Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks trying to move Redd

Chuck (Milwaukee)

What about Michael Redd? Are we going to move him?
    Chad Ford
    (1:41 PM)

Trying. It's not easy. Still not clear whether he has enough left to help a contender.
    ESPN.com

Michael Redd
    2010/11: $17,040,000
    2011/12: $18,300,000
    HoopsHype.com

Redd's good days a long behind him. He's a bench player now. A very high priced bench player.

Comment

I think they should try to work out something with the Rockets for T-Mac.

Comment

No surprise there. The Bucks seem to play better without Redd in the lineup. Didn't they start 8-3 without him to begin the season? IMO Redd still has some ball in him, but he needs to be the 2nd or 3rd option on a team.

It'll be hard to move him though, considering he makes something like $17/18 for the next two seasons and he has been hurt a lot for the past couple seasons. The Bucks will be better off though if they move him. Jennings mins and play have declined since Redd came back. Better for the Bucks to develop their young talent.

Comment

Some might attribute the fast 8-3 start to a very weak schedule. Things have changed since then.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Some might attribute the fast 8-3 start to a very weak schedule. Things have changed since then.
            For sure the fact that their schedule was pretty weak and they had a lot of home games to start off the season contributed big time to their good start. They have gone 6-15 since then and I think it shows better what level the Bucks are at. I mean they are not a very talented team. But still, I don't think it can be denied that the Bucks seem to play better without Redd in the lineup, for whatever reason.

Comment

Just found this article:

Milwaukee Bucks star Michael Redd(notes) wants to start fresh somewhere else, according to HoopsWorld. He's only played 15 games this season and 33 last year due to injuries so he's don't blame him if he's a little out of step with his teammates.
              While it seems that Redd should just be happy to be playing, the guy is now saying that he wants to play with a team that's going to go all the way. "My thing is, I want to win," he told HoopsWorld. "I want to win regardless of anything else. I want to win, to play on a contender." Join the club, Michael.
              It seems that the desire to part ways is mutual.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,211859

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                For sure the fact that their schedule was pretty weak and they had a lot of home games to start off the season contributed big time to their good start. They have gone 6-15 since then and I think it shows better what level the Bucks are at. I mean they are not a very talented team. But still, I don't think it can be denied that the Bucks seem to play better without Redd in the lineup, for whatever reason.
                And it doesn't help when you're trading Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems for Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic.

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                Just found this article:

It seems that the desire to part ways is mutual.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,211859
                I think we can safely say that Toronto won't be his next destination.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  And it doesn't help when you're trading Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems for Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic.
                  Man I love that trade!!!!

(To the Bucks)

Best move by BC during the offseason imo. (actually best move after bringing in JJ)

Comment

Suck it up Redd, the team sucked when you signed the contract so play it out. BE A MAN!

Comment

Welcome Mack,

I hate to correct you right out of the gate but this is the NBA we're talking about. You know, the league where if you cry like a spoiled child and throw a tantrum you get your own way?

Comment

Working...
                      X