No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredette isn't going slip out of top 12. Mark my words.

Irving is a safe pick, kind of overrated and most likely wont be there at 5 if he does choose to come out (which seems unlikely).
    Burnes I'm not sure about this guy.
    Knight is good but he's pretty much a combo guard/SG
    Walker is undersized, doesn't have the shooting skills of Fredette, plays just as good/bad D as Fredette and his passing/decision making is pretty bad.

Fredette right now is a top 10 guys, he has everything you look for in a prospect. Great shooting form/range, very coachable and a hardworker. All he's lacking is D (which he will most likely improve) and his athletic isn't that great but that can be said about Irving too.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 6, 2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Irving. Franchise PG.
      Burks. Great size, skill range. Maybe not the shooter Jimmer is but can do everything else better. Way better.
      Knight. Underrated imo. Doesn't really get a good chance to flash his athleticism in their system.
      Walker. Really reminds me of TJ ford. Aka the last PG to lead us to the playoffs. Underrated defender, blinding speed.
      Knight got destroyed by walker earlier this season.

Walker is too small for the NBA to be our main point guard we can do better.

Irving I haven't seen enough of him to know if he can play D but his passing is the skill that we do him well in the NBA

Jimmer I haven't seen anyone shot like him in a very long time, no one score 30+ points on a regular bases in college that is unheard of. Against ranked teams he has dropped 40+. Not saying we should pick jimmer but the kid has game!

one more thing i want to add jimmer and irving are the same height irving maybe a better athlete but that doesn't mean he will be a better defender, good defenders know how to cut angles so athleticism helps but its not the end all be all.

when we bring these kids in for workouts anyways so whoever is the best fit for the team that who we take.
      Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Mar 6, 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• I'd only take Fredette if we trade down. He is a borderline lotto pick. I discussed this with another user the other day, and I ended up agreeing with him. But I had not watched any of his games, now that I have, I can say that his game will have to change a lot once he reaches NBA level. He won't be able to get shots over bigger more physical players, he won't be allowed to keep the ball in his hands. He is also NOT a PG. The user who I discussed with said he was, and had great PG skills. Yet when I watched his games, he seemed to care more about taking the ball up, and shooting instead of passing around. And his consistent 5-8 assists? Where did that come from? He has had the same number of 0-2 assist games. There are many players who can score like he can, but in the NBA that's not enough. Plus he plays in a pretty bad conference, allowing him to dominate.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
          I'd only take Fredette if we trade down. He is a borderline lotto pick. I discussed this with another user the other day, and I ended up agreeing with him. But I had not watched any of his games, now that I have, I can say that his game will have to change a lot once he reaches NBA level. He won't be able to get shots over bigger more physical players, he won't be allowed to keep the ball in his hands. He is also NOT a PG. The user who I discussed with said he was, and had great PG skills. Yet when I watched his games, he seemed to care more about taking the ball up, and shooting instead of passing around. And his consistent 5-8 assists? Where did that come from? He has had the same number of 0-2 assist games. There are many players who can score like he can, but in the NBA that's not enough. Plus he plays in a pretty bad conference, allowing him to dominate.
          Fredette doesn't really have anyone to pass to and no he doesn't have the same amount of 0-2 assists game.

16 games with 5+ assits
          6 games with 4 assits
          2 games with 3 assits
          6 games with up to 2 assits
          http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36409

I never said he was a great passer I said he was a underrated passer. He needs to improve yes but when you have as shitty team mates as he has he needs to take shots. He is pretty much the only consistent scorer on that team. With better teammates in the NBA he will adapt his game to get other players involved.

Fredette IMO is Curry 2.0. Jimmer has a better jumpshot and better at getting to the line. They are both decent/good passer, very creative offensively, decent defensively and hard workers.

BTW Why wouldn't he have the ball in his hands in the NBA? He's a PG and he's very creative offensive player with the ball in his hands.

BTW 2: Great article on Fredette. http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Fredette-3627/

Fredette plays mostly off the ball in BYU's half-court offense and unselfishly shows the ability to get teammates involved. He has a high basketball IQ and displays terrific creativity. When he has the ball in his hands, he's first and foremost looking to score, though; something that has been the case throughout his college career. With more talented teammates alongside him in the NBA, Fredette will probably need to alter his game somewhat, something it seems he's capable of doing.
          I know they say that he's a bad defender but I'm not worried with his work ethic he will get better. They have him going at 13 but I'm positive with Fredette is unleashed on the NCAA in march madness his stock will sky rocket.
          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 6, 2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Who the hell moved the "2011 Draft Lottery: Who Do They Take?" into "Bargnani's Market value?"?!?!?!?

Comment

• I did. I'm in the process of fixing it.

I made a mistake hurrying trying to move a Bargnani thread to Everything Bargnani. All done. My apologies for any confusion.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Mar 6, 2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• I'm going to bump this thread this time next year when Jimmer is averaging 6.3 points a game coming off the bench for Charlotte
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The case for Harrison Barnes:

Harrison Barnes has struggled to meet expectations, but that hasn’t stopped NBA scouts and executives from drooling over his potential.

"When you watch him, really watch him close, I think you gain a major appreciation for his game," one veteran NBA executive said. "He hasn't wowed us the way we expected him to, but his maturity level, his skill set and his overall feel for the game are outstanding. He's better than his box score shows and I think he's going to go much higher than most people expect him to on draft night. If he has a big game against Duke and in the [subsequent ACC and NCCA] tournaments, he could still go No. 1."

Barnes is averaging 13.9 points on 40.6 percent shooting.

Source

I know that people are wary of the Marvin Williams 2.0 comparisons but this guy actually starts for the Heels. He could have a tremendous upside and seems to be surging. I really don't want to look at it through pure numbers but the intangibles. Any Roy Williams coached athlete is certainly a good thing, right Ed?
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    The case for Harrison Barnes:

Harrison Barnes has struggled to meet expectations, but that hasn’t stopped NBA scouts and executives from drooling over his potential.

"When you watch him, really watch him close, I think you gain a major appreciation for his game," one veteran NBA executive said. "He hasn't wowed us the way we expected him to, but his maturity level, his skill set and his overall feel for the game are outstanding. He's better than his box score shows and I think he's going to go much higher than most people expect him to on draft night. If he has a big game against Duke and in the [subsequent ACC and NCCA] tournaments, he could still go No. 1."

Barnes is averaging 13.9 points on 40.6 percent shooting.

Source

I know that people are wary of the Marvin Williams 2.0 comparisons but this guy actually starts for the Heels. He could have a tremendous upside and seems to be surging. I really don't want to look at it through pure numbers but the intangibles. Any Roy Williams coached athlete is certainly a good thing, right Ed?
                    I've read this in a number of places so it is hardly my original thought but last night after watching the Duke-UNC game I have to agree:

Barnes game looks much better suited to the NBA than college. He certainly has the physical tools for the NBA.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I've read this in a number of places so it is hardly my original thought but last night after watching the Duke-UNC game I have to agree:

Barnes game looks much better suited to the NBA than college. He certainly has the physical tools for the NBA.
                      I'm salivating. And really, where we currently are with the ping-pong balls, he's gettable (if there is such a word).
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Derrick Williams is a player zooming up the board. Plays at Arizona and I think someone BC may have been scouting during the allstar break (he said he was going to Phoenix on a scouting trip in an interview). Probably will be a SF in the NBA.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Williams-5811/

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=6171215

I would go for Irving if available.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Derrick Williams is a player zooming up the board. Plays at Arizona and I think someone BC may have been scouting during the allstar break (he said he was going to Phoenix on a scouting trip in an interview). Probably will be a SF in the NBA.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Williams-5811/

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=6171215

I would go for Irving if available.
                          He's another one. What weak draft?

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            He's another one. What weak draft?
                            I think the knock on the draft is hte lack of potential stars. Lots of good role players to be had but few future star talents. Sound a little like 2006?

Comment

• I like these small school kids

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                I'm going to bump this thread this time next year when Jimmer is averaging 6.3 points a game coming off the bench for Charlotte
                                Ya, because DeMar's 8.6 ppg as a starter in his rookie year was so great.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X