Which Bigs to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Keeping Bargnani, Amir and Davis as your three main frontcourt players is going to get you more of the same that we've seen all year. Davis and Amir trying to cover up for the fact that Bargnani can't defend or rebound, and more losing. I want to win, so I'd keep the players who can defend and do the little things. It would be nice to be able to replace Bargnani with a center who can score, rebound AND defend, but at this point, I'd take a rebounder and defender and hope that Davis develops offensively and leave most of the scoring up to the wings.
    There aren't many centers who can do that. Actually the only players I can think of are Bynum, Howard and Kaman, and Howard's offense isn't very good (although his hook has been improving)

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Biedrins actually isn't a good defender. He grabs rebounds and blocks some shots, but he's not a good defender, especially on the ball. I used to like Biedrins, but I think he's played on a bad team with absolutely no focus on defense for too long. I fear he's gone the way of Corey Maggette.
      Yikes.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        There aren't many centers who can do that. Actually the only players I can think of are Bynum, Howard and Kaman, and Howard's offense isn't very good (although his hook has been improving)
        Okafor?

Comment

I am more than fine with a strong C who plays defense and rebounds and his scoring is fine at 8-12pts a game. I think I said somewhere else I like the scoring wings and controlling moderate scoring floor general PG with paint clogging punch you in the mouth defense at the 4 and 5 (a la ED and Perkins/Howard style) that can play at put backs with their rebounding (when the wings do jump shots) and play efficiently at the basket for their points.

Comment

Sorry dude, Biedrins for Bargs makes now sense. Bargs is in a much higher category, and Biedrins IS NOT a good defender. You are off the mark there. That would be the steal of the century for the OTHER TEAM if we did this trade.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              I'd put Bogut and Horford in there. They don't average as much, but both are good post scorers. I would have put Brook Lopez in there, but his rebounding has gotten just plain bad, but at least he's a pretty good defender. Marc Gasol and Hibbert are two guys who are good all around centers that still demand double teams when they get the ball. Greg Monroe and DeMarcus Cousins are two young centers that have a chance to be very good scorers, rebounders and defenders.

I'm not saying it's easy to find one and in fact said I'd take a center that can just defend and rebound (and who's not a liability on offense), but the fact is that the Raptors are lacking a lot of pieces.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Sorry dude, Biedrins for Bargs makes now sense. Bargs is in a much higher category, and Biedrins IS NOT a good defender. You are off the mark there. That would be the steal of the century for the OTHER TEAM if we did this trade.
                Then make it Bargs, Bayless for Biedrins, Curry and their #1 draft pick.

Comment

If you were running the Warriors would you pull the trigger on that one?

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Then make it Bargs, Bayless for Biedrins, Curry and their #1 draft pick.
                    Why not throw in Ellis as well, we can send them Demar.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Not particularly but I don't like Bargnani, and I do like Curry. There has been talk on Hoopshype over the last couple of months about Smart and Curry being at odds. As of today they are trying to put a spin on it, but they don't get along. They also have really fallen out of favour with Biedrins so Curry would be the dice for taking him off their hands.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Why not throw in Ellis as well, we can send them Demar.
                        Salaries wouldn't match. :-)

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Of course I also wouldn't have signed/traded for David Lee either, and very likely wouldn't have drafted Udoh, so I can't say the team would be anything like they are if I was running them.

Comment

Not particularly but I don't like Bargnani, and I do like Curry. There has been talk on Hoopshype over the last couple of months about Smart and Curry being at odds. As of today they are trying to put a spin on it, but they don't get along. They also have really fallen out of favour with Biedrins so Curry would be the dice for taking him off their hands.
                            Hahah, you're awesome man.

how bout this, I don't like Demar or Amir ...so lets put them together, and trade for Kobe. We can throw in Dorsey and Reg on a sign and trade.

I like Kobe, so this deal must work.

Comment

Of course I also wouldn't have signed/traded for David Lee either, and very likely wouldn't have drafted Udoh, so I can't say the team would be anything like they are if I was running them.
                              Completely agree. But I also would have traded Monta Ellis.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Why would you do that deal if you're the Warriors? I'm curious because if I'm the Warrior GM I can't seem to fathom how I can sell the idea of giving up the best player in the trade, along with a 1st rounder and a solid center for a flawed big man who can't play defense and a prospect who may go either way. The Warrior are one of the most horrible defensive teams in the league and instead of dealing with that they trade their franchise player for one of the worst defensive centers in the league?... Along with a lotto pick in a big man heavy draft?

Comment

Working...
                                X