No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you guys are watching BYU game. You'd see how good Fredette is, and how he's an underrated passer. There have been at least 3 great passes but his teammates missed or blew a layup.

Fredette = 4-8 FG, 5 Assists (he should have at least 3 more).
    Team = 7-23 FG

TRADE DOWN AND GET FRETDETTE! (or get him with our pick or trade someone away for a mid first round pick to get him)
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Mar 17, 2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      My Raptors Big Board:

1.Kyrie Irving no brainer
      2. Harrisson Barnes (I doubt he will stay here)
      3. Jared Sullinger (Best player available)
      4. Henson (arguably the best wing defender in college)
      5. Kanter (best player available)
      +1, i was high on Pjones and Dwilliams for awhile but I boughtSLAM MAGAZINE this week for my flight to mexico and there is a great article on sulllinger. H has hit my top 3 now and i think he will turn out to be a really solid player.
      my top 5:
      1-irving
      2-barnes
      3- sullinger
      4-dwilliams
      5- pjones

Comment

• Yahoo have Canadian, Tristan Thompson ranked 9th on their 'prospects to watch'.

9. Tristan Thompson, PF, Texas, freshman, 6-8, 225 pounds – Scout’s take: “He’s a highly touted freshman from Canada who has put forth a solid season. He can improve his stock with good performances in the tourney. … He’s almost like a throwback big man. He sticks to the paint and doesn’t float to the perimeter to try to shoot jump shots. He knows his bread and butter is in the paint. … His range is limited. But he’s young and can develop into a pretty good player. He’s going to get bigger and stronger. … He’s definitely a power forward.” NBA comparison: A smaller Tyson Chandler.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          +1, i was high on Pjones and Dwilliams for awhile but I boughtSLAM MAGAZINE this week for my flight to mexico and there is a great article on sulllinger. H has hit my top 3 now and i think he will turn out to be a really solid player.
          my top 5:
          1-irving
          2-barnes
          3- sullinger
          4-dwilliams
          5- pjones
          good list

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            good list
            +1

On second thought... I think Sullinger would go before HB 9 times out of 10... Maybe BC thinks he already has AB and ED (however, Barnes had all the pre-season HYPE)

But yeah it's a nice list...

PS. What if Washington ends up with the first pick LOL? They ain't taking Kyrie, coz they already got Wall... Who do they take? If I was them I would draft Kyrie and squeeze Cleveland for Varejao and one of their lottery picks.

I guess we can get excited about DeRozan, Davis, Johnson, and Johnson LOL.

I sound jaded, but I like the direction this team is going in.
            Last edited by madeupid25; Fri Mar 18, 2011, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
              Grindhouse,

For all the bonuses that T. Jones possesses, what about Chris Singleton? A much better defender with a stronger body. Has also developed some shooting range, at just under 40% from three this year.

I've actually wanted the Raps to draft him, but he's far too low for them to think about. What about trading down. If he continues to improve from beyond the arc, combined with his mad defense and rebounding ability, he'd almost be too perfect of a fit.

If Irving is off the board, and if the Raps could get something decent in return for trading down, for example, a center or perhaps an extra pick for next year, I think I'd consider it.
              explosiveness, quickest and motor separates the 2 players his passing is also not great. Take a look at this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNA9W...eature=related
              Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Mar 18, 2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Irving is suiting up for March Madness. This can only be good news: he's pretty much already a lock for number 1. Only thing playing can do is cause him to drop a spot or two, which would help. 'Course that also might imply he's not as good as we all thought he was. In any case. Duke at 3 today. Booyah.

Also, Kemba Walker had another outstanding game yesterday. After dominating in the previous tournament, he came out with a mission to get everyone else on UCONN involved and warm before he looked for his own shot. Exceptional. The defense collapsed around him and he always found the open man. I think he had 7 assists and 1 point or something like that in the first 5-10 minutes. Not cause he was missing, but cause he just wasn't shooting. Yet. Final: 18pts/12assts/8rebs/2stl...and he didn't play basically the last quarter of the game cause they were up 75-35. Given how much of a scorer he can be, the fact that he deferred shows what a smart player he is. As if he was saying, "it's not just the Kemba show. UCONN is here as a team and we're looking to win." Awesome.

Comment

• Watching this Texas/Oakland game right now and really loving these two Canadian boys. Both, especially Thompson, have futures in the NBA.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                    Looks like Irving is suiting up for March Madness. This can only be good news: he's pretty much already a lock for number 1. Only thing playing can do is cause him to drop a spot or two, which would help. 'Course that also might imply he's not as good as we all thought he was. In any case. Duke at 3 today. Booyah.

Also, Kemba Walker had another outstanding game yesterday. After dominating in the previous tournament, he came out with a mission to get everyone else on UCONN involved and warm before he looked for his own shot. Exceptional. The defense collapsed around him and he always found the open man. I think he had 7 assists and 1 point or something like that in the first 5-10 minutes. Not cause he was missing, but cause he just wasn't shooting. Yet. Final: 18pts/12assts/8rebs/2stl...and he didn't play basically the last quarter of the game cause they were up 75-35. Given how much of a scorer he can be, the fact that he deferred shows what a smart player he is. As if he was saying, "it's not just the Kemba show. UCONN is here as a team and we're looking to win." Awesome.
                    Not sure that would happen under Jay Triano though.

Comment

• Stephen Brotherston:
                      Kevin,

I really like to see the young guys play in the NCAA tourney before committing - BUT - I am intrigued by the potential of Kemba Walker at PG for this young team.

Depending on where they draft - a top 3 pick has to be the best player available regardless of position - but not a raw prospect - Raps can't afford a Darko.

If Raps are loking at 5 or 6:

I've seen a bit of Derrick Williams PF - looked good
                      The writeups for Enes Kanter PF/C say you got to look at this kid.
                      And then there's Kemba Walker PG - if he has a big tournament - could be the guy.
                      Source: "NBA Chat With Stephen Brotherston", HoopsWorld.com

Comment

• Code:
                        ## Player Name            FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF  TP  A TO BLK S MIN
                        32 FREDETTE, Jimmer.... g 10-25   2-9   10-12   0  4  4   2  32  7  4  0  0  40
                        JIMMER TIME!

Comment

• Alright, Jimmer really impressed me last night, and the more I think about it the more he reminds me of Steph Curry who I'm sure most of us would take in a heartbeat. Am I saying I'd take him over Irving or Barnes? No. But he's definitely jumped up my big board for sure.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• And yeah, Kemba keeps continuing to really impress too. I was high on him before but his creativity last night took him up a notch.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Irving = Zeke 2.0?

Duke was 22-4 without Irving, who said he learned a lot about the game while watching from the bench. Krzyzewski originally said Duke was playing as though Irving would not return this season, but Irving recovered more quickly than expected.

Even those who didn’t watch Irving’s shooting exhibition during Duke’s open practice Thursday realized the significance of his return.

“Kyrie is one of those guys I just think is phenomenal,” said North Carolina coach Roy Williams.

“I think he’s the closest thing to Isiah Thomas
                              Source: CharlotteObserver.com

Comment

• Well hopefully people will start talking about Thompson a bit more now. I've been talking about this kid since he was Findlay Prep. He'll have a SOLID career.

Comment

Working...
                                X