Are these Raptors for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these Raptors for real?

TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have won six of their last seven games, but it is hard to know if that’s a reflection of improved play or of the team’s cushy schedule.

Has the Raptors’ defence improved, or did playing offensively inept teams like New Jersey and Detroit make them look better? Is guard Sonny Weems deserving of extra minutes, or has weak competition made him look more effective than he actually is?
    Canada.com

Personally, I am of the belief that .500 is par for the course based on the typical pre-season expectation. They started the season with a difficult schedule and ended the year with a weak schedule. It all balances out. Are they for real? Well if "for real" means a .500 club then I say yes.

Yeah they are a .500 6 or 7th seed who will get destroyed in the Playoffs by either Orlando,Boston or Atl. Sorry the truth hurts.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

When you've been let down as many times as Raptors fans have the truth doesn't do anything, let alone hurt... Aren't we all desensitized by now? I know I am. From childhood to adulthood many, many, many people in Raptorsland have let me down many times. I refuse to buy jerseys anymore because as Jon Bon Jovi once said "its all the same, only the names will change".

Comment

Sure it's real.

The Raps are good at home and can beat up on under .500 clubs most nights!

What we want to see is some more wins against better teams. But I'll still take a +.500 record and playoffs and not worry about it.
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

You know what, it's kinda sad that a lot of Raps fans (myself included) have become content with .500 ball and mediocrity. I mean since when has finishing a couple games above .500 and a first round exit meant success? It's like because the fact that the Raps haven't had much playoff success in 15 years and our highest win total is what 47 wins, that if we even approach that we get excited.

Haha oh well I know ill still be super amped when the Dinos make the playoffs this season!

Let's Go Raptors!

Comment

Any fan based who, more years than not, has been stuck watching other teams in the playoffs instead of their own would be thrilled to have a chance to cheer for their team when they made it to the post season. Its all about perspective. No point in expecting to be able climb Mount Everest if you've never seen a mountain before.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Any fan based who, more years than not, has been stuck watching other teams in the playoffs instead of their own would be thrilled to have a chance to cheer for their team when they made it to the post season. Its all about perspective. No point in expecting to be able climb Mount Everest if you've never seen a mountain before.
              Very true.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Thats a sad but true statement i guess we should all be happy with mediocracy . Ill be happy when they get there i guess .
                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                X