• Show
Clear All

• Wtf
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      My Raptors Big Board:

1.Kyrie Irving no brainer
      2. Harrisson Barnes (I doubt he will stay here)
      3. Jared Sullinger (Best player available)
      4. Henson (arguably the best wing defender in college)
      5. Kanter (best player available)
      Updating my list thanks March Madness

1.Irving
      2.Barnes
      3. Dwilliams (I was afraid he'd not declare and that's what it looks like
      -----------
      (Top 3 have distinguished themselves from the rest)
      4.Kenneth Faried (right now I think he's outplaying Henson as the best wing defender)
      5. Sullinger (best talent available but I will probably change this by the end of the week.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Williams is not entering the draft. Please see the article I referenced on the last page.

Comment

• Farried reminds me a lot of Renaldo Balkman. There's no way I take an undersized 4 with a lotto selection. No way.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Williams is not entering the draft. Please see the article I referenced on the last page.
            This could end up being a very thin draft if more players decide to head back to college for one more year. Williams, Thompson, Hamilton...who else will be going back to school.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Farried reminds me a lot of Renaldo Balkman. There's no way I take an undersized 4 with a lotto selection. No way.
              Someone has to draft Ben Wallace which I could see him being

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                Someone has to draft Ben Wallace which I could see him being
                The Wallace comparison is a bit too lofty. Farried loses a couple of inches and at least 20 pounds to Wallace. If the kid is undersized as a 4, why stick him as a 5?

Comment

• Barnes and Irving are the only ones that are looking good this draft, and not to forget Kemba
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

The Wallace comparison is a bit too lofty. Farried loses a couple of inches and at least 20 pounds to Wallace. If the kid is undersized as a 4, why stick him as a 5?
                    Though I don't necessarily agree with the Wallace comparison, Wallace is only 6'9" 240; Faried is 6'8" 225. I can almost promise that Wallace weighed about the same coming out of college. 15lbs would be nothing for him to pack on.
                    Faried might actually get the 'experience' in the heads-up as well. Wallace only ever played for a Div II school in college, and still only put up 13.4/10. Farieds numbers far exceed what Wallace was able to do at the collegiate level, and for a much more competitive program.

With all that being said; Faried is going to turn out to be Reggie Evans.
                    UNLESS he can start to improve on ALL aspects of his game, ala Kevin Love.
                    His hustle and knack for Rebounds will help get contracts, but unless he proves he can do more than just rebound, he won't be much more than Reggie Evans. Right now, scouts see him as nothing more than a rebounder.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Faried is 6'8 and wallace is 6'9 not much of a difference there but you are right I am reaching some, it was the beat comparison I could think after watching him shut down the paint against louiville

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Though I don't necessarily agree with the Wallace comparison, Wallace is only 6'9" 240; Faried is 6'8" 225. I can almost promise that Wallace weighed about the same coming out of college. 15lbs would be nothing for him to pack on.
                        Faried might actually get the 'experience' in the heads-up as well. Wallace only ever played for a Div II school in college, and still only put up 13.4/10. Farieds numbers far exceed what Wallace was able to do at the collegiate level, and for a much more competitive program.

With all that being said; Faried is going to turn out to be Reggie Evans.
                        UNLESS he can start to improve on ALL aspects of his game, ala Kevin Love.
                        His hustle and knack for Rebounds will help get contracts, but unless he proves he can do more than just rebound, he won't be much more than Reggie Evans. Right now, scouts see him as nothing more than a rebounder.
                        Brotherman, check out Wallace when he came out of Virginia Union. He was jacked even back then. Even when he came into the NBA with the Wiz, he was a pretty big boy in terms of his body. He was a man.

The Reggie Evans comparison is a pretty fair one. I could see it, but the example I like more is Jerome Williams. Energetic, high motor, good rebounder, decent defender. I'm not gonna write the kid off at all because he seems to be sponge when it comes to intake of information on how to improve his game, and because we haven't seen him in workouts against other draft hopefuls. The workouts can make or break you.

Comment

• NBA.com PG Rankings

1 Kyrie Irving
                          2 Kemba Walker
                          3 Brandon Knight
                          4 Nolan Smith
                          5 Jimmer Fredette
                          6 Josh Selby
                          7 Ivan Shumpert
                          8 Demetri McCamey
                          9 Norris Cole
                          10 Jacob Pullen
                          Source: "David Aldridge's Big Board", NBA.com

Comment

• At this point, I almost have to put Kemba above Kyrie.
                            Kemba has been playing OUT OF HIS MIND, and his perimeter defense is, in my opinion, far superior to Irving.
                            But I think Irving needs a few more games to show off.

Comment

• Barnes Opting To Pass On The Draft?

One player who may decide to stay in school is North Carolina's Harrison Barnes. Despite Barnes' terrific play of late, one source close to Barnes told me he'd really like to win an NCAA championship for the Tar Heels. "He's the sort of guy who cares about more than just going to the NBA," the source said. "He wants to leave his mark." ESPN.com
                              Source: HoopsHype.com

Teams, probably picking no later than 5th for example, need to starting leaking info about how he's not sliding past them...

Comment

• Anthony Macri's Take On How The Lockout Affects The Draft Class Of '11

damon in accokeek md:
                                Would the potentional for a work stoppage in the NBA cause players like Harrison Barnes to stay in college?
                                Anthony Macri:
                                It is possible, though it is also interesting... here is the thing. The rookie wage scale won't change (I don't think) that much. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. So if that is the case, the only thing holding them back is the fact that NBA paychecks won't be released while they are in a lockout. However, once they declare and sign with an agent, they can get endorsement deals, and you can't tell me an agent won't be able to arrange a Line of Credit to a player who is selected in the top 15 or 20 overall. For some guys, this may not be a smart option. however, with a lot of guys looking to potentially stay in school, in an already weak draft, this might be a great time to jump into the fray and move up the ladder for some guys. They might be able to get more money by jumping in now. Just a thought.
                                Source: HoopsHype.com

Comment

Working...
                                X