No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets just hope for the #2 pick? So were just grab who fall to us.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Both video are fairly long but, it shows off his skill set. I don't think his as raw as people think. I feel he just plays his role on the team. That's to fight down low, get second chances, block shots and finish at the rim. It works seeing the teams record at 20-4 going into the playoffs. Just by his percentages(FG 70%, FT 90%, 3PG 100%) shows that his more skilled than people think. He does seem like a project but, it's not like were competing for Championship next year.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lottery Odds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery

past lottery results

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-lottery-history/
        Last edited by jbml; Sun May 1, 2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• On Alec Burks:
          Burks is D-Wade waiting to happen. The Big 12 wouldn't disagree.
          On Kawhi Leonard:
          He's got huge hands, and pursues the ball like no other player that I've coached. When he gets his hands on the ball, he will usually get it.
          On Jordan Hamilton:
          Jordan Hamilton can score no matter who's in the gym,
          I think he's got tremendous upside. He's got a chance to be very, very good.
          How can they talk about how this draft is soooo weak, and then go on to say a guy not even mentioned in the top 5, is 'D-Wade waiting to happen.' Ridiculous.

Good read on Kawhi Leonard, Alec Burks and Jordan Hamilton though.
          Source
          Last edited by Joey; Sun May 1, 2011, 11:01 AM. Reason: A few additions.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            If we took Williams over Irving id have the meltdown to end all meltdowns
            Be sure to videotape that. You can make some serious cash on YouTube these days just with a good flip-out.

Comment

• its MAY 1!!! 16 more days to go!

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                possibly, stop ripping on peoples comments its kind of annoying.
                I fail to see how that is ripping on someone's comment. Besides, you really need to take a look at some of your comments there, buddy. It's kind of a hypocritical comment.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  On Alec Burks:

On Kawhi Leonard:

On Jordan Hamilton:

How can they talk about how this draft is soooo weak, and then go on to say a guy not even mentioned in the top 5, is 'D-Wade waiting to happen.' Ridiculous.

Good read on Kawhi Leonard, Alec Burks and Jordan Hamilton though.
                  Source
                  You should go back and read some of the things about players in the past. It's actually funny who they have compared scrubs to. Guys will have great things written about them and you wonder why they are ranked so low, and then they do absolutely nothing. You want to know a good indication this is a weak draft. TWO lottery teams traded their unprotected picks before the lottery to get out of it. I don't recall ever seeing that before.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• You misinterpretted what I was saying.
                    I'm saying this author is lavishing praise on these players like they are Top 3 picks and he is deceiving his audience in the process. It is a weak draft, and he's speaking like it is not. It's a decent read, but he is very misleading by only speaking with the respective coaches of each player and not really speaking to why each will not even be Top 5 picks.

I was saying its ridiculous to say Burks is going to be like Wade.
                    If he was going to be anything close to Wade, he'd the #1 pick in this 'weak' draft.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      You misinterpretted what I was saying.
                      I'm saying this author is lavishing praise on these players like they are Top 3 picks and he is deceiving his audience in the process. It is a weak draft, and he's speaking like it is not. It's a decent read, but he is very misleading by only speaking with the respective coaches of each player and not really speaking to why each will not even be Top 5 picks.

I was saying its ridiculous to say Burks is going to be like Wade.
                      If he was going to be anything close to Wade, he'd the #1 pick in this 'weak' draft.
                      Gotcha. My mistake. I agree, then.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• An article on SwishScout.com breaking down the top ten International players in this years draft. Of course it came down to the two long time rivals rivals Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Kanter. Kanter end up getting the number one spot. Its a good read and a good website on on the upcoming draft. If you want to here what he had to say about the other International prospects http://swishscout.com/?p=5118

2. Jonas Valanciunas (Lithuania)
                        6’11”, 240 lb.s
                        Perhaps the ultimate boom or bust pick in the 2011 Draft, Valanciunas is a player that presents intrigue as well as question marks. A player of his size, length and developing skill set could make him as good as Pau Gasol eventually, or a lack of desire and work ethic could make him the next Jason Smith. Jonas is mobile post player with extreme length and a solid developing basketball IQ, but clearly needs time to grow into his body and develop strength. He doesn’t play with much post toughness yet and clearly needs more time refining his post game. The most noticeable missing aspect from his game is a face up jumper, which is odd because of how solid his free throw stroke looks and goes in. A midrange game should come fairly natural with work in the next couple years and allow him to extend the defense. If he can learn to make a quick turn move with his back to the basket and utilize his finishing ability from skill instead of pure size advantage like he is now, he could become a weapon with his post game. Jonas makes a considerable impact rebounding the ball and changing shots in the lane on defense too. A risky pick based on rawness and projected draft position, but a very rewarding one as well that is probably poised to pan out similar to an Andris Biedrins type game.

1. Enes Kanter (Turkey)
                        6’11”, 260 lb.s
                        Although he could be considered a product of the NCAA without ever having played a game at Kentucky, Kanter is a true product of the Turkish national team and professional ranks. There is plenty of mystique and intrigue surrounding his game, and deservedly so. Watching someone dominate Jared Sullinger and Patric Young for 34 points and 13 rebounds in 24 minutes of play during the 2010 Nike Hoop Summit is a rare event, and witnessing it live only fueled the case for Kanter in my mind. Enes is an extremely skilled post player with an impressive repertoire of moves that allow him to capitalize with his back to the basket or from the face up. With his 6’11”, 260 lb.s frame, he’s a very strong rebounder who gets consistently puts himself into box out position to grab and secure the ball with his length and strength. For being only 18, he has an incredibly high basketball IQ and skill set that make his chances for success in the NBA all the better. He’s not the most mobile or athletically gifted post player available, but his talent and production at every level of play in his young career speaks for itself. With Kanter’s physical player and talent, he reminds me of Al Jefferson and could be a player that puts up 20 and 10 on a nightly basis in the league. Should get serious consideration for the top pick in June alongside Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I fail to see how that is ripping on someone's comment. Besides, you really need to take a look at some of your comments there, buddy. It's kind of a hypocritical comment.
                            i only rip on idiots like or
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon May 2, 2011, 08:37 PM. Reason: Please be respectful of all former and current members

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                              its MAY 1!!! 16 more days to go!
                              the lottery is on the 17th but when is the actual draft?

Comment

• I watched Biyombo at the Nike Hoop Summit, impressive...then I watched Kanter in the 2010 Nike Hoops Summit and started drooling on my keyboard.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X