No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did UNC PR department take the questions prior to the interview, give him the answers, and have him read off teleprompter Obama-style? I don't think so. Barnes will be no consolation prize in this draft.

Barnes handled the criticism with remarkable maturity.

"It doesn't bother me at all because up until this part of my career, I've never had any adversity in basketball," Barnes said in an interview with The Associated Press. "My career has just been straight up. I always played, I always got better. ... So it's just been a good test for me to grow as a basketball player and grow as a person. And I feel like had I not had this adversity, I probably wouldn't become later the player I will."

"There's obviously a lot of basketball left in my career regardless of this year," he said. "Regardless of how this season happens, the world is not going to end. The sun will come out and life will go on. So it's one of those things you just have to look at and not just ask 'Woe is me' or wish this wasn't happening, but to understand why it's happening, to learn from it and get better as a player."

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...#ixzz1H5hvzZDG
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Great video in the link as well.

Something that constantly needs to be mentioned when evaluating Barnes' potential at the NBA level are the intangibles he brings. Despite being just 18 years old, Barnes already plays with a tremendous amount of savvy, something that leaves great optimism regarding his future. He's a team player who displays an ideal temperament out on the floor, never getting too high or low in any given moment, and always playing with great self-confidence.

Anyone that has been around him states emphatically that his character is of the highest standard, and whoever drafts him can be fairly certain that he will represent them extremely well on and off the court. Despite the shortcomings mentioned, there is very little doubt that he will continue to work diligently on improving the weaker points of his game once he reaches the NBA. Considering his age, it's not a stretch to say that he still has plenty of room to grow as a player.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...#ixzz1H5mqWsoe
    His play on the defensive end has been nothing short of stellar, though.

Barnes possesses ideal physical tools on this end of the floor, with his excellent size, frame and wingspan. He plays with great intensity but is also very fundamentally sound, getting low in his stance and moving his feet extremely well, usually leaving himself just enough cushion to contest his opponent's shot while still being ready to slide in any direction. Although he doesn't collect a great deal of blocks, steals, or rebounds, he's an extremely effective defender who likely be capable of guarding either wing position at the NBA level, which gives the team that picks him nice versatility to work with.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...#ixzz1H5n5cbI6
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Mar 20, 2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Fredette going to work. 4-8 FG, 4-7 FT, 3 assists (again could of had at least 3 more), 1 rebound and 1 TO. Fredette is again showing great court vision and deadly range.

(Game is at Half right now 45-38 BYU)

Comment

• Fredette 11-23 FG, 7-13 3PT, 5-5 FT, 6 Assists, 2 REB, 1 ST and 3 TOs.

I was also really impressed with Emery. 89-67 BYU F

BTW If other players on this team show up like today BYU is going to win the championship. I'm calling that right now.
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Pullen went to work on WISC. 38 points, 13-22 FG, 6-8 3PT, 6-8 FT, 2 REB (1 OFF), 2 assists and 3 TO. He got blocked on the biggest play of the game though. :/

Comment

• perry jones hands down

Comment

• KI for sure. If we can get him

Comment

• does anyone think kemba walker plays bigger than he is? kinda the way iverson did. I was thinking he was too small to be a elite guard at the next level but I don't know now.

Comment

• He's got a huge heart, that's for sure. I wouldn't be upset if we didn't get Irving or Barnes but ended up with a guy like Kemba.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• With the win of the Wizards on Friday we are getting the No.5 draft position. I'm about 99% positive that Cleveland drafts Irving if they get the chance so the only way we him is if the ball bounces our way. After Irving there seem to be a lot of quality SF(/PF?) in this draft

Jared Sullinger (Ohio St.) - Watched part of the recent Ohio St. game and his rebounding was good but he didn't really standout. I'm hoping to watch more games.

Perry Jones (Baylor) on my draft watch list

Harrison Barnes (UNC) Watching the UNC VS. Wash right now (but i watching it on my ipod touch at work and the wifi is kinda sketchy)

Derrick Williams (Ariz.) also on my draft watch list.

I think if I had to pick today I'd probably rank them in this order

Jones
                    Barnes
                    Sullinger
                    Williams
                    Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun Mar 20, 2011, 02:22 PM.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• If that Raps have a chance to scoop UCLA's Fat Boy Josh Smith I think he would develop into a Big Baby type player. I liked what he offered in the game yesterday. I would defiantly drop Soloman Alabi for a shot at adding Josh Smith to the roster.

Comment

• Barnes is 4-7 from 3 point and 9-17 overall for 22pts 0 rebounds though which is worrisome. Overall though I've been VERY impressed with his game.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          Barnes is 4-7 from 3 point and 9-17 overall for 22pts 0 rebounds though which is worrisome. Overall though I've been VERY impressed with his game.
                          He had 16 boards in UNC's first NCAA game.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• And not to mention his defense. The rest of the team is just awful but he's pretty incredible. The amount of damage he did offensively is even more impressive when you consider how little the team looked for him.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• b2kelly wrote: View Post
                              If that Raps have a chance to scoop UCLA's Fat Boy Josh Smith I think he would develop into a Big Baby type player. I liked what he offered in the game yesterday. I would defiantly drop Soloman Alabi for a shot at adding Josh Smith to the roster.
                              Are you talking about using our top 5 pick on this guy, or making a trade to get another draft pick? Because there is NOBODY who thinks Josh Smith is a top ten guy. I haven't seen a top 20 or top 30 mock draft with him on it.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                He had 16 boards in UNC's first NCAA game.
                                Wasn't aware of that, TY. He snagged 2 rebs by the end of the game. I'd love to watch the rest of UNC's games to see if he continues to impress.

Comment

Working...
                                X