2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    lets drop the fredette thing already, he wil lbe the next reddick i can already see it. i remember when i was young, immature and had little basketball knowledge too. i saw reddick and was amazed at his skills in NCAA. then he go to the NBA and meh... fredette will be no different. some people are acting like he is the next big thing lol
    They aren't the same players. Fredette will be big if he gets into the right system. Mark my word.

Comment

• They aren't the same players. Fredette will be big if he gets into the right system. Mark my word.

lol. Im sure that exact sentece has been said every year, no offense. I bet when fredette is drafted and isnt what some exect they will just blame the system (its the circle of life).

Comment

They aren't the same players. Fredette will be big if he gets into the right system. Mark my word.

lol. Im sure that exact sentece has been said every year, no offense. I bet when fredette is drafted and isnt what some exect they will just blame the system (its the circle of life).
        Yup.

Although I would bet he would be great off the bench in Boston. Starter? Nowhere for a playoff team.

Comment

• Check out Harrison Barnes highlites from his big game:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJFWX-yLgY

He'd be a really good complement to Demar at SF, because whoever gets plugged in there needs to be a good shooter to make up for DD's lack of range.

I was already on the HB bandwagon before his recent strong games, thinking that even if Raps draft approximately 5th, they could pick him up. Now I hope he just doesn't blow up too much in the NCAA tournament

Comment

I can say the same thing about Baners. I think he's being overhyped even though he only had a half decent season. Fredette will be big and people will regret passing on him. He has everything to be a star.

It's too early to say anything about anyone though. We'll need to wait for March Madness.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Mar 14, 2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• yah exactly, March Madness seperate the men from the boys.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                Check out Harrison Barnes highlites from his big game:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJFWX-yLgY

He'd be a really good complement to Demar at SF, because whoever gets plugged in there needs to be a good shooter to make up for DD's lack of range.

I was already on the HB bandwagon before his recent strong games, thinking that even if Raps draft approximately 5th, they could pick him up. Now I hope he just doesn't blow up too much in the NCAA tournament
                I think you guys are reaching on this kid, terrence jones is a NBA SF watch this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJok9ZrnYE barnes didn't even guard him and jones guard 3 - 5 in that game. If we are talking about putting barnes at SG then I see where that will work.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  I think you guys are reaching on this kid, terrence jones is a NBA SF watch this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJok9ZrnYE barnes didn't even guard him and jones guard 3 - 5 in that game. If we are talking about putting barnes at SG then I see where that will work.
                  I was really high on T. Jones at the start of the year. He has really regressed. I wonder if Calipari has messed him up. There have been a number of instances this year with obvious conflict between the two. Calipari is a screamer as a coach. Yesterday in the SEC final Jones was on the bench and Calipari stood in front of him screaming for about 2 minutes - no joke, it was 2 minutes. I'm sure he deserved it but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Calipari should, in my opinion, start questioning how he handles T. Jones for the sake of the team and the player.

Comment

• Important draft dates

Some dates to keep in mind:

April 24 - early entry deadline (i.e. college freshmen, sophmores, and juniors)
                    May 8 - deadline to pull out of draft and retain college eligibility (NCAA rule)
                    May 17 - draft lottery
                    June 14 - deadline for international players to pull out of draft
                    June 23 - Draft Night

Comment

• Sullinger Would Be The #1 If He Were 6'11"? Not Entering The Draft?

Ohio State forward/center Jared Sullinger will soon have to make the most important decision of his young life: Stay another year with the Buckeyes or enter his name in the 2011 NBA draft.

The early entry deadline is at 11:59 p.m. April 24. It’s going to be extremely difficult for the 6-foot-9, 280-pounder to bypass the kind of money the NBA can offer.

His draft stock continues to rise. He’ll likely be a top five selection in the draft. If he returns for a second year with the Buckeyes, scouts could uncover some “warts” to his game and he could drop on the draft boards.

Ohio State coach Thad Matta isn’t convinced Sullinger is leaving.

“I think he will come back,” he said last week. “I’m hoping and I think Jared knows he has some work to do now. When the season ends we can look at all his options, but he’s one of those kids that enjoy college and he knows talking with our former players that are in the NBA what it’s all about at the next level. It’s a different world.

“I definitely have always been this way with guys, I want wants best for them, so whatever that is, we’ll point them in the right direction.”

Sullinger, 18, isn’t a finished product. He’s also a bit undersized. The Buckeyes list him at 6-9, but one NBA front-office executive said he’s probably closer to “6-7 1/2.”

If he makes himself available for the draft, the day in Chicago when teams can measure, poke and prod the players will be extremely important to Sullinger. His actual size without shoes and with shoes could sway some teams in the draft.

One front-office executive told Fox Sports Ohio that if Sullinger was 6-11, he’d be the No. 1 pick in the draft. On the plus side, he reportedly does have a 6-11 wingspan, which is outstanding.
                      Source: Morning Journal.com

Comment

• Irving May Return Some Point During The Tourney

Irving says there's a chance he'll return in NCAAs

GREENSBORO – Duke freshman guard Kyrie Irving said Sunday afternoon that there is a chance he will return from a toe injury to play at some point during the NCAA tournament.

“I can’t really put a percentage on it,” Irving said. “It all depends on how I feel, and if the medical staff feels good about it.”

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski was more cautious, saying Irving’s enthusiasm might have been fueled by the emotion of missing out on the Blue Devils’ 75-58 ACC tournament defeat of North Carolina.

Irving worked out Friday and Sunday on the Greensboro Coliseum floor during pre-game, but was not in uniform.

“We’re far away from that decision,” Krzyzewski said. “But he’s doing well. He’s worked out here every day and we’re not trying to hide anything. We tried to show that first of all we do have a guy named Kyrie and secondly that he’s progressing well.”

Irving was made available to the media for the first time since he injured his right big toe on Dec. 4 against Butler. In the locker room after Duke’s win, Irving explained the details of his injury.

He said the sesamoid bones on his right big toe were injured when he bent the toe back too far during the Butler game. He said the tissue connecting the bones was damaged and needed time to heal.

“This is where I get all of my power from, and this is the way I move as fast as I can,” Irving said. “When it did happen, when I looked at the X-rays, it was a lot more complicated than I thought it was.”

Irving, who has worked out twice during pre-game at the Greensboro Coliseum this week, said he is cleared for 5-on-0 drills but is awaiting word from the medical staff on when he will be ready to scrimmage at full speed.

He said Nike has constructed a special shoe for him to prevent his toe from bending back in the future, so he is not afraid of re-injuring it. He said his conditioning is not where it needs to be yet, but said he has been running on a treadmill in the pool for about a month to build his stamina.

His conditioning might be lacking, but he said his understanding of the game will be better after watching from the bench for all but the first eight games.

“I think I had a high basketball IQ when I was playing,” Irving said, “but now it’s increased, tremendously.”
                        Source: AboveRim

This is big news for Duke because last I read Irving wasn't likely to play again this season. This is also good news for teams picking high in the draft.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Source: AboveRim

This is big news for Duke because last I read Irving wasn't likely to play again this season. This is also good news for teams picking high in the draft.
                          Maybe not good news for Irving, he will have to perform well or teams may get scared, and he will be rusty coming back from the injury.

Comment

• I think it's his choice to come back. He said it depends on how he feels just as much as it does on the doctors.

Comment

• Trade the PICK? Are you serious? Yes, yes I am.

I posted a scenario in the Raptors Trade Proposal forum where the Raps would trade the draft pick here.

If the Raps can't secure a top tier player like Barnes or Irving (extremely talented, mature, proven work ethic), I would look to trade the draft pick. There is too much riding on this pick to risk a promising player like Perry Jones never reaching his potential, a guy like Kanter becoming the next Brandon Roy, or a guy like Terrence Jones living up to the lazy and problem child rep (which may or may not be warranted).

If you have any comments on this idea, please post in the Raptors Trade Proposal forum. Thanks.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I guess I could see Barnes as a Big SG in the NBA - kind of like a Joe Johnson or B.Roy.

But on the Raps he would have to guard the other team SF if they are going to start him and DD together.

Based on the "eye-test", he seems more suited to guard 3's than 2's.

Anyhow, there's no way Raps can pass up on him on positional reason alone.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Some dates to keep in mind:

April 24 - early entry deadline (i.e. college freshmen, sophmores, and juniors)
                                May 8 - deadline to pull out of draft and retain college eligibility (NCAA rule)

May 17 - draft lottery .... aka the Raptors' playoffs....what the whole season has been leading up to LOL

June 14 - deadline for international players to pull out of draft
                                June 23 - Draft Night
                                Maleko wrote: View Post
                                Maybe not good news for Irving, he will have to perform well or teams may get scared, and he will be rusty coming back from the injury.
                                It might be bad for Irving if his play is not as good after he comes back (ie. drops a few spots), but regardless how he plays it is good news for the Raps if he declares for the draft.

He is at least another very good prospect at the top. If the Raps dont get him at least someone else will have taken him and another top prospect will be left on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X