really know that much. I am not saying Jonas is our guy, but this evaluation was just bad.
          really! maybe we need Steven A. Smith to the do the commentary with a opening statement like "How does this scrub get into top 5 in someones mock draft", quite honestly people are wearing some seriously colored glasses when it comes to some of these guys.

Comment

• redflag

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              redflag
              WHY ? it says his diceisions are not out of the ordinary at all and is actually rare to see players go head to head. they want to wait till the lottery is settled so they dont waste the Kanters time. and they only want him to workout for teams where he would be an " ideal fit" or in other words, a team he could go to and get playing time and contribute.

Comment

• Does anyone feel that Kanter's knee issues are really a non-issue as he has had a year off from the pounding of games and has been able to work on his body and skill level without griding out for 30-40 games.
                Kanter turns 19 in 3 weeks, could some of his knee issues have just been growing pains?
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Does anyone feel that Kanter's knee issues are really a non-issue as he has had a year off from the pounding of games and has been able to work on his body and skill level without griding out for 30-40 games.
                  Kanter turns 19 in 3 weeks, could some of his knee issues have just been growing pains?
                  This is a great point. A such a young age, he in a position to strengthen his legs now and as you said, with the year off, condition and 'rehab' himself to a point where it could very possibly be a non-issue.
                  Still .. I think they said the same thing about Oden .. *dun dun dun*

Comment

• NBAdraft.net have Kanter as 6'11", 260lbs.
                    Draftexpress.com have Kanter as 6'10" 250lbs.
                    Wikipedia have him as 6'11", 272lbs.

Who's right?
                    Last edited by Joey; Sat Apr 30, 2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• NBADRAFT.net has removed Jonas Valenciunas from the 2011 draft mocks and moved him to 2012. Did I miss an announcement that he is backing out of the draft? Even if he is not considered for us, he helps push some others down the list.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        NBAdraft.net have Kanter as 6'11", 260lbs.
                        Draftexpress.com have Kanter as 6'10" 250lbs.
                        Wikipedia have him as 6'11", 272lbs.

Who's right?
                        Wiki is definitely wrong like always.

Comment

• I am dissapointed that we won't see him in a head-to-head work out. But there isn't really a red flag. Ed Davis never worked out with the Raptors, since they thought he wouldn't be available. Look how that turned out.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Kanter is number 2 on my list after irving. Dwill is no longer on my list, we got kleiza.

Comment

• Derrick Williams at Top of Raptors' Draft Board

The following is from a Chad Ford Chat that happened on Wednesday:

it's very early in the process. I think they could go either way, but I believe they are leaning toward Williams ... yes.
                              Source: ESPN.com

Comment

• Very understandable, i guess they are assuming Jose and Bayless will both be back. Bayless may be the answer for the Raps at PG. next season should answer that question.

Good find Apollo

Comment

Working...
                                X