Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    When I see Klay Thompson I think to myself there's no reason why Ross can not replicate that.
    Well, one reason..... ross isn't as good as Klay Thoimpson.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Well, one reason..... ross isn't as good as Klay Thoimpson.
      That's what I hate about the constant need for media/experts/fans to compare prospects to players, especially star players. Yes, they may play the same style of game, or excel in the same areas, but it sets these kids up to fail.

Bargnani = Dirk
      Ross = Ray Allen
      DeRozan = Kobe (remembering this is the DeRozan thread)

It also goes to show how the team/situation/system always plays a huge role in player development. Some players need the right opportunity to blossom; only the very best players are able to create their own opportunity.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I admittedly haven't seen much of Thompson, but I can't help but wonder how much he's benefiting from playing alongside Curry.

I think if you swap Harden with Thompson, Warriors get better and Rockets get worse (at least on paper...).
        You really think so? Case can be made that the Beard has more offensive skills...but dear god the statuesque D. Klay bowls him over there. He also wants the ball and that might be upsetting for Curry.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          You really think so? Case can be made that the Beard has more offensive skills...but dear god the statuesque D. Klay bowls him over there. He also wants the ball and that might be upsetting for Curry.
          That's why I added the disclaimer "on paper"

But Harden didn't have much trouble being effective in OKC, as the 3rd banana.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            That's why I added the disclaimer "on paper"

But Harden didn't have much trouble being effective in OKC, as the 3rd banana.
            He was effective no doubt...but he did play on the second unit (best 6th man) there quite a bit and most nights his opposition may have allowed for his inferior defense. If I remember correctly his departure from OKC had something to do with him wanting greater billing as well ...he after all rejected an offer that wasnt that far off from his asking price which OKC refused (mistake) because of tax implications.

The on-paper defense eh!! Jian Gh. should use that one

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              The on-paper defense eh!! Jian Gh. should use that one
              Oh no you di-ent!

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan OVR 86 (+1)- Steal +12, Offensive Consistency +5

2K update

Comment

• Nasty Dunk by Derozan...Turn the volume up,listen 2 the crowd and the rim..d@!nnnnn..

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Leo's commentary on that dunk would of been "wow, fantastic contest there by Olynk"
                    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• Rather than hijack the 3 stars thread, I moved this response here:

chico wrote: View Post
                      lol, "Ripped on"? What exactly did anyone say that you categorize being ripped? All seems pretty baby bottom gentle disagreement to me. Which is alright, yes?

Certainly no call for "cute" cheap shot (c'mon, we all know it's meant as a demeaning term, whatever the "innocence of grammar" spin doctored claims) DOD name calling. I mean really, we've been down this schoolyard bullying road already. Time to move on. The kid's got fans here. Get used to it, and accept that there will be disagreement with your assessments. Christ, this DOD thing is nothing but an attempt to demean those that disagree with you, and elevate yourself above the crowd. pffffffffft

You know your argument is weak when your using the "can't take criticism" card. Really? Is that the best defense ya got against criticism of your opinion? Who can't take criticism?

Why not listen to the originator of the term "District of DeRozan" on its real meaning.

District of DeRozan is a play on RaptorsRepublic and District of Columbia. One would think the term should have been DeRozansDistrict but the Washington, District of Columbia (D.C.) made it sound better, in the creator's opinion, so I went with that.

Now what is the meaning?

Well, this is a Raptors fan forum. I was always brought up to put the team before the individuals. Considering that every criticism of DeRozan has always been with the best interests of the team in mind, I always found it confusing the amount of backlash these criticisms brought about when, again, the whole focus of the criticism is to create a better Raptor TEAM. So one day it dawned on me, those who so passionately fight against any and all form of DeRozan criticism must be more of a DeRozan fan than a Raptor fan.

So there you have it, the origination of the term District of DeRozan. Considering the explanations behind the term like the one quoted above and the anger it has generated among his biggest fans, well, I guess there really is more truth behind the term than I originally thought.

In terms of any criticism I've ever leveled against DeRozan, the last 2 games was the perfect illustration of said criticisms and expectations for his game. If in doubt, take a look at his shot chart versus Boston and his shot chart versus Washington. Then take a look at the box score. Then rewatch the game if it still has not clicked in.

The Raptors are a much much better team when DeRozan works within the framework of the team and is selective picking his spots to step up or create. Give me 25 points on 13 shots with 1 assist in a blow out win over a playoff team (Washington) any and all days over 23 points on 25 shots and 6 assists in a narrow win over an Eastern Conference weakling.

So if it is still not clear, let me try to put in the simplest of terms:

Ball dominant DeRozan = bad
                      Team oriented DeRozan = good

Anyone who can find anything to debate in the above observations to me are residents of the District of DeRozan because they clearly have the best interests of DeRozan in mind rather than the Raptors...... which is totally ironic because any success that the Raptors have as a TEAM is going to be credited to DeRozan first and foremost as was seen last year with his All-Star nod.

Here to hoping we see more Washington DeRozan moving forward. In my opinion it was one of his best games of his career and I'd be more than happy to cheer that guy on as a Raptor fan.

Comment

• Lol so anyone who argues against DeRozan criticism is not a Raptors fan, rather they are a DeRozan fan?

What a narrow-minded point of view.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                          Lol so anyone who argues against DeRozan criticism is not a Raptors fan, rather they are a DeRozan fan?

What a narrow-minded point of view.
                          And there is a perfect example of the behaviour that inspired the phrase.

Step 1: ignore all content in post
                          Step 2: draw irrational conclusion based on half truths
                          Step 3: insult original poster

Comment

• Do you believe the coaching staff has the teams best interest in mind?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Rather than hijack the 3 stars thread, I moved this response here:
                              I don't know the background of this conversation, but I took a quick peak at the three stars thread.

Your criticism of DD isn't actually going to make him better, nor is supporting him going to hold him back. So there is no one right way to go about this. I dont know what the arguments are, so I don't know who's right in this, but I'd suggest that writing a long post on how some people are cheering for the Raptors the wrong way isn't going to further the discussion.

Having said that, I think District of Derozan is a pretty sweet name for a Raptors' fan club or something.

I think we'd all like to see more of the Washington game, I'm not sure who wouldn't.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                I don't know the background of this conversation, but I took a quick peak at the three stars thread.

Your criticism of DD isn't actually going to make him better, nor is supporting him going to hold him back. So there is no one right way to go about this. I dont know what the arguments are, so I don't know who's right in this, but I'd suggest that writing a long post on how some people are cheering for the Raptors the wrong way isn't going to further the discussion.

Having said that, I think District of Derozan is a pretty sweet name for a Raptors' fan club or something.

I think we'd all like to see more of the Washington game, I'm not sure who wouldn't.
                                Bold 1: This is a forum. Shooting the proverbial poop has never had more meaning and less importance.

Bold 2: It has nothing to do with cheering the Raptors right or wrong.

Bold 3: Exactly. It is what many people, including myself, have been harping on about for a very long time. The Boston game was ball dominant DeRozan and that is bad. The Washington game was team oriented DeRozan and that was very good. DeRozan's game needs to be primarily team oriented - that is all I'm saying and have been saying numerous ways for quite some time. To have two games, back to back, which illustrate this so perfectly clear is a godsend. I'm not sure how there can be any dispute to these statements other than contempt and dislike for the poster.

Comment

Working...
                                X