Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Ray Allen - Official 6'5"

I think there's more than an Inch between them, Mango.

Unless Ray Allen lied to the NBA and told them he was 4 inches taller then he actually is.
    Which apparently is a BIG problem in the game these days.
    Maybe there was a pothole in the floor like the old Boston Gardens? lol

Comment

• Mango,

From Ed Davis' Wikipedia Page:
      He was widely projected to be a potential top 5 pick if he had opted to enter the draft.
      Geezus.

Going to find another point to jump on and argue, or are we done for the day?

PS. Next time you do all the research and evidence posting.
      Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        You're a joker. Seriously. Look at the article again.

Joey, when the Raptors selected him at #13, was that outside of the lotto? As far as I know, the lotto is anywhere from 1-14, unless they changed the rules and lotto is now considered 1-5. That article doesn't tell me that he was supposed to be a top-5 selection. It just tells me that he was a sure-fire lotto pick - Which he became anyways the next season.
        I'll just point out that in the past I've seen Ed Davis at times ranked in the top five of mock drafts. I'm not talking final mock drafts just before draft day. Mock drafts aren't Gods word or anything though... They get it wrong a lot, just like any other person trying to predict the future.

Comment

• How about we get back on THIS year's draft class?

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
            How about we get back on THIS year's draft class?
            I know. Sorry guys. I merely mentioned Ed Davis as an example of what can go wrong if someone stays an extra year in College. Then Mango jumped all over it. But it's done. I've proven my point.

Comment

• Player comparisons are a big part of prospect talk. In my personal opinion no one has anything to be sorry about when looking into history to further present conversations.

Comment

• My only point is to look at current draft class, which at this time does not include Sullinger (and certainly not Davis but yes I understand why the conversation went on), is the subject at hand here.
                I think we have beaten many of this year's draft prospects to death in heartened anticipation of the draft declaration, the lottery results, and of course the draft, and all of us are a little punch weary leading to off hand topics.
                I put in the comment simply because I thought it was in danger of spiralling into another no holds barred don't see the other side of the debate that is the Bargnani thread. I like this one and the discussions in it (including the Sullinger/Davis debate...at first) and don't want to see another thread go toxic after 30-40 posts (and multiple pages) on one player who isn't even in this draft.
                Last edited by Maleko; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                  My only point is to look at current draft class, which at this time does not include Sullinger (and certainly not Davis but yes I understand why the conversation went on), is the subject at hand here.
                  I think we have beaten many of this year's draft prospects to death in heartened anticipation of the draft declaration, the lottery results, and of course the draft, and all of us are a little punch weary leading to off hand topics.
                  I put in the comment simply because I thought it was in danger of spiralling into another no holds barred don't see the other side of the debate that is the Bargnani thread. I like this one and the discussions in it (including the Sullinger/Davis debate...at first) and don't want to see another thread go toxic.
                  And I should say I agree with many things both Joey and Mango post on here and have no qualms at their debates as they both argue from an informed position.

Comment

• According to Chad Ford's twitter (twitter.com/chadfordinsider), Perry Jones has just announced that he will be returning to Baylor rather then entering the draft.

I am not a big fan of Perry and actually like this choice for him. He could use another year to develop further his talents further and prove that he can be a more consistent threat.

His talent is impressive and he could end up being a great player, but another year of college will be good for him.

Side notes: Jones will need to sit the first 5 game so of next season, and it will be very interesting to see how he and Quincy Miller will mesh next year
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                      According to Chad Ford's twitter (twitter.com/chadfordinsider), Perry Jones has just announced that he will be returning to Baylor rather then entering the draft.

I am not a big fan of Perry and actually like this choice for him. He could use another year to develop further his talents further and prove that he can be a more consistent threat.

His talent is impressive and he could end up being a great player, but another year of college will be good for him.

Side notes: Jones will need to sit the first 5 game so of next season, and it will be very interesting to see how he and Quincy Miller will mesh next year
                      Interesting note. Probably would be good for him to play another year at least. If he is so awesome to be there should be some strong improvement and justify his heralded draft status.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        This guy is a beast, lets draft him, plays with alot of hustle, like Pops Mensah Bonsu, but talented.

6'9, 243 lbs, 10 blocks vs Team USA yesterday!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...e.hoop.summit/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Biyombo-5902/
                        He caught my eye a while back:
                        Prime wrote: View Post
                        We should trade down and draft Bismack Biyombo. This guy's already got a very polished inside game and he's a pretty good defensive prescence. At 6"9 he'll probably end up as an undersized C but I see him as a Horford type who can make up for the difference in bulk. Best of all, he's only 18.

Comment

• This draft for anyone who doesn't want/get Irving just got even more shitty
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mango,

From Ed Davis' Wikipedia Page:

Geezus.

Going to find another point to jump on and argue, or are we done for the day?

PS. Next time you do all the research and evidence posting.
                            I remember the names being bandied about in the 2009 draft - Griffin, Thabeet, Harden, Curry, Evans, Rubio, DeRozan, even Jennings (although his stock was slipping). Not once did I hear anything about Davis. Nor did I see any mocks in regards to 2009 with his name in it. The 2010 draft, yes, but not the 2009 draft. However, since you quoted Wikipedia, a site that you could add your own entries in and have it made fact, then I guess you win. Because we all know that all the evidence and fact you ever need stems from Wikipedia.

Comment

I know. Sorry guys. I merely mentioned Ed Davis as an example of what can go wrong if someone stays an extra year in College. Then Mango jumped all over it. But it's done. I've proven my point.
                              Brother, that 2009 draft had talent in it. I'm not arguing that Davis wouldn't have been a lotto selection in the 2009 draft. I firmly believe he would have been a lotto pick (maybe 10th-11th), but no way he'd be top-5. Which brings me back to my original point in all of this - which is, he was still a lotto selection!. The way you're making it seem is that the whole situation by him staying in school was catastrophic. It's not like he fell out of the lottery and into a spot in the 20's.

Comment

• Hurray! Now that we are solidified the 3rd pick (possibly 1st)...

Hurray! Now that we are solidified the 3rd pick (possibly 1st)...

What should we do with that pick??? Trade up? Who do we draft??
                                I'm willing to take my chances on Walker or Kyrie!
                                If we do draft a point guard, what happens to Bayless (trade asset?)

Who else is excited for next season?!

Comment

Working...
                                X