Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Raptors Big Board:

1.Kyrie Irving no brainer
    2. Harrisson Barnes (I doubt he will stay here)
    3. Jared Sullinger (Best player available)
    4. Henson (arguably the best wing defender in college)
    5. Kanter (best player available)
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• My Top 5 wish list

1. Irving
      2. Barnes
      3. Sullinger
      4. PJones
      5. Kanter

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        My Raptors Big Board:
        1.Kyrie Irving no brainer
        2. Harrisson Barnes (I doubt he will stay here)
        3. Jared Sullinger (Best player available)
        5. Kanter (best player available)
        cooooommmmooonnn.....ok you might be high on Henson, but you mean to tell me that if you're sitting in the Raps war room on draft night with the 4rd pick, and Irving,Barnes,Sullinger go 1-2-3...you'd make the call to David Stern: "The Toronto Raptors select John Henson" ?
        Last edited by Ruuuuu; Thu Mar 17, 2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
          cooooommmmooonnn.....ok you might be high on Henson, but you mean to tell me that if you're sitting in the Raps war room on draft night with the 4rd pick, and Irving,Barnes,Sullinger go 1-2-3...you'd make the call to David Stern: "The Toronto Raptors select John Henson" ?
          I'm big on Henson as well actually. Scouts all over the country are drooling over this kid. He's long, athletic, versatile, can guard 3-4 positions. Decent range. AMAZING defense. AMAZING rebounder. I'm not sure I'd take him with our first pick, but if he could be had in the 10-20 range I'd try like hell to get him.

This is a post I put up a little while on Henson.

He has the necessary speed, mobility as well as some moves off the dribble to make plays on the perimeter
          Defensively he is a menace, because he is quick enough to stay infront of smaller players and he is also a tremendous shotblocker at this level ...
          Even though he is capable of playing both 3 and 4 positions, he is still a tweener on the offensive end because he is not a consistent threat at either spot
          All of the above makes me disagree with you.
          And if you've seen him play, you could see that he absolutely does have potential at the 3 or 4 spot.

From Bleacher Report.
          If there's a shot at getting him late, I say we do.

The 6'10" Tar Heel sophomore is oozing NBA potential out of every pore.

In fact, no ACC player is as coveted by NBA teams as Henson is for his ridiculous wingspan, athleticism, shot blocking and rebounding.

Any time you can average 3.1 blocks, 9.7 rebounds and shoot 51percent from the field, you're going to turn heads. In just 25 minutes per game, Henson is doing just that, along with pouring in a tidy 11.3 points per game.

His ability to literally control the game from the paint is seen a few times per generation of big men. Try to name three other players in college basketball who can do what Henson does around the basket. It's a struggle to rattle off any.

The power to make teams shoot from the outside because they're afraid to shoot from inside the paint is something that many coaches never get the opportunity to experience, but all dream of having.

Henson's blessings will be just one reason that the Heels will be must-see TV for the next few weeks, especially if they tangle with Duke again on Sunday morning for the ACC crown.
          Sounds like a difference maker at the 3/4/5.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Mar 17, 2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post

Interesting! Personally, I like Henson. He's got length, length and more length. Great defender, shotblocker and rebounder. Rail thin though. Not sure if he'll declare this year. He might be better off staying at Carolina one more season and polishing his offensive game a bit. He kinda reminds of Marcus Camby without being as offensively talented as Camby.

Comment

• 1) Irving
              2) Fredette
              3) Walker
              4) T Jones
              5) Barnes

Comment

• irving
                faried
                terrence jones
                fredette
                barnes

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  He kinda reminds of Marcus Camby without being as offensively talented as Camby.
                  Nice one.
                  I'd say he's less of a sure thing down low than Camby was for sure, but I'd also say that Henson is FAR more versatile, and has far better handles and ball control. But definitely one of the better comparisons I've heard for him.

Bleacher Report wrote:
                  In fact, no ACC player is as coveted by NBA teams as Henson is for his ridiculous wingspan, athleticism, shot blocking and rebounding.
                  Big.

Comment

• Madness

March Madness has begun. This is a prime time to see the next Raptors high lotto pick in action.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      March Madness has begun. This is a prime time to see the next Raptors high lotto pick in action.
                      Man, I called Morehead, and Farried was a Beast!! That Block at the end??
                      For anyone with an iPhone, go get the free app to watch ALL games streaming on the your phone.

My work day is no longer dedicated to work.

Comment

• What app?
                        nevermind. i think i found it. funny how easy it is to find something when you look for it
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          What app?
                          nevermind. i think i found it. funny how easy it is to find something when you look for it
                          Haha ya man, just search NCAA and you'll find it. All I've been doing all day at work. hahah

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Man, I called Morehead, and Farried was a Beast!! That Block at the end??
                            For anyone with an iPhone, go get the free app to watch ALL games streaming on the your phone.

My work day is no longer dedicated to work.
                            Great game !!!

Comment

• Great Day!!! HOLY CRAP! I'm so happy!!!

I <3 March Madness!!!

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                                Yup, I'd draft the best 3 guard available in that scenario. This team needs defense, rebounding and help at the 3 and he is the best available IMO. I'd probably put Kawhi Leonard at 6.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X