2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    No I have not watched Fredette play and neither has any other one of his many critics that clash with your view. We're just bunch pin head jerks looking to stir the pot. That's the only logical conclusion.
    Ha must be.

I weigh in on the side of don't want Fredette. Very interesting commentary on him on NBA hangtime a couple of days ago and they were very doubtful of his defensive capabilities, however mentioned he would do well off the bench in the right system. I personally think he would do well in Boston's system with the strong defensive mindset of the team to hide his faults but take advantage of his strengths. He would be terrible in Raptorland as it stands now and for the foreseeable future. RF4L you could be right for your love-in for him IF he lands in the right system, Toronto is not it.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Ha must be.

I weigh in on the side of don't want Fredette. Very interesting commentary on him on NBA hangtime a couple of days ago and they were very doubtful of his defensive capabilities, however mentioned he would do well off the bench in the right system. I personally think he would do well in Boston's system with the strong defensive mindset of the team to hide his faults but take advantage of his strengths. He would be terrible in Raptorland as it stands now and for the foreseeable future. RF4L you could be right for your love-in for him IF he lands in the right system, Toronto is not it.
      So you wouldn't take Steve Nash ether?

BTW Vast majority of the starting PG in the league (even majority of the top 10 PGs) can't play D consistently.
      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
        Ha must be.

Yeah, and the thing is you don't take a guy 5th overall to come off the bench.

Comment

Yeah, and the thing is you don't take a guy 5th overall to come off the bench.
          Fredette is a starting caliber PG, he's not going to be coming off the bench unless he fall to a playoff team set at PG.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            O that makes more sense. /s

Stromile Swift

Dennis Hopson

Physical talent != automatic star.
            That makes sense... Because I said physical talent = automatic star?... Anywhere?

Comment

That makes sense... Because I said physical talent = automatic star?... Anywhere?
              The article you posted was acting like because he's not physically gifted so he's not going to be that good in the NBA. It also made it seem like if they aren't physically gifted they shouldn't be picked in the top 10.

BTW Them saying that is going to be "spot up shooter" in the NBA made me lol.

Sweet 16 TIME!
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Mar 24, 2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                So you wouldn't take Steve Nash ether?

BTW Vast majority of the starting PG in the league (even majority of the top 10 PGs) can't play D consistently.
                Steve Nash plays defense (not great but at least tries), bends his knees, etc etc. But at the end of the day, Steve Nash is a proven vet. I would definitely take him 5yrs ago. Fredette, not an established vet, not convinced he will be, and is not, in my opinion, worth considering as a top 5 pick. Is he a first rounder I would say yes. Not top 5.

Comment

• Who has said he was a top 5 pick?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Well there goes his stock value...

Man Tyus completely destroyed BYU inside. 8-9 FG 17/3REB

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Who has said he was a top 5 pick?
                      The people who suggested the Raptors should draft him.

Comment

• Is Kemba the future of the Raps?

Most mock drafts have Kemba going early teens. People complain about his size and passing. But he is a fast scoring machine. Is that what the Raps need. Throw him behind Calderon for two years. Learn him the passing and ball control.

Bottom line is we have our bigs and SG set. We could use a sf but let's see what happens with Money and JJ for another year. If not we can grab a sf next year.

Kyrie will most likely be gone by our pick. Let's make Kemba a rap and bring what could be one of the most exciting back courts in the league between him and DD!

Ps: trade bargnani, sign Marc Gasol and resign Reggie.... Lol

Comment

• Please, can we get Derrick Williams with our #1 draft pick

Yeah, I think we are seeing the starting SF for the Toronto Raptors this year in Derrick Williams . Legit 6'8 and 241 lbs, can put the ball on the floor, can score the 3, high FG% shots, shoots the 3 well, rebounds the ball, high basketball IQ and defensive fundamentals (Hope, he continues to fall under the radar to Harrison Barnes and Perry Jones ) - imo, you don't find this kind of SF anymore as Derrick Williams is built (the last comparison in terms of weight and height is LBJ and Melo). Imagine a Melo that can rebound and actually shoots high percentage shots or an LBJ that can actually shoot the 3, I'm all in for this Derrick Williams guy . For more information, here is his draftexpress.com (He is #6 now on draftexpress, lower than where the Raptors pick ) profile -

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Williams-5811/

What do you guys think?
                          I am tired of complaining our draft picks have to bulk up to really get good (DD last summer and Ed Davis this summer) .

Comment

• I'd pick him over Irving because he's a utter beast. Dood have like 5 game winning blocks this season (exaggerating but he did have at least 2 (1 in the playoffs)). There is 1 report that Apollo posted in the draft thread that said he's not going to enter though.

Comment

• He's a PF and not declaring unless they magically win it all
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                He's a PF and not declaring unless they magically win it all
                                That's not official, there is no buzz about it either. Honestly if he actually said he wasn't going to enter it'd be all over the internet.

BTW He can play SF or PF. He isn't just a PF.

Comment

Working...
                                X