No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigning DD to any contract is the single worst move that the Raptors can make this offseason.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Resigning DD to any contract is the single worst move that the Raptors can make this offseason.
      lol
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        This decision on DeMar shapes a lot of the next 5-10 years for the franchise. It's not surprising that it's such a huge debate.

If you let him go, the risk is that you can't replace his offensive production and next year is a down year, then you lose Lowry and if JV doesn't meet his potential, you trigger a rebuild.

If you sign him, the risk is that this year was a contract year(and still had it's issues), and his decision making takes a step back, making his contract less tradeable. You lose games because of his limitations, and are stuck with the contract. Also, keeping the ball in DeMar's hands could stunt JV's growth.

Huge risk either way.
        It already has, and it will absolutely continue to stunt JV's growth. He can do so much more than the role that Casey has pigeonholed him into, but nothing will change, especially if Masai throws the bank at DD. If he's not interested in delegating some of his touches to JV now, I have a hard time believing he'll do it once he becomes the highest paid player in franchise history. It's a difficult choice. What I wonder is how much MLSE, Bell/Rogers affinity for ratings will play into how hard they try to retain him.

Comment

• 5 years, 125 mill is a nice, round number I could see DeMar signing for. The real question is how we get an additional max-level guy in at the 4-spot.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            lol
            Well I guess we could max Bargnani, that would be decidedly worse

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              5 years, 125 mill is a nice, round number I could see DeMar signing for. The real question is how we get an additional max-level guy in at the 4-spot.
              No.

DeMar is an awful basketball player who doesn't win you basketball games.

He can sign with whatever team he wants, as long as it isn't the Raptors.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                5 years, 125 mill is a nice, round number I could see DeMar signing for. The real question is how we get an additional max-level guy in at the 4-spot.
                I agree. We need to sign him and get someone for 4.

Comment

• The concern for me continues to be how bad our offense was in DeMar-on/Lowry-off situations this year. Someone has to explain to me how it's a good idea to give DeMar $144 million when he's an offensive star who didn't appear to make our offense better.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• In case someone didn't already hear:
                    DeMar DeRozan expressed a desire to stay with the Toronto Raptors one day after his team was eliminated from the playoffs.

DeRozan, who will become an unrestricted free agent July 1, has been with the Raptors for his entire career. He was asked specifically if he can find a better situation than Toronto

"I don't think so," DeRozan said Saturday. "My mindset has always been Toronto. I've always preached it. I was passionate about it when we were losing, when we were terrible. I said I was going to stick through this whole thing, and I want to be that guy who brings this organization to where it is now. I definitely don't want to switch that up after we win."
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...oronto-raptors

There's no reason for him to lie now.

Comment

The concern for me continues to be how bad our offense was in DeMar-on/Lowry-off situations this year. Someone has to explain to me how it's a good idea to give DeMar $144 million when he's an offensive star who didn't appear to make our offense better.
                      It's a good idea because he'll be a hot commodity and the team needs to protect its assets. Who replaces him next season if they let him walk?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        It's a good idea because he'll be a hot commodity and the team needs to protect its assets. Who replaces him next season if they let him walk?
                        Norman Powell of course

Comment

• I still don't think DD gets the 144 supermax. Probably a deal in line with the 4 year max other teams can offer, with a fifth year added on. Or a little lower with a player option on the end (5/125).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I just don't buy into the idea of 'replacing him'. Why can't solid shooting and defense on lower usage replace him, then transfer the remainder of that usage to JV, Carroll and whoever the starting PF is through better ball movement?
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I still don't think DD gets the 144 supermax. Probably a deal in line with the 4 year max other teams can offer, with a fifth year added on. Or a little lower with a player option on the end (5/125).
                              This way he'd make slightly less in the first 4 years but more money and security overall yeah?

Comment

I just don't buy into the idea of 'replacing him'. Why can't solid shooting and defense on lower usage replace him, then transfer the remainder of that usage to JV, Carroll and whoever the starting PF is through better ball movement?
                                Because it's not that simple. You need to have the talent to accomplish that. They're short on that kind of scoring power. So you're asking them to do more with less both on the court and in the trade market.

Just let him walk for nothing. How many times have we seen the Raptors regress back into the lottery for years when that's happened?

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Norman Powell of course
                                *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X