No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing to consider is that the best basketball for this core is yet to come because with Lowry's injury, Ibaka and Tucker being new, the Raptors just didn't gel like they would if they started the season together. Not saying it would be enough to take out the Cav's. But really, there isn't a solution for that other than age catching up with LeBron.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      One thing to consider is that the best basketball for this core is yet to come because with Lowry's injury, Ibaka and Tucker being new, the Raptors just didn't gel like they would if they started the season together. Not saying it would be enough to take out the Cav's. But really, there isn't a solution for that other than age catching up with LeBron.
      Problem is our system forces role players to deeply learn the tendencies of Lowry and DeMar, as opposed to the right basketball play. Some guys, like Carroll and JV never actually fit in with Kyle/DD. Who knows if PJ and Serge will. And that system itself is easy to stop in the playoffs, so this really isn't the best time to be working out the kinks. But then again, these are all veteran players and Casey is a veteran coach, so they should have had enough time to figure things out.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Problem is our system forces role players to deeply learn the tendencies of Lowry and DeMar, as opposed to the right basketball play. Some guys, like Carroll and JV never actually fit in with Kyle/DD. Who knows if PJ and Serge will. And that system itself is easy to stop in the playoffs, so this really isn't the best time to be working out the kinks. But then again, these are all veteran players and Casey is a veteran coach, so they should have had enough time to figure things out.

Well of course the role players have to learn the tendancies of the star players. That's why they are called role players. It's their role to support the stars. If Channing Frye doesn't know he's supposed to camp out at the 3 point line and open up space for Lebron to drive or pass then he's clogging the lane and disrupting the system. JV doesn't fit in any system right now and Carroll fits in fine, but quite frankly is playing shit basketball. Him not being able to play 3 & D has nothing to do with DeMar, Lowry, Casey or the system. He just sucks right now.

PJ and Serge have been pretty fantastic thus far as anyone on the forum would already know. Everyone is hoping to sign both guys which is generally a great indicator of fit.

MU may look at the coach this summer and say it's time to try a new system with these guys, but for the type of players he has assembled, I think this system yields a very high result. You put DeMar on Golden State and he's not even as valuable as Igoudala. Lowry, may fit in because he's just that talented, but nowhere near the calibre of player he has become.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          I don't mind you educating people on stats because of your self proclaimed above average knowledge on the subject matter. But can we just tone down the rhetoric.

Derozan's productivity per minute averages tells us how poorly he is as a performer on that very specific area. It tells us the quality of his play.
          Tone down the rhetoric? You spam every game thread with your bullshit! Everyone knows DeMar is a bad defender and a poor 3pt shooter. He's also on an atypical growth curve and starting his prime so it's entirely possible that he develops more in these areas.
          If youre hell bent on trading the guy then why not discuss trade scenarios? I think I've seen Jimmy Butler thrown around here? It would be more interesting to break that down further, as well as, other possible targets.
          Constantly repeating DeRozan sucks is annoying and useless. Get over it!

Comment

• Have we considered the fact that, if Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker all sign with the Raptors, they're doing so under the impression that they're joining a team that has DeRozan at its core? Would they feel blindsided by a DeRozan trade shortly afterwards?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Tone down the rhetoric? You spam every game thread with your bullshit! Everyone knows DeMar is a bad defender and a poor 3pt shooter. He's also on an atypical growth curve and starting his prime so it's entirely possible that he develops more in these areas.
              If youre hell bent on trading the guy then why not discuss trade scenarios? I think I've seen Jimmy Butler thrown around here? It would be more interesting to break that down further, as well as, other possible targets.
              Constantly repeating DeRozan sucks is annoying and useless. Get over it!
              The rhetoric towards a poster who goes against the grain is entirely different than just spur of the moment comments about a player on a game thread. Lol

Derozan on his eight year has major flaws, foul fishing to pad his PPG doesn't work when it matters most.

If you are asking me of a trade scenario, I thought I was crystal clear that Ujiri should be aiming for a better draft pick in return but getting significant player or players are extra incentives.

I would suggest you try to read my previous posts rather than nitpicking a single one and attack it because you are a fan of the player concerned.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Have we considered the fact that, if Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker all sign with the Raptors, they're doing so under the impression that they're joining a team that has DeRozan at its core? Would they feel blindsided by a DeRozan trade shortly afterwards?
                I don't think thats the only reason a free agent would consider re-signing. However, if in fact that's how they based their decisions then so be it. But that won't stop a GM in improving his team further by trading Derozan after the fact.

Comment

The rhetoric towards a poster who goes against the grain is entirely different than just spur of the moment comments about a player on a game thread. Lol

Derozan on his eight year has major flaws, foul fishing to pad his PPG doesn't work when it matters most.

If you are asking me of a trade scenario, I thought I was crystal clear that Ujiri should be aiming for a better draft pick in return but getting significant player or players are extra incentives.

I would suggest you try to read my previous posts rather than nitpicking a single one and attack it because you are a fan of the player concerned.
                  It's all you talk about. Hate for derozan or joseph. Literally 1297 posts about it. "Spur of the moment comments" gtfo
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    It's all you talk about. Hate for derozan or joseph. Literally 1297 posts about it. "Spur of the moment comments" gtfo
                    Who else would do it, obviously not you 🤣

Comment

Who else would do it, obviously not you ��
                      Yes I try to stay away from being an annoyance who picks at the same topic on 100% of posts for a year and a half ad nauseum. But you're the hero we need
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Who else would do it, obviously not you ��
                        Who else would criticize DeRozan? Seriously?

Are you new here? This place has been through the hellscape of war over the DeRozan discussion. The Everything DeRozan discussion thread has been shut down at several points in time because the topics were just being repeated ad nauseum and no one was getting anywhere, except to get themselves banned for being over the top. And still it has over 1.5 million views and over 20,000 posts within.

It's been covered. You don't think anywhere in those 20,000 posts there is a single comment about DeRozan's defence or three point shooting?

We know, dude. We know.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Who else would criticize DeRozan? Seriously?

Are you new here? This place has been through the hellscape of war over the DeRozan discussion. The Everything DeRozan discussion thread has been shut down at several points in time because the topics were just being repeated ad nauseum and no one was getting anywhere, except to get themselves banned for being over the top. And still it has over 1.5 million views and over 20,000 posts within.

It's been covered. You don't think anywhere in those 20,000 posts there is a single comment about DeRozan's defence or three point shooting?

We know, dude. We know.
                          I think people should see the difference of a game thread in comparison to the thread that talks All About Derozan and this one. It's a double standard then on those posters who hate on Carroll, JV Coach Casey in ad naseaum on every game night thread.

Should I blantantly say then it's just pure hypocrisy that one can freely be hypercritical of any player (more on JV and Carroll) on the team including the Coach but not named Derozan.

I however do appreciate your level headed approach on this by shying away from insults because I personally am going against what is popular here.

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan bobbleheads for everyone in this thread!
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• At this point it's illogical to even think that:

1. We will trade DeMar 1 year into his 5 year contract
                              2. Even if we do, I don't see any logical trade situations where we get anything close to a big haul

Think about the impact outside of basketball this would make. It's already tough to lure all-stars to stay here, this would show how loyal the Raptors are to the rest of the league. I'm not by any means the biggest fan of DeMar, but this wouldn't make sense the more I think about it.

If we lose the series against the Cavs, the best possible scenario for a rebuild is to literally let everyone go who is a pending free agent. We have good rookies waiting for the chance, why not give it to them and see what they do while shitty contracts like Carrolls expire.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                DeMar DeRozan bobbleheads for everyone in this thread!
                                Got one already
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X