Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alabi send down to D-League... again... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabi send down to D-League... again... again.

Alabi has been sent down to the Dleague for the 3rd time according to Eric Smith.

Eric__Smith Eric Smith
    Alabi heading back down to the D-League for another stint with Erie
    4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    http://twitter.com/?status=I%2520bea...02158430404608

They should just void his NBA contract and make him stay there, like come on quit playing with the dudes emotions and tell him hes not good enough for the NBA already.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      They should just void his NBA contract and make him stay there, like come on quit playing with the dudes emotions and tell him hes not good enough for the NBA already.
      ya its kinda stupid to keep him on the roster if he doesn't get to play. Just send him to the D league for good

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
        ya its kinda stupid to keep him on the roster if he doesn't get to play. Just send him to the D league for good
        They've commented on it before. JT and BC like to bring him back periodically to make sure he doesn't forget the system and to keep an eye on him etc. And really NBADL usually only play a couple games a week.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

With the upcoming negotiations for a new CBA, I would love to see the NBA establish a complete farm system league, similar to the NHL-AHL and MLB-AAA. With such small team rosters and even less players actually seeing significant playing time, there are many talented players being shipped overseas. It would give more prospects legit opportunity to chase their dreams, by creating a league that is less about showing off individual skills and more about playing within systems that mirror their NBA parent teams. They could locate the teams in markets that are close to the NBA parent teams, which would only help grow the league's and the parent teams' popularity, as well as acting as a study to find out what other markets could potentialy suceed with an NBA franchise of their own - ie: I would put the Raptors' farm team in Montreal - it's a quick flight if they need a player up on the Raptors and would be great to guage the likliness of future expansion/relocation to Montreal (see other thread on RR main page to debate merits of Montreal). A farm system would make for more meaningful basketball than the D-league currently is and would therefore be more useful to the league, individual teams and the players, by developing more NBA-ready players.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            With the upcoming negotiations for a new CBA, I would love to see the NBA establish a complete farm system league, similar to the NHL-AHL and MLB-AAA. With such small team rosters and even less players actually seeing significant playing time, there are many talented players being shipped overseas. It would give more prospects legit opportunity to chase their dreams, by creating a league that is less about showing off individual skills and more about playing within systems that mirror their NBA parent teams. They could locate the teams in markets that are close to the NBA parent teams, which would only help grow the league's and the parent teams' popularity, as well as acting as a study to find out what other markets could potentialy suceed with an NBA franchise of their own - ie: I would put the Raptors' farm team in Montreal - it's a quick flight if they need a player up on the Raptors and would be great to guage the likliness of future expansion/relocation to Montreal (see other thread on RR main page to debate merits of Montreal). A farm system would make for more meaningful basketball than the D-league currently is and would therefore be more useful to the league, individual teams and the players, by developing more NBA-ready players.
            Is this a subject that has ever come up in NBA circles? It seems like a no brainer.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
              Is this a subject that has ever come up in NBA circles? It seems like a no brainer.
              I've only ever heard it mentioned by a handful of tv announcers and a few guys on ESPN, but nothing ever formal or official from the NBA head office. I'm with you that it seems like a no-brainer... but having a brain is not something that commissioner Stern has ever been accused of! lol

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Alabi has been sent down to the Dleague for the 3rd time according to Eric Smith.

http://twitter.com/?status=I%2520bea...02158430404608
                They're only allowed to send him down three times so if he gets called up again he's with the big club the rest of the way.

I think what they've been doing is sending him there to get in game experience, then calling him up to assess his progress and offer additional instruction. At that point they send him down again for more playing time. They look to be trying to develop the guy. He's not ready for the NBA yet so it could be detrimental to his confidence to force it on him. He's a second rounder. He's a project. Projects take time, they're projects.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Baby steps my friend. That's the whole idea of the D-League (D stands for Development). A few NBA teams have their own D-League team that they don't share with any other team in which the coaches implement the same or similar systems as their parent team. I'm sure this is what they're aiming for for all NBA teams and the fact that we can send a player like Alabi down to get minutes is a HUGE step up from where the NBA was 10 years ago.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Can you all welcome back Reggie Evans!
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

This is another case of bad moves by BC that shows he has no direction and has no sense of what he wants and ... Before the Darft, he was talking about picking this kid by buying a late first round pick and was super high on him.

Then he goes and buys him from Dallas and makes it sound like it was a steal of a deal and ...

Now, he is playing the looser Acinja over this kid in a lost season !! What the Heck !!! They should just trade him to Nuggets and give the kid an opportunity to play and get some support.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        This is another case of bad moves by BC that shows he has no direction and has no sense of what he wants and ... Before the Darft, he was talking about picking this kid by buying a late first round pick and was super high on him.

Then he goes and buys him from Dallas and makes it sound like it was a steal of a deal and ...

Now, he is playing the looser Acinja over this kid in a lost season !! What the Heck !!! They should just trade him to Nuggets and give the kid an opportunity to play and get some support.
                        I don't think anyone thought he was going to make an immediate impact. Second round picks (and a late one at that) are typically projects. I'm not saying he's going to work out but it's too early to give up on him already. They brought in Ajinca so they can take a look at him. If it doesn't work out...meh.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

They should sit Anjica and play Alabi.
                          We are in a tank mode anyway...

Comment

Second that. Not cool!

Comment

I think next season Alabi will be our official back up center. He still has an incredible amount of potential as a defensive center, more than Ajinca because he has a naturally bigger frame. I actually really like Ajinca too and I wish we could try to develop both and pick whichever one turns out better, but I don't think it's in the cards.
                              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X