No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually getting annoyed...not because people are expressing opinions, but rather that they are just factually wrong

1.) DeRozan is not a one dimensional player. Steve Novak is a one dimensional player. DeRozan, can handle, pass, rebound, drive, shoot fts, attack the rim, shoot from mid range and defend at a league average level.

2.) Is he worth the max? The market dicated he was. You can argue what a player is worth but its not your money and its based on the CBA. The players negotiated for it, the league infused the teams with billions of extra dollars.

3.) Who cares what he makes. It's less than what he could have made and we have a competitive basketball team for the first time in a decade. Do you guys remember what losing every night felt like?

4.) Masai has proven himself an extremely effective GM...and taking a shot at his humanitarian work? Really? Do I need to list the moves he has made?

You are entitled to your own opinions....just not your own facts.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
      On the backs of Lebron and Curry, fuckers like Conley are getting paid -- gotta love democracy!
      Strange thing to me is that the players association was opposed to a gradual increase in the cap, so instead this lucky free agent class gets all the reward, at least thats how i understand it.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Strange thing to me is that the players association was opposed to a gradual increase in the cap, so instead this lucky free agent class gets all the reward, at least thats how i understand it.
        and I mean really next year the max for a guy 30 or over is going to close to 200 million so get ready for another round of this next year when we sign Lowry to 5 years 170 million dollars
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I'm actually getting annoyed...not because people are expressing opinions, but rather that they are just factually wrong

1.) DeRozan is not a one dimensional player. Steve Novak is a one dimensional player. DeRozan, can handle, pass, rebound, drive, shoot fts, attack the rim, shoot from mid range and defend at a league average level.

2.) Is he worth the max? The market dicated he was. You can argue what a player is worth but its not your money and its based on the CBA. The players negotiated for it, the league infused the teams with billions of extra dollars.

3.) Who cares what he makes. It's less than what he could have made and we have a competitive basketball team for the first time in a decade. Do you guys remember what losing every night felt like?

4.) Masai has proven himself an extremely effective GM...and taking a shot at his humanitarian work? Really? Do I need to list the moves he has made?

I guess to support what you are saying I think DeMar's league standing at his position would compare fairly to the memphis investment in there point guard.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Derozan should donate half of his earnings to his City of Compton, maybe add more tanks, armored personnel and barricades.

I say this because he does not deserve half of the 29 million per season.

One dimensional flawed player.

Masai should be ashamed of himself or maybe he is just trying to fast track his firing. He has more important humanitarian stuff to do outside of basketball.
            Can't get angry at DD at all for his deal. I may be opposed to Masai giving him this deal, because it is an overpay in my eyes, but I applaud DD for getting it. He put in a lot of work to get to this point. Any player should take what they can get, this is his job after all.

Question, DD never actually met with other teams, so how can we say if this is his market value? I mean Batum got quite a bit less and he is really the only comparable player as they play the same position and are similar talent levels, while there still were an insane amount of role players getting a lot of money. Im sure some teams would have given him more money per year though, just interested as to who the real threats would it have been to set the high price really.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Hey Abbas what happened to 5 years 119M deal??
              Come on bro, he got his 119m
              Just got a 20m bonus

Common sense
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• DeMar getting traded if he has a good year next year.

Comment

• Page 998. I was sure it would hit 1,000 by July 1st. Damn.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Here's Kevin Pelton

The Raptors couldn't extract the same kind of discount on DeRozan that the Hornets got with Batum, though they did end up a little shy of his max. This is a similar amount to what DeRozan would make on a five-year maximum deal with the 4.5 percent raises other teams can offer rather than the 7.5 percent Toronto could offer using Bird rights.

While I'm not the world's biggest DeRozan fan, I still think having him back is preferable to the alternative of creating modest cap space that might not even pay for a starter in this year's market.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I'm actually getting annoyed...not because people are expressing opinions, but rather that they are just factually wrong

Derozan is not an average defender. He is a below average defender. How many guys is he better than on just the Raptors as far as defending his position. I can be comfortable that JV, 2Pat, Kyle and Demarre can guard their positions. I am not at all comfortable that Demar can. In fact Demar is often the weak link. The player who teammates have to help to defend his man.

I guess time will tell if Demar taking 120M instead of 139M would have helped the Raptors. Because his contract right now looks like it could be an anchor around our necks In our effort to get better.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                        I guess to support what you are saying I think DeMar's league standing at his position would compare fairly to the memphis investment in there point guard.
                        But it doesn't compare to Charlotte getting Batum for 120M for the same position. Batum is a better passer, shooter and defender. Demar is just a higher volume shooter. Charlotte got MUCH better value. And Conley is an elite defender. Demar can't defend anyone.

Comment

• DD >>>>>> Batum ....

Look at it even as a health and durability

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            DD >>>>>> Batum ....

Look at it even as a health and durability
                            I see. Only

>>>>>>

And not

>>>>>>>> ?

Superb analysis...

Comment

• ^^^^

>>>>> is the much more Superb analysis than anything else that has come from the haters in the past 999 pages

Deal with it. DD is Raptor for next 5 years and he will be known as the BEST Raptor in the franchise history.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                But it doesn't compare to Charlotte getting Batum for 120M for the same position. Batum is a better passer, shooter and defender. Demar is just a higher volume shooter. Charlotte got MUCH better value. And Conley is an elite defender. Demar can't defend anyone.
                                Sure it compares. The difference over 5 years is immaterial. And, for as good as Batum is, he's a purely complimentary player. I would love Batum as a Raptor but people pretending he's a great deal at that price and DD is a bad sign at his need to give their heads a shake.

Comment

Working...
                                X