No announcement yet.

Question about Sonny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i REALLY wanted sonny to be successful here.. at the beginning of the season, he was probably my favourite player on the roster.. great personality.. very physically gifted.. has all the tools to be significant contributor, even if its just off the bench

but it became obvious when he hurt his back that he's got the t-mac disease... that became painfully obvious when he said he never paid attention to core strength. like, REALLY!?!?

i sit at a desk for 8-9 hrs a day.. in a cushy chair.. and often convince myself that a baconator for lunch won't be bad for my health.. and i know the importance of core strength... he's an athlete and didn't.

meh.. whatever... im gonna go get a baconator.

Comment

There is really only one word to describe Weems as an NBA player, and that's average. Like all average players, he's got skills and with the right coach could turn into a pretty good player.

There are three problems though with Weems as a Raptor: Derozan, Barbosa and James Johnson/future draft pick. Derozan because he plays such a similar game; Barbosa because he's better than Weems; and JJ/pick because Weems shouldn't be playing the 3 spot to begin with. If the Raps didn't have Barbosa, and Weems focused as much on defense as Derozan has on his mid-range, then I'd have no problems with Weems as the backup 2 guard. As is he doesn't bring a different enough look off the bench to justify him playing over Barbosa.

His one dimension - scoring - is one of the easiest to replace in the NBA. Which is why, if it came down to Wright or Weems, I'd take Wright 100% of the time. All that he needs is a jumpshot, and that's one of the easiest things to develop.

I do like Weems though, and if he's not back with the Raps next year, I wish him well on whatever team he ends up on.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
        There is really only one word to describe Weems as an NBA player, and that's average. Like all average players, he's got skills and with the right coach could turn into a pretty good player.

There are three problems though with Weems as a Raptor: Derozan, Barbosa and James Johnson/future draft pick. Derozan because he plays such a similar game; Barbosa because he's better than Weems; and JJ/pick because Weems shouldn't be playing the 3 spot to begin with. If the Raps didn't have Barbosa, and Weems focused as much on defense as Derozan has on his mid-range, then I'd have no problems with Weems as the backup 2 guard. As is he doesn't bring a different enough look off the bench to justify him playing over Barbosa.

His one dimension - scoring - is one of the easiest to replace in the NBA. Which is why, if it came down to Wright or Weems, I'd take Wright 100% of the time. All that he needs is a jumpshot, and that's one of the easiest things to develop.

I do like Weems though, and if he's not back with the Raps next year, I wish him well on whatever team he ends up on.
        Nice post. I particularly agree with the bold.

Comment

Dump weems and bring in MO PETE!

Comment

I'd like to see him back if it's a relatively cheap contract. ESPECIALLY if/when we get a new coach who knows what he's doing. On one hand, yes, he does take questionable shots and his D could use work, but on the other hand the way JT uses him sometimes is mind boggling. And there's a couple starters who's D id complain about before sonny's.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Sonny is money tonight. RaptorsFan4Life is probably hugging his tv screen right now, no offence.

Comment

Working...
              X