Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar's Slump

Over the last few games, Demar has seemed to hit another wall in development.

Over the last few game he has not been productive and has shied away from drive and getting to the line. His jumper also seems to be misfiring as well.

I was wondering what people thought about the slump and why they think he entered it, because he was playing with so much confidence two weeks ago in Florida and then it all disappeared in a matter of games.

Comment

• cbowlby wrote:
      Over the last few games, Demar has seemed to hit another wall in development.

Over the last few game he has not been productive and has shied away from drive and getting to the line. His jumper also seems to be misfiring as well.

I was wondering what people thought about the slump and why they think he entered it, because he was playing with so much confidence two weeks ago in Florida and then it all disappeared in a matter of games.
      Because he is 21 and still relatively raw. I started a similar thread a few weeks back and was wondering many of the things you are as well. The jist of my thread is he may not be a borderline all-star or all-star. That is still more than a possibility but given his stretches play at times this year, I would not be in a rush to move him or even entertain the thought unless an amazing deal came along.

Comment

• Honestly he needs to stop running to the corners on plays,even if the coach is telling him to do that....IMO he needs to be a lil more greedy with the ball and if they not running plays for him,he needs to improvise and start taking the ball and doing him..only way it will change consistently for him in the offense...He's too talented to be sitting in the corner on sets....

Comment

• wait a min.

Wasn't it just last week after the ORL and MIA games that we were handing the keys to the city to this kid. Jesus, raps fans, some level-headedness would go a long way.

Comment

• He needs to get consistent and we're going to be having one of these forums pop up every two weeks if people don't realize that DD is trying to put it all together and it won't happen overnight. Bargs was given 5 years because he's a big, DD will likely take three so save the judgments until then.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
              wait a min.

Wasn't it just last week after the ORL and MIA games that we were handing the keys to the city to this kid. Jesus, raps fans, some level-headedness would go a long way.
              Did you notice a difference in those games and the last 2 games ?

Clearly they were running offense for him,letting him have the ball and work...
              I didnt see that yesterday.....I understand this aspect of team ball and share the rock..but at some point triano/bc have to make concerted efforts to put the ball in his hands..he's the guy with the ceiling here not kleiza not barbosa...its nice to play a 5 man game but he's the guy you want to be a future piece you have to give him a chance to develop.....

Comment

• When I first saw the thread title I thought it was on the wrong forum and said

"Dumar's Slump"
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
                  Did you notice a difference in those games and the last 2 games ?

Clearly they were running offense for him,letting him have the ball and work...
                  I didnt see that yesterday.....I understand this aspect of team ball and share the rock..but at some point triano/bc have to make concerted efforts to put the ball in his hands..he's the guy with the ceiling here not kleiza not barbosa...its nice to play a 5 man game but he's the guy you want to be a future piece you have to give him a chance to develop.....
                  Put the ball in his hands? So he can do what? Take guys off the dribble with that impressive handle? Drain than consistent jimmy?

Listen man, I like DeRozan a lot, but you have to have some realistic expectations for the kid at this point in his career. A warning cry after a run of three so-so games by a 20 yr old second year player is exactly the things I can't stand about raptors fans who live and die (mostly die) with every game. DeRozan isn't the player from the last three games, nor is he the baller we saw last week in Florida (yet).

I think the coaching staff is handling him great so far, so lets see how it plays out over the course of the season

Comment

• TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                    Put the ball in his hands? So he can do what? Take guys off the dribble with that impressive handle? Drain than consistent jimmy?

Listen man, I like DeRozan a lot, but you have to have some realistic expectations for the kid at this point in his career. A warning cry after a run of three so-so games by a 20 yr old second year player is exactly the things I can't stand about raptors fans who live and die (mostly die) with every game. DeRozan isn't the player from the last three games, nor is he the baller we saw last week in Florida.
                    So you did not watch the orlando game then,just say so next time....

Comment

• Just a thought,
                      With the Jarret Jack trade that just went down, would anyone consider adding Derozan to that package and NO gives us Marcus Thornton (Who's out of the rotation for coach williams).
                      Here's what it would look like:
                      NO receives: Jarret Jack, Derozan, Marcus banks, Andersen
                      TO receives: Peja, Thornton and Bayless

Would anyone do this deal?

Comment

• People people,

Demar has good games, and bad games. He will have those 25 point nights, and he will have those 2 point nights. Consistency is the most valuable thing for a young player, let him work on it.

He will have many more great games, and many more bad games. Keep your cool, and dont conclude that he is terrible, or his is jesus with a basketball.

Thanks

Comment

• I don't see a slump. His game against Houston was an extremely good sign: he didn't get frustrated that nothing was going for him early, and instead he kept driving and eventually started getting some well-deserved rolls and some calls. If if you look at the just last four (the supposed slump I guess), he's slightly ahead of last year's points pace, and his rebounds and assists are up significantly. And in the Philly and Boston games, he's working better as a facilitator, getting good assists rather than turning the ball over (turnovers down from almost 2 through first 8 games to .5 over the last 4 games) or just passing back to the point when he can't get his shot. I see a guy who's gradually learning what it takes to help his team win. Still needs a lot of work on his long jumper and his defense, but again those aren't slumps, those are areas he hasn't been able to effectively develop yet.

Comment

• I think the title of the thread should be "Should Raptor fans over react when a player has a few bad games?". The answer is no, but they will anyway. Hence why people are talking about the playoffs after a three game winning streak.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              I think the title of the thread should be "Should Raptor fans over react when a player has a few bad games?". The answer is no, but they will anyway. Hence why people are talking about the playoffs after a three game winning streak.
                              Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Man, we're talkin' 50 wins around here!

I see we have another banned member. I wonder how many of these dudes come back as different aliases...?

Buck Foston!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Man, we're talkin' 50 wins around here!

I see we have another banned member. I wonder how many of these dudes come back as different aliases...?

Buck Foston!
                                If he did comeback we would know, I mean, honestly, everyone of his posts was anti bargs.

If you see a "YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING **** EURO *** MAKES ****LOOK LIKE GOOLD"
                                then we are good to go. He took hating to another level. lol

good times reading his dumb comments though

Comment

Working...
                                X