Which Bigs to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e2thed wrote: View Post
    Dude wouldn't that help both teams out and we can sell them while they are kinda high, defensive minded SF veteran Pietrus , and young ,versatile C Lopez for jump shooting Bargs and Amir tha hustla. Seems like a win win situation if you ask me.
    Amir is better than both Lopez and Pietrus. And you should be able to get those two JUST for Bargnani.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      I think they should keep Andrea Bargnani, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Reggie Evans and Joey Dorsey, then there's some good options on the market this summer like Sam Dalembert and Tyson Chandler. And why not give a try at Yao and Greg Oden? Also there is good power forwards like Zach Randolph and Kris Humphries who is now a lot better than when he was with the Raps (he averages a double-double)! I still think the best and the more realistic option would be Samuel Dalembert.
      Unless you're intending on fielding a team of big men, where exactly are al those minutes going to come from? Between the two big men positions, you've got 96 mpg. RIght now, Bargnani, Amir and Davis play a total of 86 mpg. And Davis will be playing more next season. Unless you're cutting Bargnani's minutes down drastically (which I'm certainly not against), then all that's left is garbage minutes for the rest of the players.

The problem with the Raptors now is they've got too many big men who deserve minutes and not enough minutes to go around. Adding another big man to the mix will not help.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Unless you're intending on fielding a team of big men, where exactly are al those minutes going to come from? Between the two big men positions, you've got 96 mpg. RIght now, Bargnani, Amir and Davis play a total of 86 mpg. And Davis will be playing more next season. Unless you're cutting Bargnani's minutes down drastically (which I'm certainly not against), then all that's left is garbage minutes for the rest of the players.

The problem with the Raptors now is they've got too many big men who deserve minutes and not enough minutes to go around. Adding another big man to the mix will not help.
        Of the bigs, Andrea represents the one that will yield the most returns. I'm all for inside toughness and defense. I also think that as the year progresses (and in a guard-oriented league), the Raps will have to choose between Demar or Bargs as the primary option on offense. It is not apparent now but by next year, it will become very obvious. If the flavour of this team were to change, the toughness and defense that both Amir and Ed offers will be very difficult to let go. I wouldn't be at all be disappointed if Ed's offensive game does not explode. It isn't his game anyway. Once he bulks up and learns the game more, he will be a force at the 4 position. I'm perfectly content with Amir backing him up as well. These two players will give the team continuity throughout the game at the 4 position. Letting go of Bargs still makes the most sense to me as he has 5 years of work to show for (both Amir and Ed will simply be lowballed when it comes to trade discussions).
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          Of the bigs, Andrea represents the one that will yield the most returns. I'm all for inside toughness and defense. I also think that as the year progresses (and in a guard-oriented league), the Raps will have to choose between Demar or Bargs as the primary option on offense. It is not apparent now but by next year, it will become very obvious. If the flavour of this team were to change, the toughness and defense that both Amir and Ed offers will be very difficult to let go. I wouldn't be at all be disappointed if Ed's offensive game does not explode. It isn't his game anyway. Once he bulks up and learns the game more, he will be a force at the 4 position. I'm perfectly content with Amir backing him up as well. These two players will give the team continuity throughout the game at the 4 position. Letting go of Bargs still makes the most sense to me as he has 5 years of work to show for (both Amir and Ed will simply be lowballed when it comes to trade discussions).
          DId you reply to the wrong comment? I don't disagree with anything you said, I'm just not sure how it relates to my comment.
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

As a Raptor fan, or any team fan really, the tendency is to over value or under value. Many fans who love a player will over value him (Sonny Weems pops to mind). Fans who hate a player will think they are worthless (Bargnani, Calderon come to mind). I'd love to know what Bargnani's value is. A team with a dominant big man would surely find worth in him - this is only my opinion. I think Bargnani has more value than many around here believe. It might not be on par with Carmelo (haha, how is that working out Dolan?) but if he could yield assets that help the team get better, I'm all for it. Denver is a perfect example.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                As a Raptor fan, or any team fan really, the tendency is to over value or under value. Many fans who love a player will over value him (Sonny Weems pops to mind). Fans who hate a player will think they are worthless (Bargnani, Calderon come to mind). I'd love to know what Bargnani's value is. A team with a dominant big man would surely find worth in him - this is only my opinion. I think Bargnani has more value than many around here believe. It might not be on par with Carmelo (haha, how is that working out Dolan?) but if he could yield assets that help the team get better, I'm all for it. Denver is a perfect example.
                How do you explain the fact that I keep saying that Bargnani has a lot of trade value, then?
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  How do you explain the fact that I keep saying that Bargnani has a lot of trade value, then?
                  I'm not sure how to answer that, Tim. I guess you would be the exception to the rule where you want him gone but think he has value? Personally I think it would be easier for a team to trade for him and have success versus the Raptors find players to successfully place around him at this stage of the rebuild.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                    Dude wouldn't that help both teams out and we can sell them while they are kinda high, defensive minded SF veteran Pietrus , and young ,versatile C Lopez for jump shooting Bargs and Amir tha hustla. Seems like a win win situation if you ask me.
                    I wouldn't give shit for Robin Lopez, i hate how he plays i'd much rather have bargnani. Amir is out of the question i would never trade a guy who has been so efficient for our team in terms of scoring and rebounding. I think your out of your damn mind. Plus Bargnani can still learn to play defence if someone will just tell him to. I dont think the coaching staff is doing anything about his bad defence or rebounding. Pietrus is just plain garbage and we already have JJ the beast at SF why would we want another sonny weems?

Comment

• Bringing back a dead thread!

Of all the players listed at the start of this post only 2 remain! Amir and King Bargs!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        Bringing back a dead thread!

Of all the players listed at the start of this post only 2 remain! Amir and King Bargs!
                        lol. I miss Reggie Evans...
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Wow... what a flashback.

Not only cool to see the bigs that remain but the posters too!

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            lol. I miss Reggie Evans...
                            But we still have Reggie's mini-me, or Evans-lite, in Acy!

Comment

• The ghosts of Raptor bigs lives on....

"The Nets view Humphries, averaging 6.0 points and 6.4 rebounds a game, as expendable because he and Reggie Evans are similar-styled players."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...al-sources-say

Comment

Working...
                              X