Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    Not sure if this is what you mean but his 16 to 3point range is down from 36% to 35% and his shots 0-3 feet are up from 15% to over 19%.

I'd be curious to have a breakdown of the last month where he's been playing a lot better.

His March stats were his best on every level including FG%, taking 3s (he made more 3s in March than he had in the rest of the year combined), FT rate, rebounding, assists.

Is it statistical noise or arbritary end points rather than genuine improvement?

Thats up for you guys to decide though I think we could better tell if his long two numbers went down or even his mid range did and his paint attempts went up
    For whatever reason I can't access stats.nba.com anymore at work.

lol

But if you go to the shooting section, they break down the attempts.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

lol

Wait a second, you work? I've always pictured you like professor Xavier, strapped into a wheelchair and always on cerebro looking for NBA/Raptors news

Comment

• % of FGA by Distance FG% by Distance
        Season FG% Dist. ▾ 2P 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 <3 3P 2P 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 <3 3P
        2013-14 .429 14.2 .851 .153 .154 .182 .362 .149 .451 .712 .392 .395 .395 .305
        2014-15 .402 12.8 .917 .191 .148 .225 .353 .083 .413 .636 .383 .359 .340 .278
        Career .440 12.5 .907 .235 .151 .179 .343 .093 .458 .635 .425 .403 .380 .269
        Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
        Generated 4/2/2015.

But they don't have Basketball-Reference.com blocked!
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Apr 2, 2015, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• So he is taking more 2s.

More at the rim.
          A little less 3-10.
          More 10-16.
          6% less 3s.

But he is only down 0.9% on total attempts from the dreaded 16-3pt.

Seems like about the same amount of success as Bargnani. After the 2 rebounds per quarter, he upped his rebounds from 5.2 to 5.5.

Comment

So he is taking more 2s.

More at the rim.
            A little less 3-10.
            More 10-16.
            6% less 3s.

Seems like about the same amount of success as Bargnani. After the 2 rebounds per quarter, he upped his rebounds from 5.2 to 5.5.
            Add this to the list of evidence that a coaching change is a must.

Problem is identified; solution is suggested; advice is ignored; accountability is absent; problem persists unchanged. Pretty goddam crystal clear, says this internet office chair coach.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• mchappy wrote: View Post

% of fga by distance fg% by distance
              season fg% dist.*▾ 2p 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 <3 3p 2p 0-3 3-10 10-16 16 <3 3p
              2013-14 .429 14.2 .851 .153 .154 .182 .362 .149 .451 .712 .392 .395 .395 .305
              2014-15 .402 12.8 .917 .191 .148 .225 .353 .083 .413 .636 .383 .359 .340 .278
              career .440 12.5 .907 .235 .151 .179 .343 .093 .458 .635 .425 .403 .380 .269
              provided by basketball-reference.com: view original table
              generated 4/2/2015.

but they don't have basketball-reference.com blocked!
              do your work!!!
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

So he is taking more 2s.

More at the rim.
                A little less 3-10.
                More 10-16.
                6% less 3s.

Only question I have tbh is how that breaks down by month. I still believe DeMar was not 100% athletically in the month following the injury.

Does NBA.com allow a breakdown on a monthly basis (I don't think BR does)

Comment

• The only reason why DD is more efficient is cause his finally getting his legs back. It was a pretty tough injury he went through. I personally feel he came back too soon. DD's numbers should start looking like last years now but, with less points cause he has more offensive help this year and his assists, rebounds going up. Sorry to disappoint some here but the numbers DD put are here to stay(expect maybe 3 point percentage).
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    The only reason why DD is more efficient is cause his finally getting his legs back. It was a pretty tough injury he went through. I personally feel he came back too soon. DD's numbers should start looking like last years now but, with less points cause he has more offensive help this year and his assists, rebounds going up. Sorry to disappoint some here but the numbers DD put are here to stay(expect maybe 3 point percentage).
                    That logic doesn't really make sense, when you consider that one of DeRozan's worst stretches of games (efficiency-wise) was to start the season, prior to the injury. His numbers were down across the board. It's almost as if he's come back from injury with a realization that he can contribute to team success by doing more than just forcing his own offensive game - increased scoring efficiency, less shots, more assists, more rebounds.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      That logic doesn't really make sense, when you consider that one of DeRozan's worst stretches of games (efficiency-wise) was to start the season, prior to the injury. His numbers were down across the board. It's almost as if he's come back from injury with a realization that he can contribute to team success by doing more than just forcing his own offensive game - increased scoring efficiency, less shots, more assists, more rebounds.
                      He played 16 games. Remember the last time Raptors overreacted over 16 games? He simply started the year out slow and got hurt.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He played 16 games. Remember the last time Raptors overreacted over 16 games? He simply started the year out slow and got hurt.
                        Technically it was 17 games wasn't it?

Comment

The only reason why DD is more efficient is cause his finally getting his legs back. It was a pretty tough injury he went through. I personally feel he came back too soon. DD's numbers should start looking like last years now but, with less points cause he has more offensive help this year and his assists, rebounds going up. Sorry to disappoint some here but the numbers DD put are here to stay(expect maybe 3 point percentage).
                          Hey man, I'll be the first one to say he has been playing well, and if he can keep it up, and Lowry regains full health, we might make some noise in the playoffs. But then I remember Casey is our head coach. I crey everytim.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Hey man, I'll be the first one to say he has been playing well, and if he can keep it up, and Lowry regains full health, we might make some noise in the playoffs. But then I remember Casey is our head coach. I crey everytim.
                            Casey was coaching last year and they both put up career numbers
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              This is why I want a breakdown of his shots monthly.

Yes he had a fairly low shooting percentage in October- November but in that period he averaged nearly 8FTA per game vs 6.3 in January-February, March its 8.1 per game.

The result is his true shooting percentage is significantly different. I think the beginning o the year DeMar was not shooting well but was playing well, January-February he didn't have his explosion for the most part.

His overall game has looked much better in March than almost any time in his career. The guy is playmaking, rebounding and playing defense quite well.

Comment

lol

Your bosses knew what you were up to and blocked it from your comp hahaha
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X