Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon wrote: View Post
    No, the pathetic part is people incessantly clinging to nitpicking details to validate their old stories, while the young man that's the target is a dream asset of this organization who has worked his way up to all star status, and continues to grow, while they are claiming the "constructive criticism" mantel, while dismissing the joy felt by many fans of the team, as nothing more than emotional attachment of blind loyalists.
    Yeah. I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but it was difficult for me to not notice the amount of pessimism surrounding Derozan. Ive seen people talk about how the Raptors' success is a hoax, and how this team won't make any sort of impact in this league. Same with Demar. This is the same guy who was supposed to be Chris Bosh's high flying, entertaining Shooting Guard, not an All star and mvp candidate. But here we are today, 3rd in the East, on top of the Atlantic, and with some respect and dignity returning to this team and city.

I think it would help if people would appreciate the spotlight and the winning mentality our team has developed. I haven't seen the Raptors play such passionate basketball for a while, and frankly its been long enough. It should be clear that tanking has not worked for us, and that we should start building a reputation of being a tough, competitive team/city that other NBA players will find attractive.

And frankly, that starts with Derozan. He has been here since the end of the Bosh era, stuck with us through the tanking era, and is now leading us into a winning era alongside Lowry. Im happy with this, and it feels good to be a Raptors fan right now. I just wish all of us on Raptors Republic could show some as well.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
      No, the pathetic part is people incessantly clinging to nitpicking details to validate their old stories, while the young man that's the target is a dream asset of this organization who has worked his way up to all star status, and continues to grow, while they are claiming the "constructive criticism" mantel, while dismissing the joy felt by many fans of the team, as nothing more than emotional attachment of blind loyalists.
      what a horrendously worded rant.

'nitpicking details' = stats that you conveniently like to ignore.
      that whining by special1 that he continuously posts over and over trying to provoke the same users does not count as 'joy felt by many fans of the team'

i'm sure there are maybe a couple of people here that still actually 'hate' derozan. but for the most part, many are happy with his improved performance as of late. that fact still doesn't completely negate the ability to discuss and critique parts of his game that could stand to see some improvement.

Comment

• Meh, guys using terms like "inefficient volume shooter".... whatever. Someone is gonna take a lot of shots on every team, and every team has a guy that misses a bunch....

NBA ALL star voted in my the coaches.
        Steadily moving forward, always improving.
        Rare American player that is devoted to playing for and succeeding for Toronto and is fans.
        Get to line more than almost everyone in his position....which means..........
        Creates foul problems for opposing bigs. (guess that means nothing.....except that your precious superstar lithuanian center gets his ass handed to him regularly by every other starting big, so yeah, Demar drawing fouls on them is kinda HUGE)
        GREAT work ethic and attitude, shows commitment to imrpoving, professionalism and team.

Ya, I see it now. He's an inefficient High Volume scorer.... better trade this NBA ALLSTAR shooting guard making half some of his immediate comparable match ups makes AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Why you ask?

Well, so Toronto can be better.

:|

Ya thats logical.

What a shit show this can be sometimes

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

that whining by special1 that he continuously posts over and over trying to provoke the same users does not count as 'joy felt by many fans of the team'

i'm sure there are maybe a couple of people here that still actually 'hate' derozan. but for the most part, many are happy with his improved performance as of late. that fact still doesn't completely negate the ability to discuss and critique parts of his game that could stand to see some improvement.
          hahahaha

yes, critique away. With your stats..... and stuff.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
            hahahaha

yes, critique away. With your stats..... and stuff.
            dude, we know you dont like stats and have an issue understanding numbers in general. thats ok.

Comment

• You got er bud..... hahaha I am slow as MOLASSES

Youre killing me over here.

Who ya gonna replace DD with when ya trade um? Some rookie you stated up from nbadraft?

Some obscure super efficient stat machine playing a limited role with fuck all for primary defence on a good team?

Please do tell, since I dont get them there stats you speak of.... please tell me who is SO much better, that youre gonna go get to replace DD for 9 million.

I'll wait.....

You see, you guys all talk like there are people out there better.... there aren't and those who are, cost money. And you also fall into the same ole trap..... you see some dude who maybe makes a higher percentage of shots, but completely ignore that DD is the #1 focus of opposing teams, so his shots are always a little higher difficulty. You think he gets respect around the league because he's a fake? Think his teammates all love th efuck outta him because he hurts them?

Get the fack outta here with that gahbage bud.... stats only tell you the result. Not the journey.

Comment

• didin't you know..........? He is an inefficient volume shooter who only hurts the raps.

Enough!!!!!

Comment

stats only tell you the result. Not the journey.

Thats a great way to put it. And I couldn't agree more. We've seen the Raptors win games in which Demar has been all but shut down yet he is finding ways to get involved in other ways.

The game @ Dallas (the overtime W) is a complete testament to this. Demar did a bit of everything that night. Despite his struggles, he still hit the game winner, but for the first 4 quarters, he was making winning plays that didn't include scoring.

Thats the mark of a winner. Thats what this team needs.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Meh, guys using terms like "inefficient volume shooter".... whatever. Someone is gonna take a lot of shots on every team, and every team has a guy that misses a bunch....

NBA ALL star voted in my the coaches.
                    Steadily moving forward, always improving.
                    Rare American player that is devoted to playing for and succeeding for Toronto and is fans.
                    Get to line more than almost everyone in his position....which means..........
                    Creates foul problems for opposing bigs. (guess that means nothing.....except that your precious superstar lithuanian center gets his ass handed to him regularly by every other starting big, so yeah, Demar drawing fouls on them is kinda HUGE)
                    GREAT work ethic and attitude, shows commitment to imrpoving, professionalism and team.

Ya, I see it now. He's an inefficient High Volume scorer.... better trade this NBA ALLSTAR shooting guard making half some of his immediate comparable match ups makes AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Why you ask?

Well, so Toronto can be better.

:|

Ya thats logical.

What a shit show this can be sometimes
                    Holy fucking passive aggressive, Batman! Since I was the one talking about inefficient volume shooter I guess you're talking to me?

Regarding bold, key is to not have those players being the same guy.

The precious Litunanian comment is priceless coming from the guy in his next comment talking about enjoying the journey.

Comment

You got er bud..... hahaha I am slow as MOLASSES

Youre killing me over here.

Who ya gonna replace DD with when ya trade um? Some rookie you stated up from nbadraft?

Some obscure super efficient stat machine playing a limited role with fuck all for primary defence on a good team?

Please do tell, since I dont get them there stats you speak of.... please tell me who is SO much better, that youre gonna go get to replace DD for 9 million.

I'll wait.....

You see, you guys all talk like there are people out there better.... there aren't and those who are, cost money. And you also fall into the same ole trap..... you see some dude who maybe makes a higher percentage of shots, but completely ignore that DD is the #1 focus of opposing teams, so his shots are always a little higher difficulty. You think he gets respect around the league because he's a fake? Think his teammates all love th efuck outta him because he hurts them?

Get the fack outta here with that gahbage bud.... stats only tell you the result. Not the journey.
                      THANK YOU! That's the thing with the people who always bring up stats. Yes they are accurate and I don't completely dismiss it but the only people who put up the kind of stats they seem to want are the Lebron James or Kevin Durant's of the world. Or they're 5th options in the starting line up or bench players who aren't the focus on offense so they get open look after open look. I would really like them to find me someone who is making the kind of money Demar is and is soooo efficient that we can get. For them it's either superstar calibre player or nothing. I just think expecting Demar to be some ultra efficient player when he's the number 1 option and other than Lowry there is NO one else who can create for themselves not even a little bit you are asking for a little too much. But I guess that's just me.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

I'm actually surprised you still visit the "everything about Demar thread".....it really boggles my mind.

Aren't you the one that said that Demar doesn't deserve recognition for the team's success this season? Or was that your buddy Oldskoolnotcool?

Please get out of here with that lying ass critique bs... That's getting old. Your no longer in a position to critique Demar (the all-star). He has surpassed most, if not all of our expectations. He's proven you wrong and left you with egg on your face.

So who's next? Is it JV? TRoss? Who else needs to be hated on...I mean "critiqued"?

I simply called out a few posters (you included) who were talking shit and got their asses handed to them. You have no talks! Blastoff!

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          THANK YOU! That's the thing with the people who always bring up stats. Yes they are accurate and I don't completely dismiss it but the only people who put up the kind of stats they seem to want are the Lebron James or Kevin Durant's of the world. Or they're 5th options in the starting line up or bench players who aren't the focus on offense so they get open look after open look. I would really like them to find me someone who is making the kind of money Demar is and is soooo efficient that we can get. For them it's either superstar calibre player or nothing. I just think expecting Demar to be some ultra efficient player when he's the number 1 option and other than Lowry there is NO one else who can create for themselves not even a little bit you are asking for a little too much. But I guess that's just me.
                          This is a really good post. Lots of stuff in there got me thinking in new circles among old ideas. When I get time and thoughts arranged I look forward to sharing.

Comment

• special1 are you sure about all that "haters" stuff?

Every player has their flaws and positives things. This is public forum and everyone can freely express their opinion. I have a hard time believing that team fan(s) actually hate player like DeMar. I understand hate on guys like Bargnani ( publicly telling that he's just being lazy. that's unprofessional ), but cmon, DeMar worked his ass off, he's got some flaws in his game - like everyone else, but he's one of our team leaders, no one can't deny that now.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              This is a really good post. Lots of stuff in there got me thinking in new circles among old ideas. When I get time and thoughts arranged I look forward to sharing.
                              I'm feeling sarcasm lol. But it's okay.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• well considering I said the same thing and he called it passive aggressive, Ithink yeah....

whatever.

Matt, that wasn't passive aggression.

You're being silly, so I am calling you out for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X