No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only PG worth drafting over Bayless is Irving. BPA unless it's a PF.

Comment

• c.e. wrote: View Post
      Hurray! Now that we are solidified the 3rd pick (possibly 1st)...

What should we do with that pick??? Trade up? Who do we draft??
      I'm willing to take my chances on Walker or Kyrie!
      If we do draft a point guard, what happens to Bayless (trade asset?)

Who else is excited for next season?!
      Bayless trade asset? get outta here man! Bayless has been the MVP for this team if you think we should trade him you have lost your mind.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post

Only PG worth drafting over Bayless is Irving. BPA unless it's a PF.
        Totally agree. If we get 1st, draft irving, if we stay at third grab Kanter cause we need a center.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          Totally agree. If we get 1st, draft irving, if we stay at third grab Kanter cause we need a center.
          Let's just see how he (kanter) performs in workouts first. We not only need a centre, we need everything. Not one player on this team is an all-star or franchise player. Wherever the Raptors select, it's all about drafting the best player available, regardless of position.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Let's just see how he (kanter) performs in workouts first. We not only need a centre, we need everything. Not one player on this team is an all-star or franchise player. Wherever the Raptors select, it's all about drafting the best player available, regardless of position.
            I wouldn't agree with drafting a PF. Enough of a flat draft that taking another position will be fine.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't agree with drafting a PF. Enough of a flat draft that taking another position will be fine.
              Well, the guys who are scheduled to be top-10 who are PF's can also play the 5 (Valanciunas, Kanter, Biyombo). There's only one exception and that's Derrick Williams, however, he's not even sure he's entering the draft, and whichever team drafts him, will put him at the 3.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                If we get first we should get Derrick Williams not Irving. PG isn't that big of a need, we have Jose and Bayless.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  If we get first we should get Derrick Williams not Irving. PG isn't that big of a need, we have Jose and Bayless.
                  I would be fine with DWilliams as we would play him at the SF.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                    I would be fine with DWilliams as we would play him at the SF.
                    Easy to say, but how do we know he can handle the position in the NBA. I like the kid, he has shown some nice skills, but I see an Antawn Jamison type player. I could be wrong, but if he is our starting small forward we are in for another tough season as he will take time to learn to guard the perimeter on a full time basis.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• In what has surely been the most shocking of underclassmen to not declare: Perry Jones III.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...-school-041111

I would have bet big, big money he would not return. I'm stunned.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Easy to say, but how do we know he can handle the position in the NBA. I like the kid, he has shown some nice skills, but I see an Antawn Jamison type player. I could be wrong, but if he is our starting small forward we are in for another tough season as he will take time to learn to guard the perimeter on a full time basis.
                        No doubt. I just don't want to be picking a PF simply due to being the best player available, and judging by the draft class left it shouldn't be an issue. RF4L was pointing out we should take DWilliams, who is LISTED as a PF, but virtually every team would play him at the 3. My point really is drafting BPA into the position the team is arguably deepest at, only prolongs the 'rebuild' unless you trade away.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          In what has surely been the most shocking of underclassmen to not declare: Perry Jones III.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...-school-041111

I would have bet big, big money he would not return. I'm stunned.
                          Yah that surprised me too. I think it is probably a good decision for him though, as my belief is he would have slipped even further on draft day. Had he played in the tourney, and kept his name in good lights, he would have come out for sure...uh...I think.

Comment

• At least Kemba Walker is declaring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

KEMBA!

ADD Although they mention comments he made after the tournament about wanting to go back, I think those feelings are long dead.

Comment

• Alot of people have actually been saying D.williams is the best pick this year because he is NBA ready at thoi point. they are saying D.williams will be the rookie of the year because he is way ahead of other rookies at this point physically and he knows how to use his skills to his advantage.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                At least Kemba Walker is declaring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

KEMBA!

ADD Although they mention comments he made after the tournament about wanting to go back, I think those feelings are long dead.
                                The Raptors are set to have the third most lottery balls. The chance of them drafting out side the top four is very slim. I think that's a little too high for Kemba. He's probably going to go at the back end of the top ten based on some mock drafts I've been recently looking at.

My worry now is that Cleveland goes first, takes Irving and then the Raptors go second and are stuck with two guys on the board like Derrick Williams and Jared Sullinger. Both are excellent prospects but they don't need another PF. Both guys are probably top three talents in this draft if they come out... But they don't need another PF. What to do? Take Derrick Williams and figure it out later I guess...

If they did draft Sullinger, maybe he could be paired with Davis effectively in the paint... Hard to say. Sullinger is a huge guy even if he's not tall for a big man.

If they draft either then it's bye, bye Bargnani.

Comment

Working...
                                X