• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm so pumped for the playoffs!!!

That was a great moment. Dragic didn't even have time to flinch
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      The guy just keeps getting better and better. When people think he can't get any better .....he moves to another level.

This is why I never understood why some people wanted us to let him walk. This is also why those same people aren't around anymore. lol

Its impossible to hate on Demar now.... You'd just be embarrassing yourself.
      I'm still around! I've never been more happy to be wrong about something either.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I enjoy seeing Dragic get popped in the face. I could watch it all day. I don't like the guy and I have absolutely no valid reason for the way I feel
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Lol, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Hate Dragic.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            "Those people" haven't been around all season, so no need to keep talking about them. And people are entitled to hold any opinion they please. It's a sports forum after all. It would be a shitty one if we keep having to worry about stating our opinions for some sort of irrational fear that we could be proven wrong.
            Not saying you should have an irrational fear of being proven wrong, but I think there has to be at least some level of accountability for what you say on a discussion forum - eg if I defended, and apologized for, say, Bargnani (which I did), why shouldn't I be called out for that?

Bottomline, the idea that we could be wrong should be in the back of our minds, it helps us temper our opinions and claims.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I enjoy seeing Dragic get popped in the face. I could watch it all day. I don't like the guy and I have absolutely no valid reason for the way I feel
              Haha, this is almost word for word what I was going to type.

Why is that? Dragic is tough, talented, and plays with a lot of heart. But it is so much fun seeing him get popped in the face, I dunno. He's got a bit of an Ulf Samuelsson vibe.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Lol, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Hate Dragic.
                Tragic Dragic.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So... should we expect to see Demar shooting 3's like Curry next season? =D

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                    So... should we expect to see Demar shooting 3's like Curry next season? =D
                    I'd actually rather see more of this:

Comment

• I think Demar should at least be ranked ahead of Wall and Hayward on the MVP ladder. Hard to put ahead of the others in front of him though.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I actually thought the leap he made last year was far more impressive. His consistency at high volume this year is great, but is less of a hug leap than last year's conversion to actual decent efficiency on high usage. By many measures DeMar is putting up an almost identical year this year - but with a higher usage, which is very impressive and is reflected in an increase in his PER, but even his PER increased more last year (17.4 to 21.5) than this year (21.5 to 24).

Still, DeMar continues to defy all logic with how he improves over time, and probably deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award in the category, so I'd certainly have no issue with him being in the MIP discussion.
                        When you are playing at a very high level, any incremental improvement is harder, that is what I find the most amazing. Going from 90% effective to 95% effective is much easier than going from 95% effective to 97% effective, It's a logarithmic thing.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          When you are playing at a very high level, any incremental improvement is harder, that is what I find the most amazing. Going from 90% effective to 95% effective is much easier than going from 95% effective to 97% effective, It's a logarithmic thing.
                          Yeah, and by most measures he's either tapered off or gotten worse from last year. Only his volume scoring got better, specifically the volume part. And like I said, that's impressive, but this year is not an incremental improvement from last year except in his usage.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, and by most measures he's either tapered off or gotten worse from last year. Only his volume scoring got better, specifically the volume part. And like I said, that's impressive, but this year is not an incremental improvement from last year except in his usage.
                            I won't argue with you over the numbers Dan. That would be stupid. But this year it seems, especially lately, that we are seeing a different player. Seems like a steep ramp up in assists, and DD actively looking to pass it. Can't blame him for a huge drop off in Carroll's shooting % or the same from Patterson. I will take this Demarr over last years.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              I won't argue with you over the numbers Dan. That would be stupid. But this year it seems, especially lately, that we are seeing a different player. Seems like a steep ramp up in assists, and DD actively looking to pass it. Can't blame him for a huge drop off in Carroll's shooting % or the same from Patterson. I will take this Demarr over last years.
                              Yeah I'd argue to end the year he's continued to produce under much different circumstances with Lowry out, which is sort of the point re: his evolution. Facing double and triple teams constantly, he still put up 30+ point games and led the team to a far better win % than any of us hoped for post-ASG. We actually got a glimpse of what might happen when an ageing Lowry starts to decline, which many of us were assuming was going to force Ujiri to hit the reset button. I don't think we saw anything like this from him last year, though he may have been capable of it but the circumstances didn't demand it yet.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                I'd actually rather see more of this:

I wouldn't mind Demar becoming a lockdown defender either He has to be a top 5-10 player if that actually happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X