No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or has DeMar been incredibly automatic from the free throw line as of late?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Is it just me or has DeMar been incredibly automatic from the free throw line as of late?
      Yeah, they were talkking about that during last nights game. He's been shooting like 90% from the line

Comment

• That's impressive. He looks really comfortable at the line and his shot looks really smooth. He's clearly been putting in a lot of work.

Comment

• His decision making is really good this year, and him being able to hit midrange jumpers is huge! I love hearing the commentators saying "Keep him out o the aint and he is useless for his team" *DD drains jumper "O.......he hit it"

DeMar's next line of work is working on his defensive abilities he should be a nightmare for opposing 2s and if DeRozan can become a guy that plays both ends well watch out hes going to be so dangerous! He can also get better at moving off the ball.

Comment

• I'd love to see him work on his handles more. Right now he has a hard time breaking down guys in iso situations like how Rudy is able to do. That and also his defense like you mentioned is what I hope he works on this off season.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I'd love to see him work on his handles more. Right now he has a hard time breaking down guys in iso situations like how Rudy is able to do. That and also his defense like you mentioned is what I hope he works on this off season.
              Because of his poor handles, we're forced to witness the pumpfake-pumpfake-pumpfake-kickout-with-5-seconds-on-the-clock far too often, or the dreaded contested-fadeway-20-footer.

DeRozan could be a pretty efficient scorer if he knew what a good shot was.

Comment

• Yeah, I have to agree. He's like Landry Fields when he gets the ball sometimes where he seems to panic and tries to get rid of it as soon as possible. It's one dribble and shoot or one dribble and pass when he gets it in the perimeter. Hopefully he can come back next season with more confidence in his dribble.

I agree, he's been taking way too many shots from just inside the 3 point line. To his credit he was hitting his shots in yesterdays game against NY, but that is not an efficient shot to be taking.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Because of his poor handles, we're forced to witness the pumpfake-pumpfake-pumpfake-kickout-with-5-seconds-on-the-clock far too often, or the dreaded contested-fadeway-20-footer.

DeRozan could be a pretty efficient scorer if he knew what a good shot was.
                  I disagree I think DeMar has a great shot selection. It's just with his current skill set he can't get any better ones than one his creating. Rudy Gay that someone that doesn't know what a good shot is.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I disagree I think DeMar has a great shot selection. It's just with his current skill set he can't get any better ones than one his creating. Rudy Gay that someone that doesn't know what a good shot is.
                    Gay doesn't force shots. He just misses wide open ones, lol.

I find DeMar forces shots a lot (last night aside), and quick shots early in the clock. But then again, the whole team is guilty of this, not just DeMar.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Gay doesn't force shots. He just misses wide open ones, lol.

I find DeMar forces shots a lot (last night aside), and quick shots early in the clock. But then again, the whole team is guilty of this, not just DeMar.
                      DeMar only forces when his against the shot clock I find. I feel like DeMar take good shot. He only really takes jumper is when his open or he has hieght advantage. He know his shoot isn't going to be blocked.

I don't know what it is with Rudy but, he seems to miss the easiest shot at time. When his right at the rim. I hope this changes. He takes a lot of jumpers so he needs does easy ones to fall.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DeMar is still young, but I wonder how much he can really improve his handle at this point.

Instead, I would like to see him develop a real 3 point shot. If Gay is being doubled, Lowry (among the starting 5) is the only guy to hit the three ball, so having DeRozen add range would further provide spacing and additional offensive options.

And, of course, better D is something I want ALL players to improve upon.
                        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          DeMar only forces when his against the shot clock I find. I feel like DeMar take good shot. He only really takes jumper is when his open or he has hieght advantage. He know his shoot isn't going to be blocked.

I don't know what it is with Rudy but, he seems to miss the easiest shot at time. When his right at the rim. I hope this changes. He takes a lot of jumpers so he needs does easy ones to fall.
                          I disagree, Rudy Gay can create shots, and like Nilanka said, he misses the easy ones.

Demar doesn't take great shots, and this happens maybe a 45% of the time. Near half of his shots are long twos when there are open lanes, seams, etc. He needs to realize when to drive, and when to take those shots. He has improved, but needs to get better, but when the shots are going down, and he's getting to the free throw line, you can't complain.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            ...Demar doesn't take great shots, and this happens maybe a 45% of the time. Near half of his shots are long twos when there are open lanes, seams, etc. ....
                            He is better than last year, and last year he was better than the year before (allowing for the fact that he was being regularly doubled). All he has to do is keep getting incrementally better, just as Nash did for his first 10 years, and that will justify the new contract. Add a little something every year. He is showing a pretty balanced set of tools right now. Not everything you would like, but getting there. I have a lot more hope for DD now than I did at the start of the year.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              He is better than last year, and last year he was better than the year before (allowing for the fact that he was being regularly doubled). All he has to do is keep getting incrementally better, just as Nash did for his first 10 years, and that will justify the new contract. Add a little something every year. He is showing a pretty balanced set of tools right now. Not everything you would like, but getting there. I have a lot more hope for DD now than I did at the start of the year.
                              I agree Puffer. Don't get me wrong, I feel Demar still doesn't know how to find his shots, but he's a much better player than he was last year, adding something to every part of his game.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Tighten the handle, Improve footwork, Improve shot

Can't emphasis enough on the first 2.
                                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                                X