No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after last years debacle demar is going to have to have a few years of sick dunks to get back in or any of the guys from last year for that matter.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• The heck with DeMar

I want to see Lebron vs Blake.

Has Lebron got the cajones to up against Blake in the dunk contest?

We shall see
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Has Lebron got the cajones to up against Blake in the dunk contest?
        he didnt have the cajones to go up against nate robinson... blake would make lebron soil his tighty whiteys.

Comment

• I somehow doubt DeMar would be asked to sub in for Jennings. Maybe if the NBA couldn't get anyone else.

Comment

• Personally, I think anybody interested in entering the dunk competition should toss their name in the hat and let the fans decide through a voting system just like the all-star starters voting system.

Comment

• DeMar's Opinion

Dang! I'm not in the dunk contest this year?
              Source: DeMar DeRozan's Twitter Page

Comment

• “Serge Ibaka, Brandon Jennings, JaVale McGee? C’mon man,” Kenyon Martin said. “For real? Ibaka, really? You couldn’t find nobody else to be in the dunk contest? C’mon man.

"Martin thinks Houston Rockets guard Terrence Williams and Toronto Raptors guard Sonny Weems would have been better picks."
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...hebuzzer010711
                Scroll down a bit to check it. He doesn't have Martins quote on the mattber, but thats still kind of interesting.
                Thought I'd be hearing more love for Demar. And supposedly, so did Demar. haha

Comment

• Weems or DeMar have the potential to bring the house down at a dunk competition.

Comment

• Weems would be the better choice I think. Heck, take Ibaka out and have both DeMar and Sonny. Just like Vince and T-Mac.
                    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

• Griffin is going to be a bust. Look at his McDonald dunks from high school. boooo! He will be to this year's contest what Shannon Brown was to last year's.

Comment

• DeRozan Comparisons

I hate comparisons but I want the DeMar haters to take a look at his stats in 1st/2nd year compared to a recent hall of fame inductee.

Demar
                        Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
                        09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 0.498 0.250 0.763 0.9 2.0 2.9 0.7 0.6 0.2 0.81 2.29 8.6
                        10-11 TOR 39 39 32.9 0.474 0.091 0.758 0.8 2.7 3.5 1.7 0.8 0.4 1.7 2.8 14.6

Pippen
                        Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
                        1987-88 Chicago 79 0 20.9 .463 .174 .576 1.5 2.3 3.8 2.1 1.2 0.7 1.66 2.70 7.9
                        1988-89 Chicago 73 56 33.1 .476 .273 .668 1.9 4.2 6.1 3.5 1.9 0.8 2.73 3.60 14.4

It's obviously not a perfect comparison but if you look at shooting %, PPG, minutes they are pretty comparable. He was inarguably a more rounded player out of college than DeRozan which can be seen by his rebounding, assists and steals stats, but shooting percentages are about the same, free throws are huge with the DeRozan being the winner. What surprises me most is how bad a shooter Pippen was from 3p range. DeRozan has been atrocious this year but his first year numbers were better than Pippen's.

The point of the story is I believe DeRozan can be something special IF (noticed I said if) he keeps working hard with his coaches and trainers. No one knows how far he will go, if he will ever be talked about as highly as Pippen is but comparatively he seem to be ont he right track.

Comment

• Pippen wasn't spoon fed starts his first year but they ended up getting nearly the same amount of minutes.

Comment

• You are comparing DeRozan to a player who was voted, whether you agree or not, as one of the top 50 players all time.

Give us a break. Seriously
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Dude, this comparison is ridiculous. Just shows you that statistics do not always correctly portray the picture.

If you mine enough data there will be tons of similar examples of young players doing well, especially on sh!tty teams. During the 1988-1989 season the Bulls finished 47-35 and lost to Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals. That's like saying Demar would average those numbers on a team like Orlando, Boston or Miami.

I like Derozan and see some potential but realistically his cap is a Nick Young or JR Smith. That may be tough to swallow but those guys are very talented and their attitudes sometime take away from their game. Let's be realistic, not every promising young player will turn out to be Tracy McGrady. Every club has their Derozan and few turn out to exceed or even live up to expectations.

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                                I hate comparisons but I want the DeMar haters to take a look at his stats in 1st/2nd year compared to a recent hall of fame inductee.

Demar
                                Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
                                09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 0.498 0.250 0.763 0.9 2.0 2.9 0.7 0.6 0.2 0.81 2.29 8.6
                                10-11 TOR 39 39 32.9 0.474 0.091 0.758 0.8 2.7 3.5 1.7 0.8 0.4 1.7 2.8 14.6

Pippen
                                Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
                                1987-88 Chicago 79 0 20.9 .463 .174 .576 1.5 2.3 3.8 2.1 1.2 0.7 1.66 2.70 7.9
                                1988-89 Chicago 73 56 33.1 .476 .273 .668 1.9 4.2 6.1 3.5 1.9 0.8 2.73 3.60 14.4

It's obviously not a perfect comparison but if you look at shooting %, PPG, minutes they are pretty comparable. He was inarguably a more rounded player out of college than DeRozan which can be seen by his rebounding, assists and steals stats, but shooting percentages are about the same, free throws are huge with the DeRozan being the winner. What surprises me most is how bad a shooter Pippen was from 3p range. DeRozan has been atrocious this year but his first year numbers were better than Pippen's.

The point of the story is I believe DeRozan can be something special IF (noticed I said if) he keeps working hard with his coaches and trainers. No one knows how far he will go, if he will ever be talked about as highly as Pippen is but comparatively he seem to be ont he right track.
                                Except that Scottie Pippen was an elite defender and a versatile one at that(heard he could guard 3-5 positions then) lmao.

Comment

Working...
                                X