Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Just keep in mind that the Raptors' margin for error is a lot smaller than other teams as they don't have a top-5 player and they don't have a third star. Role players are generally going to be inconsistent in the playoffs and the Raps rely on a bunch of those guys to be productive. For me, the playoffs are less about Lowry/Derozan and more about JV, Ross, Patterson, Joseph and Carroll. If those guys make shots and play well then the Raps will cruise. If they don't, then all the pressure will be on Lowry and DD and we'll see games like the Indy series.
    By your same reasoning, then, if the Raps don't have a top 5 player, but do have tremendous talent depth, then shouldn't the system be tweaked to get more production from our role players instead of over-using Lowry & DD, who can't handle the playoff pressure like a Westbrook/Durant can? That would cause problems for opposition game-planning, not knowing which role player is going to step up and be the 3rd guy on any given night and open things up for Lowry/DD.

And I don't think it's a simple "either", "or" situation with Lowry/DD and role players when it comes to specific causes of inconsistency of the role players. When Lowry & DD are forcing their offense in the playoffs, the quality of passes that the role players get in the playoffs are much worse, because their decision making has been much worse. You see more awkward bailouts, out-of-rhythm passing even on wide-open looks, which I doubt you can even capture in stats.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Just keep in mind that the Raptors' margin for error is a lot smaller than other teams as they don't have a top-5 player and they don't have a third star. Role players are generally going to be inconsistent in the playoffs and the Raps rely on a bunch of those guys to be productive. For me, the playoffs are less about Lowry/Derozan and more about JV, Ross, Patterson, Joseph and Carroll. If those guys make shots and play well then the Raps will cruise. If they don't, then all the pressure will be on Lowry and DD and we'll see games like the Indy series.
      Wait. But didn't the role players come to play in the Indy series? JV and CoJo in particular were fantastic, and Powell and Biyombo both did well. It was KL and DD crapping the bed in the early series (DD moreso than KL, but both to some degree) and both series went 7.

Let's not pretend like DD was stuck taking those shots because Indy was loading up on him with multiple players and teammates weren't hitting shots. He was just making bad decisions against good individual defence from George.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• so after tonight's game Demar is averaging 32/6/2/1/0.5 on 48% shooting and getting to the line 10 times making about 8.5ish

If he keeps this up will he will Player of the Month again ?
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            so after tonight's game Demar is averaging 32/6/2/1/0.5 on 48% shooting and getting to the line 10 times making about 8.5ish

If he keeps this up will he will Player of the Month again ?
            As a team we are only 4-3 in January, meanwhile Celtics are 5-1 with IT averaging 31/6/4, so as much as it breaks my heart he is in much better position to win it at the moment. Butler also had 3-1 with nice stats, but since he sat down with illness I don't see him in fight for it right now.

Comment

• Demar be Daddying On Tha Block these days.

Yeah I know that Demar has not bin that hot come p-layoff time, yet It seems Demar "You Know" Derozan Has come out determined to prove to tha Fam that he is a big Time Repper.

His stats this year Have been bug out Crazay With hime dropping 30 points like Its going out of style. I really don't know why demars style of play has not translated to the Playoffs yet the best part of this is that the Team Picks up Kyle and Demar, Just realize how deadly the squad can be if Demar actually shows up for tha Playoff.

Demar is a Shotta Bwoy Who Drives so Efoortlessly to the basket that he strolls the court like a man walking his dog

Example(Demar) Is a Boss dunker when he gets to the basket and its easy peazy for hime after that

example has the midrange Game of tha Kings and hes an elite 20 and in repper who can rep off ball to get his baskets, Demars movement off ball is hard to stay up with leading to dunk opportunites

All in All Demar aka Examaple aka You Know is such a Baller that You Gotta come prepared to run and use lots of energy to stay with him.

Tha Data Stats Crew can provide the Stats that Shows just how Big Demar has been on Offence. D.S.C Squad do your thing Fam

Comment

• He's back!!
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                  Demar be Daddying On Tha Block these days.

Yeah I know that Demar has not bin that hot come p-layoff time, yet It seems Demar "You Know" Derozan Has come out determined to prove to tha Fam that he is a big Time Repper.

His stats this year Have been bug out Crazay With hime dropping 30 points like Its going out of style. I really don't know why demars style of play has not translated to the Playoffs yet the best part of this is that the Team Picks up Kyle and Demar, Just realize how deadly the squad can be if Demar actually shows up for tha Playoff.

Demar is a Shotta Bwoy Who Drives so Efoortlessly to the basket that he strolls the court like a man walking his dog

Example(Demar) Is a Boss dunker when he gets to the basket and its easy peazy for hime after that

example has the midrange Game of tha Kings and hes an elite 20 and in repper who can rep off ball to get his baskets, Demars movement off ball is hard to stay up with leading to dunk opportunites

All in All Demar aka Examaple aka You Know is such a Baller that You Gotta come prepared to run and use lots of energy to stay with him.

Tha Data Stats Crew can provide the Stats that Shows just how Big Demar has been on Offence. D.S.C Squad do your thing Fam
                  Cb4 da reppa! Bigga den bumbaclud tight like blud clot bucka bucka truss me daddie!
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Much Luv Fam .

I see the D.S.C Squad still representing proper on tha Forum. Big Ups Tha Fam On Raptors Republic holding It Down for the Crew. Much Luv Fam

Let me add what I desire to say about Demar.

Demar is Electric Mid Range repper who moves so smooth People stand in awe and watch him just burn them with the tear drop. Big Baller Demar is a Big Time Baller and deserves the Props he getting this season.

Remember Fans to vote for him to start the All Star Game.

Demar "You Know" Derozan Is a Heat Checker that Will Come To Rep(player not) Big in tha Playoffs he got tings t prove Fam Get Ready for a Fun Playoff run Fam

Comment

• Congrats to Demar for winning Eastern Conference Player of the week for the week of January 9th to 15th.

His 3rd time winning it this season.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...player-week-3/

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        Congrats to Demar for winning Eastern Conference Player of the week for the week of January 9th to 15th.

His 3rd time winning it this season.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...player-week-3/
                        The most in Franchise History and Raptors has another 41 games left
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Guys keep voting
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• oh shit cb4champ returns. rocwell, your gif game got a new challenger.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              oh shit cb4champ returns. rocwell, your gif game got a new challenger.
                              Cb4 and his anime dudes(usually playing anime basketball) got their own lane.

Ayo Cb4! Give us that anime eagle going 'CAWW!' For old times sake!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Also want to point out with DeMar that of any player on the team he plays the least against bench units. The most likely time for a team to put a bench unit on the floor is in the first half of the 2nd and 4th quarters and DeMar basically never plays at those times (that's typically when you see Lowry+Bench).

Comment

Working...
                                X