2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE]
    DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski says freshman point guard Kyrie Irving has been cleared for "a few basketball-related activities" as he recovers from a toe injury that has sidelined him most of the season.

But the Hall of Fame coach said Friday that he still doesn't expect Irving to return this season.

Irving met with a doctor in Charlotte and was cleared for the next step in his rehabilitation, though Krzyzewski says it wouldn't be at the normal pace to prepare him to return to the lineup for the fourth-ranked Blue Devils. He says Duke has "a responsibility that ... we take care of his future."

Irving has been out since injuring his right big toe in a December win against Butler. He was averaging 17 points and five assists while starting the first eight games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6182728

Playing possum for March Madness? Most likely not.

Comment

• BYU is screw now that they kick Brandon Davies off the team (for having sex with this GF). He was their only inside guy and best rebounder on the team. No matter how good Fredette plays I don't see how they can win without him, the already crappy team just got much crappier.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab-328338

The sophomore center started 26 of 29 games for the Cougars, averaging 11.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 24.9 minutes per game.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Source: "Barnes' play now matching potential", CBS Sports

Barnes is on a similar path to DeMar DeRozan so far. Let's see if he can make the magic work in the ACC Championship game though.
        I agree, at the moment its looking like it will be a tough pick. we definetly nered to draft best player available. My list is a\s follows: 1-kyrie irving 2-perry jones 3 harrison barnes ( i have faith barnes will be a solid NBA player with time)
        Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Mar 5, 2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
          If Irving isn't the pick, I'd look at Barnes. The kid is quietly stringing together some pretty decent games and starting to show the promise everyone was raving about at the beginning of the season.
          I think barnes could be another guy that slips in the draftt like ed and it would be smart to pick him up .

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Source: "Barnes' play now matching potential", CBS Sports

Barnes is on a similar path to DeMar DeRozan so far. Let's see if he can make the magic work in the ACC Championship game though.
            I'm getting excited about Barnes again too. There's still time to see whether he is a special player (big games coming up).

After Kobe and Lebron, there's no other guys that can really dominate and facilitate the offence from the SF position. B-Roy is done. Paul Pierce would be the other guy, but he's getting old and C's dont rely on him to do that on a nightly basis. VC stopped trying 5 years ago.

Barnes was projected to be that type of player.

Secondly, even though I agree Raps have to take best player available....SF is a position of need for the Raps too - so Barnes would work out in that way too. DD is a shooting guard. I dont care what DD is listed at - when you see him on the court, he looks much better defending Wade/Allen vs guys like Lebron/Pierce/Carter.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
              I'm getting excited about Barnes again too. There's still time to see whether he is a special player (big games coming up).

After Kobe and Lebron, there's no other guys that can really dominate and facilitate the offence from the SF position. B-Roy is done. Paul Pierce would be the other guy, but he's getting old and C's dont rely on him to do that on a nightly basis. VC stopped trying 5 years ago.

Barnes was projected to be that type of player.

Secondly, even though I agree Raps have to take best player available....SF is a position of need for the Raps too - so Barnes would work out in that way too. DD is a shooting guard. I dont care what DD is listed at - when you see him on the court, he looks much better defending Wade/Allen vs guys like Lebron/Pierce/Carter.
              There will be a big game tonight vs. Duke for Barnes to show his stuff. It is on CBS for those interested in watching.

Comment

• Fredette > Barnes. Barnes hasn't proven he can be anything he's an "all "potential"" which you don't take with a [very] high draft pick.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Mar 5, 2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  There will be a big game tonight vs. Duke for Barnes to show his stuff. It is on CBS for those interested in watching.
                  Yeah thats going to be a good measuring stick.

He is hot coming in and they're playing a top team and a big rival.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Fredette > Barnes. Barnes hasn't proven he can be anything he is a all "potential" which you don't take with a [very] high draft pick
                  Well like I said he's starting to play a lot better, but I more than anyone want to see if he can start to dominate.

And yes you do take potential in the draft...thats kind of the name of the game. Why is Perry Jones going to be in the top 3?

If the draft was held today at this moment, Barnes would go over Fredette for that same reason.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    I think barnes could be another guy that slips in the draftt like ed and it would be smart to pick him up .
                    Barnes has too much talent for him to slip as far as Davis did. I mean, first freshman ever to be named to the pre-season all AP team, some scouts had comparisons to Kobe Bryant. If he has a solid NCAA tournament, he shouldn't lower than #5.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      Barnes has too much talent for him to slip as far as Davis did.
                      Gee thats a silly statement. DE the most trusted name in college prospects has him going at #11.
                      http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-history/

I hope you do not say something silly like "Davis went 13", because obviously the point is that he could potentially be a talented guy to drop.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      If he has a solid NCAA tournament, he shouldn't lower than #5.
                      Golly, thats another silly statement. No duh? If the top ranked guy coming into the season has a good tournament, he'll go before #5?

Comment

• HEY MANGO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ME3...eature=related

LOL

take that silly kid

Comment

• Barnes came in to the year as the consensus #1 for just about everyone - ESPN, DE, NBADraft.net.

If he doesn't go #1, in my mind, he slipped. If the Raps are picking 4/5/6/7 and they get him I think it could be a similar Davis situation but for different reasons. Davis slipped due to injury, Barnes would have slipped due to not living up to expectations.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                            Gee thats a silly statement. DE the most trusted name in college prospects has him going at #11.
                            http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-history/

I hope you do not say something silly like "Davis went 13", because obviously the point is that he could potentially be a talented guy to drop.

How is that statement silly? Look at different draft boards and you'll every one will be different aside from Irving and Sullinger being in the top 3. Still a lot of basketball to be played. Plus there's individual workouts and one on ones.
                            The difference between Davis and Barnes is that Davis got injured and missed the majority of the season. He was somewhat of an unknown in the draft because of that injury concern. He also didn't work out for very many teams. Barnes while started slow, his game is picking up and he's starting to show the Barnes that garnered so many accolades prior to the season. In a weak draft like this one coming up, should Barnes have a solid NCAA tournament and do well in his workouts, he will not drop. In fact, his stock will rise.

Comment

• One thing Barnes has going for him: no one has ever questioned his maturity or work ethic. In a league like the NBA those who possess ability and are able to keep their head on straight and while continuing to improve their game are the ones who generally experience long term success.

I think I would rather have a mature, hardworking kid coming out of college who has a ceiling around the 25th floor of a 30 floor building than have an immature, get-by-on-my-natural-ability kid who is standing on the roof of that 30 floor building.

This is all my opinion but I think the mature kid will have a longer and more successful career and will contribute to a winner.

As much success as Kobe Bryant has had, that guy is the hardest working player in the NBA. Imagine if McGrady or Wince had that desire to be the best.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                Fredette > Barnes. Barnes hasn't proven he can be anything he's an "all "potential"" which you don't take with a [very] high draft pick.
                                Is this a serious post?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X