No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ not playing is really unfair to the guy. There is no reason he should not be in the game.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      And the knock on him then was he didn't do anything else to contribute to the team but get points. And now he's showing the ability to contribute in other ways and this is being interpreted as selfish stat padding? The bold is simply not true. He's doing what he can in the role he fills while playing in a terrible offensive system against a great defence. He has definitely been one of the teams best players, despite the poor shooting and shoddy D. Demar is the least of this teams issues.
      I agree, DeRozan has shown the ability to carry the team for stretches. He's a very good second option on a contender I don't care what anyone says. Dwane Casey's system sucks balls and the whole team is suffering, you bring in Tom Thibodeau or any other proper coach and you'll see how good DeRozan can really be. You can't possibly point fingers at the one guy who's giving it his all on the court while everyone else is stinking it up, that's just pure hating any way you slice it.

Comment

• DeRozan really was not the biggest problem (though his shot selection was terrible for the most part). Of course, lots of players' shot selection was terrible. This is what I meant by the waters being muddied by the coaching situation. DeRozan has basically only ever been coached by Casey. And with Lowry, Lou, Vasquez's shot selection getting worse and worse...

That said, I've always been in the move DeRozan boat because his value appears to be in that primary ball handling and scoring role, at which he has yet to prove particularly great. Plus (and mostly this) his upcoming free agency. Not a fan of leaving re-signings up to chance since Bosh.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And the knock on him then was he didn't do anything else to contribute to the team but get points. And now he's showing the ability to contribute in other ways and this is being interpreted as selfish stat padding? The bold is simply not true. He's doing what he can in the role he fills while playing in a terrible offensive system against a great defence. He has definitely been one of the teams best players, despite the poor shooting and shoddy D. Demar is the least of this teams issues.
          The bold might not be true. You're right - this is very unlikely to be a conscious thought process on DD's part. But his style of play says very differently.

In my opinion, DD is the epitome of a good player on a mediocre team who is unable to make others around him better. He is getting his but nothing is easy and very little for his teammates is easy either. His style of play is also not conducive to winning as evident by many advanced stats. As he has become more ball dominant in the playoffs, his advanced stats have totally pooped the bed. I also find it no coincidence Raptors are 0-3.

None of the above is surprising also taking in to account the teams record since his 'return to all-star form'. Since his 'breakout' versus Philly on March first, the Raptors are 12-11. 14 of those game were versus non-playoff teams and were 11-3 (wins over CHAx2, MIAx2, PHI, IND, MINx2, LAL, NYK, ORL). Versus playoff teams they were 1-8 (one win Houston game).

DD is getting his on a .500 team who would struggle for lower East seed and is likely to now get swept..... yay!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            The bold might not be true. You're right - this is very unlikely to be a conscious thought process on DD's part. But his style of play says very differently.

In my opinion, DD is the epitome of a good player on a mediocre team who is unable to make others around him better. He is getting his but nothing is easy and very little for his teammates is easy either. His style of play is also not conducive to winning as evident by many advanced stats. As he has become more ball dominant in the playoffs, his advanced stats have totally pooped the bed. I also find it no coincidence Raptors are 0-3.

None of the above is surprising also taking in to account the teams record since his 'return to all-star form'. Since his 'breakout' versus Philly on March first, the Raptors are 12-11. 14 of those game were versus non-playoff teams and were 11-3 (wins over CHAx2, MIAx2, PHI, IND, MINx2, LAL, NYK, ORL). Versus playoff teams they were 1-8 (one win Houston game).

DD is getting his on a .500 team who would struggle for lower East seed and is likely to now get swept..... yay!
            So...the rest of the team is dragging him down then? I'm not sure what you're getting at. The whole team sucks, and basically everyone has to work hard to get something..nothing is coming easy to anyone. Do you realize how hard Lowry has to work to be an impactful player? He did it earlier in the season and it screwed him for the stretch run. But just think about how hard he had to work to get his points early in the season, or to even get others involved. And lately, he hasn't been able to a god damn thing but he gets off easy on these forums. Maybe we should trade DD, and see how long it takes for Lowry to assume the position of favorite whipping boy. Anyways, DD's style of play is a reflection of the approach the team and coaching staff are taking. Lowry and Lou are just as guilty as Demar for poor shot selection. Hitting tough shots is how we win if we win, and that ain't all on Demar. At least he is trying to do other things out there.

But hey, you keep pounding the rock man!!

Comment

Maybe we should trade DD, and see how long it takes for Lowry to assume the position of favorite whipping boy.
              Hahahahah, that is very true.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Interesting take....

So we being 0-3 is all on Demar now??

No mention of Lowry playing worse than a D league scrub and picking up 10 fouls in the first two games yet only scoring 5 field goals in those two games?? Matter of fact, Lowry has been playing awful even before the all star game..... If it wasn't for our fans, I'm not even convinced he would've been selected by the coaches.

No mention of our supposed all star calibre big (JV) looking lost on defence and inept on the offensive side as well. JV has been a disappointment....pathetic.

No mention of the 6th man of the year playing horrible....

No mention of the lack of talent (consistently over the years) surrounding Demar?

Demar is the least of our worries! I said it for a while now, but took a lot of heat from posters... I think it's obvious now.....Demar is now clearly our best player. He makes 9.5 million and isn't event the highest paid player on the team. He's getting paid like a 2nd but more like a 3rd option, yet you willfully forget that. He gets all the attention from the opposing team's defence (which should show you something). The other options on this team are so poor....no one else has stepped up.

Just because the other players are not very good, doesn't make it Demar's fault.

The system is not good enough. The other players are not good enough.

22, 7, 6 is not something to complain about.... His low field goal percentage is a result of being the only consistent option that defences have to game plan for.

Let me summarize..... Lowry, JV, Lou and Vasquez's defence (expected) did not show up this series......Did you really expect Demar to win this series on his own? I don't believe you!

It's time to upgrade the talent around our best player. Bring in a true number one option and better players and see Demar's efficiency increase. He shoulders too much and instead of throwing it in his face, you should be thanking him because we wouldn't be a .500 team after all star break without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  Interesting take....

So we being 0-3 is all on Demar now??

No mention of Lowry playing worse than a D league scrub and picking up 10 fouls in the first two games yet only scoring 5 field goals in those two games?? Matter of fact, Lowry has been playing awful even before the all star game..... If it wasn't for our fans, I'm not even convinced he would've been selected by the coaches.

No mention of our supposed all star calibre big (JV) looking lost on defence and inept on the offensive side as well. JV has been a disappointment....pathetic.

No mention of the 6th man of the year playing horrible....

No mention of the lack of talent (consistently over the years) surrounding Demar?

Demar is the least of our worries! I said it for a while now, but took a lot of heat from posters... I think it's obvious now.....Demar is now clearly our best player. He makes 9.5 million and isn't event the highest paid player on the team. He's getting paid like a 2nd but more like a 3rd option, yet you willfully forget that. He gets all the attention from the opposing team's defence (which should show you something). The other options on this team are so poor....no one else has stepped up.

Just because the other players are not very good, doesn't make it Demar's fault.

The system is not good enough. The other players are not good enough.

22, 7, 6 is not something to complain about.... His low field goal percentage is a result of being the only consistent option that defences have to game plan for.

Let me summarize..... Lowry, JV, Lou and Vasquez's defence (expected) did not show up this series......Did you really expect Demar to win this series on his own? I don't believe you!

It's time to upgrade the talent around our best player. Bring in a true number one option and better players and see Demar's efficiency increase. He shoulders too much and instead of throwing it in his face, you should be thanking him because we wouldn't be a .500 team after all star break without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yes Derozan is the greatest player I've ever seen
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DD shoots too many shots that are contested, and sometimes he looks off team mates to get his own shot.

There are two explanations:

1. He shoots too much because he's a big of a ball hog.

or

2. He shoots too much because that's what the coaching staff want him to do.

What we need is a new coach + system that will a) have him pass more and shoot less bad shots, and b) hold him accountable when he does take too many, because that isn't happening here.

Efficient DD is very good, and we need that version of him.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      DD shoots too many shots that are contested, and sometimes he looks off team mates to get his own shot.

There are two explanations:

1. He shoots too much because he's a big of a ball hog.

or

2. He shoots too much because that's what the coaching staff want him to do.

What we need is a new coach + system that will a) have him pass more and shoot less bad shots, and b) hold him accountable when he does take too many, because that isn't happening here.
                      Well he did say he likes taking contested shots
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Well he did say he likes taking contested shots
                        So the new coach has to drill him to not take contested shots, and bench him when he does.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think we all know by now there is 2 versions of demar, the offence stand around and force version, which is ugly, then the ball is humming quick decisions demar which is great to watch.
                          He is a legitimate piece, and could be very effective having another player who can demand/ handle a double consistently.
                          Just think if he played along side curry in gs, he would be thought of as a superstar imo

Comment

• go look at the ending of the video

This is was Demar is one of my favourite player. He will workout and improve his game and with Demar you and me both know he will come back improved next season.

I personally believe he will come back more mature then ever. he will improve his game. And with a new coach who actually runs play he could easily average 5+Assits and 5+Rebounds. I predicting he's going to be getting his first triple-double next season.

Most players dont have Demar's work ethic which is exactly why he improves everyyear.

If healthy i say he'll be a top 5 candidate for most improve player. (along with Otter Porter lol)
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I really don't think there's any chance he's gonna ever win MIP. His ceiling is not much higher than what he's shown the last two seasons, if it's higher than that at all. He was already an all-star, so I doubt he gets any votes unless he's 27/5/6

Comment

• I'm so sick and tired of this "work ethic" bs
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X