No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you need to cover up weaknesses defensively, we can always turn to the zone.

But seriously, DeMar doesn't rebound because he leaks out and floats on the perimeter. Switching him to the 3 would actually work to his advantage because he would be forced to stay inside a little bit more.

Also, as of right now, he will only see spot minutes at the 3 if coach decides to play Ross or someone else at the 2 together with DeMar. We still have James Johnson, our "defensive stopper" and Kleiza at the 3, our chucker. Both guys are capable of manning the 3 spot for stretches.

We are also anticipating another 3 coming toward us. When everything is settled, I think DeMar or whoever it is with the starting 3 spot will be better than last year's .... Rasual Butler. That, I can guarantee.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I didn't really know where to put this but with Barnes coming in and Jefferson's huge contract what does everyone think about trading for Dorrell Wright? He's a solid "3 and D" guy that would fit Casey's mold and could start.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
        After their failed efforts to land a 3 through trade, I think the drafting of Terrence Ross was with the hope that he would develop into a starting 3. Yes he needs to bulk up to be able to compete with the likes of Lebron, JJ etc., but his good rebounding skills makes him a better candidate for the job. Long term.
        I don't think Colangelo is done. I trade for a SF might be in the works as we speak.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Watch the press conference of the introduction of Quincy Acy and Terrence Ross, and Dwane made a joke, that Demar looks like a power forward now. But this was to state Demar DID bulk up. I think him being stronger, and his very good athleticism should be able to hold good ground.

Offensively, it shouldn't be a problem. The guy averaged 16 points per game this season on a streaky perimeter shot, mid range game, free throws, and layups/dunks. Not a great shot creator, but he was able to be a "diamond in the rough." Not too mention he has his best games against the bigger name teams, i.e. In Miami this past season scoring 25 points on an efficient 50% shooting, 8-16 from the field, 9-11 from the free throw line, and at home scoring 28 points on 9-17 FG% shooting, and 10-10 from the free throw line. Can't really say he CAN'T match up well against bigger players.

Defensively, people continue to put names up of LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, saying, "how he is going to guard those type of guys?" Well, you tell me who CAN guard those guys consistently? Don't say Thabo Sefolosha either, because if he could, the Thunder probably would've lost in more than 5 games... Demar Derozan is a perimeter player, he guards stronger shooting guards like Wade, Bryant, and seems to fair nicely against them.

IMO, he does have his liabilities, but he isn't a player you can take full advantage over, he can give you production, and he can guard players when he really puts his mind to it, we saw it inconsistently (same case with Andrea Bargnani). I'm willing to experiment him at the 3, but Terrence Ross in my mind would seem better as a 3, but either way, both would compliment each other perfectly on the wings together.
          +1

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            I didn't really know where to put this but with Barnes coming in and Jefferson's huge contract what does everyone think about trading for Dorrell Wright? He's a solid "3 and D" guy that would fit Casey's mold and could start.
            He's not a terrible option. I think I prefer Wilson Chandler better because of shot creating abilities. But Wright is a knock-down shooter with length. He's still young and can still improve and he's also a pretty good rebounder.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I think DeMar could play the three. The guys being mentioned (lebron/durant) get shut down by very few defenders. I think he could hold his own as a SF. He does need more strength though. I actually think his offensive game suits the SF position a bit better.

Where he really lacks is rebounding. If DeMar was on another team it wouldn't be an issue, but having a PF that doesn't rebound well, creates problems. The slack has to be taken by the SF in this situation.

Comment

• Go after chandler

Comment

• I would disagree with both of these statements.
                  I think if you go here, you will notice that, yes we all know he isn't much of a 3-Point shooter, but inside 15-feet, he shoots 50%, while shooting 59% at the Rim.
                  Good stats for a Slashing-3.
                  Yes he did shoot 59% on shots at the rim, but so did Kobe Bryant... at age 33. Andre Iguodala and Dwayne Wade shot at around 67-68.5% at the rim last year. So really 59% isn't all that great, especially since can finish all the time during fast breaks and open dunks and layups. It means that he isn't all that good with contested layups.

Comment

• That is why added strength will prove beneficial for DeMar. It would make finishing around the rim easier if he can handle the contact instead of losing his balance because he gets hit.

His offense is more suited for the small forward position. Honestly, it would be a nightmare for opposing 3's to chase DeMar off endless screens. Also, he's good at moving without the ball. Meaning, if we do sign Nash, and DeMar finds the little cracks in the defense, Nash will find him.

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                      But the thing is, is that stronger bigger SF's are going to destroy us. Who's going to defend the Joe Johnsons, Lebrons, Rudy Gay's and such? Are you going to sub in James Johnson at that point? Then if we sub in James Johnson, we're going to have to have either Demar or Ross playing at the two, but we don't know which one would be better suited. Personally I'd go with Ross, since he does spread out the floor better, good for someone who passes well like JJ or Calderon.
                      Demar has the tools to be a decent man defender. He just needs the mentality. Also, Bargs has to improve his help defending.

I think the jury is still out on Ross at the NBA level. Hopefully, he carries over his strengths over from college.

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
                        I think the jury is still out on Ross at the NBA level. Hopefully, he carries over his strengths over from college.
                        Oh you think the jury is still out on a player who has never ever played a single game at the NBA level?

Let's see if Ross is even good enough to knock Demar out of the 2 (not that hard of a task) but if we put demar on 3s, we better hope it's not a scorer or someone that can bang in the paint or else they'll have a monster night.

Comment

• Demar is barely a decent SG & struggles defending 2's aswell, the problem is hed be an even worse SF for the same reasons, then add in the fact hed get punked on a nightly basis by guys who out muscle him

Comment

• DeMar doesn't rebound well because he doesn't like contact. At SF he has to do more than hold his own. he would have to hold his own as well as help out with Bargnani's man. He's not my first option at SF and I think the SF position would have to be addressed via free agency or trade.

Comment

• Why are people calling Demar a barely decent shooting guard? Goodness, this fan base is the model of underrate and overrate.

Demar is a solid shooting guard only going to get better. He's got solid numbers for a player who was drafted so raw and drafted as a project. Let him develop, one good off-season with Casey should really bump things up for him, especially being part of USA's Select roster.

BC: "I don't know if you've seen Demar lately, he's either wearing tighter shirts, or he's gotten bigger."
                              DC: "Demar kind of looks like a power forward now."
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Why are people calling Demar a barely decent shooting guard? Goodness, this fan base is the model of underrate and overrate.

Demar is a solid shooting guard only going to get better. He's got solid numbers for a player who was drafted so raw and drafted as a project. Let him develop, one good off-season with Casey should really bump things up for him, especially being part of USA's Select roster.
                                RaptorReuben:

Do you have a link for those DC and BC quotes?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X