No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 23rd at the Prudential Center in New Jersey.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      I watched Biyombo at the Nike Hoop Summit, impressive...then I watched Kanter in the 2010 Nike Hoops Summit and started drooling on my keyboard.
      Should post that. I'd be curious to see.

ADD Nevermind.

If Bismack Biyombo is the next Dikembe Mutumbo, then according to this, Kanter is the next Vlade Divacabonis. Soo much more polished.

ADD I'm sold. Let's take him.

6'-10" 245 at 17. Guys gotta be at least 265 looking at him now. And even 6'-11" now. Thats taller and bigger than Ibaka and closer to Kendrick Perkins.

ADD Though at 7'-0" and 250lbs, Andrea Bargnani is Bigger than Ibaka, so I guess thats not really appropriate. haha
      Last edited by Joey; Mon May 2, 2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I'm ok with Kanter now. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland took him before us.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Yeah I'm ok with Kanter now. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland took him before us.
          If the Raps draft top 3, I'm sure any pick will be decent (Irving, Williams, Kanter). The fear is they slip to 6th (knock on wood).

Comment

• Vesely Looking Good

the 21-year-old Vesely is expected to play both forward positions. For his European team, Partizan Belgrade, Vesely has played both positions and defended threes, including NBA small forward prospect Bojan Bogdanovic this year. At 6-foot-11, 240 pounds, Vesely still possesses an athletic ability that is rarely seen among European prospects.

"His athleticism is off the charts," an Atlantic Division personnel man said. "He runs the floor. Does a lot of things that are factors in the game. Has personality on the court. When he dunks the ball, you know he dunks the ball."

Said a Northwest Division executive: "He plays hard and he cuts off the ball. He's going to survive because of that. He plays like (Andrei) Kirilenko when he was super athletic."

Vesely's European team hasn't been quite as good this season as last, when he first became known as a top NBA propsect. But that doesn't deter his supporters in the least. "Right now I would say forget the mock drafts," the Atlantic Division man said. "I still say, talent-wise, he's a top five pick."
            Said an Atlantic Division exec: "Right now, it's not even close. Vesely is a player and Motiejunas is an unknown.
            Source: NBA.com

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              When he dunks the ball, you know he dunks the ball
              This quote runs completely counter-intuitive to his nickname "The Dunking Ninja".
              With a name like that, you'd almost expect him to be pretty sneaky about his dunking. hahah

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                If the Raps draft top 3, I'm sure any pick will be decent (Irving, Williams, Kanter). The fear is they slip to 6th (knock on wood).
                Don't even think that.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I figured thiss going to go like this #1 pick Kyrie Irving, #2 Derrick Williams, #3 Enes Kanter, #4 Jonas Valaciunas, #5 Bismack Biyombo
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I figured thiss going to go like this #1 pick Kyrie Irving, #2 Derrick Williams, #3 Enes Kanter, #4 Jonas Valaciunas, #5 Bismack Biyombo
                    #1 Derrick Williams, #2 pick Kyrie Irving, #3 Bismack Biyombo, #4 Jonas Valaciunas, #5 Brandon Knight

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I honestly wouldn't care if they slipped to #6. They could still probably get Bismack at that pick and I'd be VERY happy. As long as D Williams or Irving isn't on the board I'd take Bismask. Depending on how his workout goes I would actually take Bismack over Irving/Williams too. I think we need a star 4/5 prospect that can be an anchor on D FAR more than we need a 3 or a 1. Bismack is a perfect fit for this team and he's still VERY young. His upside is though the roof especially defensively. He's averaging like 2.3 blocks in a very good euroleague (ACB) in //18 MIN// (leading that league).
                    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue May 3, 2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• WTF ! your crazy lol. best player available. if we got the 6th pick id be pissed! i want atleast number 2 or 3. yes biyombo would be nice at 6 but if we selct second and depending on who poicks 1st we could still get irving or d will. whereever we pick we take b est player available. no crazy gambles just best guy.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        *shudder*
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I've heard biyombo's stock has really fell the last couple weeks, not sure why. A couple mocks I looked at had him in the 20's.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It could be because some people are claiming he could 23 years old.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              It could be because some people are claiming he could 23 years old.
                              Which could be a good thing (rumours) for those drafting later. Of course it was pointed out (perhaps by you...maybe Mango) that people thought the same kind of things about Mutumbo, and unless he played until the age of 50 then total BS. Hell if they were right and he played until the age of 50 then cool too. At the end of the day if he gives you solid playing years power to him.

Comment

• True, I think they're just worried how much more he'll actually develop. If he's got those raw skills and he's 19 then awesome. Buy if he's 23 or even 26 as rumored, then it's kind of concerning how much better he'll actually get.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X