X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosike wrote: View Post
    Dude no...

http://bkref.com/tiny/waAtA

Look at that please. This kind of blind evaluation of DeRozan is part of the reason why there are so many "haters" on here.

One could argue DeRozan has been a bit better defensively and obviously is better at drawing fouls. But that's about it.
    lool been there done that
    at the end of the day they still average the same numbers so......

EDIT: im not a dude
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 12:48 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      This is a good argument if your record is good, if your record is not so good it loses a lot of credibility.
      sadly..
      were getting there 3 games till .500
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        sadly..
        were getting there 3 games till .500
        Agreed, if by the deadline date for when players are picked he and Lowry have this team in the top 4 (with an actually good record, not like the Celtics top 4 right now) for the East then you'll see Derozan get hard looks.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Agreed, if by the deadline date for when players are picked he and Lowry have this team in the top 4 (with an actually good record, not like the Celtics top 4 right now) for the East then you'll see Derozan get hard looks.
          This is true. If the Raptors are playing >.500 ball, that would put DeRozan past Afflalo despite the disparity statistically.

Not sure how I feel about that though, I really want a high pick in this draft. But that being said, there are other ways to rebuild this team besides the 2014 draft, and Ujiri has created enough flexibility by moving Bargnani and Bargs to actually capitalize on some of those opportunities.

I'm a pro-tanker, but I wouldn't really be disappointed if this team got the #3/4 seed, knocked out a team like Washington or Charlotte in the first round and then played a hard fought 2nd round series with Indiana or Miami.

Since our team is so young, that would actually be something to build upon, unlike the last time we were in the playoffs where basically all of our players had already peaked. And we had hardly any cap flexibility.
          Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Interesting....

Comment

• There's more rebounds for DeMar to get now that Rudy's gone, so I think that explains his rpg jumping up a bit. Ross doesn't really rebound at that same rate.

As for assists, the Raptors are actually moving the ball now and running a proper offense, so more of DeMar's passes are resulting in scores and not just Rudy Gay iso-to-bricks.

I think his 3PT percentage will finish around 33% this season, it's dropping this month, which doesn't surprise me since he shot a ridiculous 40% last month.

Wouldn't be shocked to see DD end the year averaging something like 21-4-4 on 45-33-80 shooting.

Comment

• If we get to the playoffs this season DeMar is going to have another kid. BET ON IT! lol

Comment

I'm a pro-tanker, but I wouldn't really be disappointed if this team got the #3/4 seed, knocked out a team like Washington or Charlotte in the first round and then played a hard fought 2nd round series with Indiana or Miami.

Since our team is so young, that would actually be something to build upon, unlike the last time we were in the playoffs where basically all of our players had already peaked. And we had hardly any cap flexibility.
                  I agree to this with a certain extent, although it's tricky where it comes to Lowry. Riding him to the playoffs, and then needing to resign him in the offseason is a huge risk. And the worst-case scenario is losing Lowry for nothing, missing out on a lottery pick this year, and taking a big step back next year without him.

Although Ujiri might handle it like he did Nene; get the best contract he could, get the guy signed using bird rights, and then move him out on his own terms later.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I agree to this with a certain extent, although it's tricky where it comes to Lowry. Riding him to the playoffs, and then needing to resign him in the offseason is a huge risk. And the worst-case scenario is losing Lowry for nothing, missing out on a lottery pick this year, and taking a big step back next year without him.

Although Ujiri might handle it like he did Nene; get the best contract he could, get the guy signed using bird rights, and then move him out on his own terms later.
                    Best bet would be to ride him out and then do a sign and trade on draft night or re sign him for a reasonable contract.

Comment

• ... Watching Jalen Rose's latest podcast and he says right now Wiggins most compares too Demar Derozan
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        ... Watching Jalen Rose's latest podcast and he says right now Wiggins most compares too Demar Derozan
                        LOL!

Yet others in the industry prefer a Scottie Pippen comparison.

Pippen....DeRozan, same thing.

Comment

• Right now, makes sense. Derozan is better than Wiggins right now

Comment

• Dude's putting in work on Christmas!

http://instagram.com/p/iXxoLoqhgL/
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

This is true. If the Raptors are playing >.500 ball, that would put DeRozan past Afflalo despite the disparity statistically.

Not sure how I feel about that though, I really want a high pick in this draft. But that being said, there are other ways to rebuild this team besides the 2014 draft, and Ujiri has created enough flexibility by moving Bargnani and Bargs to actually capitalize on some of those opportunities.

i just don't see the raptors taking out charlotte in the playoffs. they always seem to match our level of play and we've yet to beat them this year even with our new 'improved' lineup.

Comment

• A thought re: DeMar and tanking. I had a thought last night about what the ideal way to keep DeMar and tank is, while still developing him as a player.

Play DeMar at the point.

Let him be the floor general. His floor vision has improved this year, so let's give him a chance to really call plays and lead this team on the floor. He'll not be too good at it initially and he's not quite fast enough to guard against true PGs, so we'll lose a lot of games. But DeMar will gain experience he can't get any other way.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X