Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    His efficiency is down, in 5 games, on the strength of one bad game from the field (second game) that was only bad because he missed on his SIX attempted tip ins.

Catch all numbers are pretty meaningless this early in the season, and efficiency is non-predictive with such a small sample.

He's doing pretty much what you should expect given the usage he's received.
    Six tip in attempts and usage are meaningful tho. Iirc all the tips were in the same two or three sequences when he missed 1 or two in a row.
    If he's going to be our big 3 then he needs to hit the breakout # bench marks. They only used him in the first game so far. That's a Big 2.5, not a Big 3. Either they don't take him seriously, he's actually not a star or they don't know how to play with him. I think it's the latter. Setting good screens and rebounding is not a star player, it's a role player imo. Jv has star potential but they're not using him like it for the most part, so far...

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Six tip in attempts and usage are meaningful tho. Iirc all the tips were in the same two or three sequences when he missed 1 or two in a row.
      If he's going to be our big 3 then he needs to hit the breakout # bench marks. They only used him in the first game so far. That's a Big 2.5, not a Big 3. Either they don't take him seriously, he's actually not a star or they don't know how to play with him. I think it's the latter. Setting good screens and rebounding is not a star player, it's a role player imo. Jv has star potential but they're not using him like it for the most part, so far...
      Yes, they aren't using him like a star yet. Give it time. For now, he's providing incredible value even on his new deal.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yes, they aren't using him like a star yet. Give it time. For now, he's providing incredible value even on his new deal.
        I dunno, after how he played in the pacers series and vs det. You'd think theyd try!? There's just so many games that he's been automatic for several possessions in a row and they abandon him the rest of the time. I don't think demar knows how to play with jv. I don't think demar even knows how to throw an entry pass. Kyle knows a bit and he tries but its not his game either.
        The injury is kinda a blessing in disguise. They missed him badly vs sac. They played better without him vs OKC. Sounds bad to say but hopefully he sits one or two more. I'd like to see.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          I dunno, after how he played in the pacers series and vs det. You'd think theyd try!? There's just so many games that he's been automatic for several possessions in a row and they abandon him the rest of the time. I don't think demar knows how to play with jv. I don't think demar even knows how to throw an entry pass. Kyle knows a bit and he tries but its not his game either.
          The injury is kinda a blessing in disguise. They missed him badly vs sac. They played better without him vs OKC. Sounds bad to say but hopefully he sits one or two more. I'd like to see.
          Demar and JV might be the two that play best together. We are not seeing the same thing when we watch. Lethal combination. DeMar could work on passing it more, but JV does such a great job setting screens and subsequently demanding attention that it only needs to be occasional.

JV has shown he can step into a huge role when needed, if needed. Just because he doesn't always doesn't mean there's a lack of capability. Or a need for him to be more involved right now. His level of involvement in plays has been good this year, but with DeRozan scoring like he has been, the on-ball chances haven't been there for JV with the exception of the first game. JV will step up with his own chances when the team needs him to, he's proven that plenty of times.

That said, yeah, I hope they work him into the offence a little more often.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think there's a solid argument to be made that DeMar is one of the greatest improvers the NBA has seen. The highschool era saw guys make huge headways in their game, but rarely was it ever year-over-year nor as methodically as we see with DD. Like, if Vince had had this drive to systematically improve his game - getting to his power/euro step with consistency, shot-faking and getting to the line like a maniac, post-up consistency, he might be up there in the 10 greatest conversation.

Steve Nash also comes to mind.
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Nov 10, 2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• "Demar and JV might be the two that play best together"

Dd is the window. Whose the first guy you see in that frame, Kyle or jv? Kyle imo. Is jv the ideal 3rd guy in that window? Maybe, but I'm not sure until I see him get touches.

"Lethal combination. DeMar could work on passing it more, but JV does such a great job setting screens and subsequently demanding attention that it only needs to be occasional.".

Dd dropped 37pts last night. Lethal. He got screens from a twig that has played 300 career mins, was 5/5 (jv had 2fga his last game). No one is paying attention to jv. They double every time.

"JV has shown he can step into a huge role when needed, if needed. Just because he doesn't always doesn't mean there's a lack of capability."

Agreed he is capable. Big 3 means you have a huge roll every night. He can step up but his roll is limited.

"Or a need for him to be more involved right now. "

Disagree. I think marcin gortat leads the league in screen assists? we need jv to be more than that and he could be.

"His level of involvement in plays has been good this year, but with DeRozan scoring like he has been, the on-ball chances haven't been there for JV with the exception of the first game."

Disagree. Dd uses the pick to take a jumper or a drive. If either is not there he looks for a kick out/swing pass/reset. He rarely feeds the roll man off the bounce. He has shown some ability to hit the cutter and the lob. They rarely want jv on the block to clog the lane. Dd plays 38mins and all there sets are running through him bc hes amazing now. They ran sets for jv vs det but it's clear dd must have the ball. He's not a spot up shooter.
              last night, the ball movement was way up, assists were way up, our shooters gotta open looks that weren't broken/bail out passes and our bigs had inside scoring opportunities that weren't just put backs.

"JV will step up with his own chances when the team needs him to, he's proven that plenty of times.
              That said, yeah, I hope they work him into the offence a little more often."

Contradictory. Does he need to step up or does his roll? I think the later. Does he fit that roll. I'm not sure.

Comment

• Maple Jordan.
                10 is new the 23.
                #DeShoeLogo

#10VP
                #2ISTHENEW3

Comment

• How many points is Demar away to Bosh from taking overall Most Points in Raptors History
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    How many points is Demar away to Bosh from taking overall Most Points in Raptors History
                    Just checked, he's 601 points away from beating Bosh's record

I say he gets that in 19-24 more games
                    Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      Just checked, he's 601 points away from beating Bosh's record

I say he gets that in 19-24 more games
                      Yes. I liked learning this just now.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Does anyone still rather have Batum than DeRozan lmfao
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Demar is unsane
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Wow is this guy good or what!