No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why hardworking guys like pops mensah bonsu, Alvin Williams and JYD are so unanimously loved by the Toronto fans yet DeRozan, who is just as hardworking, if not more so, than those guys, can never do right by some people.

I think it's these kinds of people that will never be happy. Demar went from blank canvas to all star and people are still complaining. Not everyone is LeBron.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Just digging up some old McHAPPY posts (most of those are from 3-4 years ago lol). Interesting stuff, seems like your views on DeMar have changed a lot.

Yikes... Ronnie Brewer?

Well no need to be concerned because he is both a solid starting 2-guard (one of the best) and an all-star

Nah he's an all-star man don't worry.

Well I never.... If you liked his game back then how do you not like it now?

Yeah a touch off with this one, Ed definitely didn't turn out better than DD. No worries though, a lot of Raps fans thought he would.

More explosive Rip Hamilton, damn pretty accurate. Contributed to a championship and an all-star, nice. And wow his lack of 3pt shooting could actually be a plus, weird...

Funny, DeMar basically is exactly that right now... So I guess you are (in your own words mcHAPPY) an "unrealistic fool.
      Whoa!

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        I don't understand why hardworking guys like pops mensah bonsu, Alvin Williams and JYD are so unanimously loved by the Toronto fans yet DeRozan, who is just as hardworking, if not more so, than those guys, can never do right by some people.

I think it's these kinds of people that will never be happy. Demar went from blank canvas to all star and people are still complaining. Not everyone is LeBron.
        It has to do with expectations, a lot of people have much higher expectations for Demar then those players you have named
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I don't understand why hardworking guys like pops mensah bonsu, Alvin Williams and JYD are so unanimously loved by the Toronto fans yet DeRozan, who is just as hardworking, if not more so, than those guys, can never do right by some people.
          expectations

Comment

I don't get it either...

Ironic that his biggest critic is McHappy... Really??

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              It has to do with expectations, a lot of people have much higher expectations for Demar then those players you have named
              So I guess the way to fix all Demar debates is temper your expectations, people!
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Isn't being an all-star a high expectation for a player? Was that one of the lofty or maybe unreasonable expectations when he was a rook?

Now that he is an all-star, have his expectations moved to all-star starter? MVP?

He's 24 years old and coming off his best season, and we want so much more.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Sure, but I think you're arguing in almost black-and-white terms when you say Nick Young has more talent than Demar. You make it sound like Young is all-talent/no-effort and Demar is all-effort/no-talent, when the reality is that there is a fluid spectrum. I tend to agree that Demar wasn't naturally blessed with high creativity and IQ, but you muddle your point (and sound pretty biased) when you use Nick Young as a counter.

Nick Young as a 19-year-old at USC performed worse than Demar as a 19-year-old at USC. He was drafted lower. As a nearly 22-year-old draftee, DX had this to say about him:

About a close to 20-year-old Derozan, DX said:

Now, you can argue that that forecast was based mainly on Demar's athleticism, but then you must ask whether talent has anything to do with the ability to utilize athleticism in an effective way. There have been lots and lots of freak athletes who were ineffective; and effort/work wasn't the only reason why. Is the ability to effectively use athleticism not a talent? Is talent purely mental? I don't think you can separate the two with a neat dividing line.
                  Really good post.... You can clearly see why some of these guys have been called haters for over a year. Nick Young?? Lmao

Comment

So I guess the way to fix all Demar debates is temper your expectations, people!
                    I personally didn't have massive expectations for DD, When he initially got drafted I was expecting his prime numbers to be like 18 5 5 and he's exceeded that. The one thing that others and I are still waiting for from him is his defense to improve even more than it has.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      Isn't being an all-star a high expectation for a player? Was that one of the lofty or maybe unreasonable expectations when he was a rook?

Now that he is an all-star, have his expectations moved to all-star starter? MVP?

Well 33% of #9 picks make the all-star team at some point in their careers.

So the logical move would be to trade DeRozan for another #9 pick and hope that one makes the all-star team too

Comment

You're confusing working hard in practice with going all out in gametime. JYD, Pops, Quincy Acy...those guys were animals on the floor. We have no idea what their practice habits were, and we didn't care; that isn't why they caught on.
                        Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Jun 5, 2014, 09:21 PM.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Well 33% of #9 picks make the all-star team at some point in their careers.

So the logical move would be to trade DeRozan for another #9 pick and hope that one makes the all-star team too
                          100% 24 year old all star, or 19-22 year old unproven rookie with 33% chance that he becomes an all star? Roll the dice baby!
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Sure, but I think you're arguing in almost black-and-white terms when you say Nick Young has more talent than Demar. You make it sound like Young is all-talent/no-effort and Demar is all-effort/no-talent, when the reality is that there is a fluid spectrum. I tend to agree that Demar wasn't naturally blessed with high creativity and IQ, but you muddle your point (and sound pretty biased) when you use Nick Young as a counter.

Nick Young as a 19-year-old at USC performed worse than Demar as a 19-year-old at USC. He was drafted lower. As a nearly 22-year-old draftee, DX had this to say about him:

About a close to 20-year-old Derozan, DX said:

Now, you can argue that that forecast was based mainly on Demar's athleticism, but then you must ask whether talent has anything to do with the ability to utilize athleticism in an effective way. There have been lots and lots of freak athletes who were ineffective; and effort/work wasn't the only reason why. Is the ability to effectively use athleticism not a talent? Is talent purely mental? I don't think you can separate the two with a neat dividing line.
                            Retraction on nick young.

You've made some good points.

Hilarious how this started about the spurs.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Isn't being an all-star a high expectation for a player? Was that one of the lofty or maybe unreasonable expectations when he was a rook?

Consistency, defense, and better decisions is what I want.

Consistency: look through his game logs.
                              Defense: watch the games and notice who he guards and his positioning....he did show flashes towards end of season but now were back to consistency again.
                              Better decisions: work with the team, cut out the picking up dribble after dribbling to side and or corner in double, realize 21ft with hand in face and 16 seconds on shot clock is a bad shot.

I would want those things from my all-star.

Comment

Expectations and role. Those guys weren't your first scoring option and playing 38 minutes per game.

What I would suggest you do is look back through the posts/conversations with my quotes that imanshumpert has so kindly put together. To say they are misleading is a bit of an understatement - especially with the commentary attached. Nevermind they are from 2010 and 2011.

I guess I'm "these kinds of people"? I'd like to know who is complaining? I'm certainly not. I've admitted numerous times that I was wrong on certain aspects of DeRozan. Year 3 and most of 4 were really, really bad. I guess considering 3 or 4 years ago most of the DD fanboys here were 13-16 years old, they might not recall. Maybe the disappointment I experienced in DD, especially in year 3, has really clouded my judgement and I've never recovered. I'm willing to admit that, however, defense, consistency, and good decisions are something I don't feel he brings on a nightly basis and are extremely important for TEAM success. Maybe he will continue to be the exception to the rule and get even better in year 6 with 12,750 minutes already under his belt. I sure hope so just like I've always hoped he'd improve.

Opinions can change with new facts and information.... or at least I always thought. Apparently around here once you have an opinion, you're stuck with it. That is a shame but somewhat understandable. Luckily the same does not hold true for accounts. Idiots can join up, get banned, join up, get banned, and join again starting the exact same B.S. that got them previously banned time and time again. Now that really is a shame.
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jun 6, 2014, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X