No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, you have to earn minutes...well you used to before BC started telling his coaches to play young guys too early. Tracey didn't do enough early on...sometimes it takes guys a couple of years is all. I watched nearly every game during his time here and although you could see flashes it wasn't all because of the coaches. He was weak, frail and didn't defend well and his scoring ability took time to mature.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
      LOL. I'm gone a few days and this thread has gone all over the place :P

I think people are expecting too much out of DeRozan. He will be decent, he won't be a superstar, but how many 9th overall picks end up a perennial all-star? (Buddha?? ) I think some people should understand that the lad is just 21, many rookies are OLDER than him. He has had a decent start to the season, had a few bad games but he was very important in almost every bench spark we've had this season. Plus he works very hard on his game, apparently, and he will most definitely improve. When he gets his jumpshot up to standard then he will be a huge threat. He won't be getting to the line 8 times a game, but he is by far the most athletic and aggression (towards the rim) player on our team.

And on everything else being discussed here, LOL.
      Wait, are you saying to be realistic, don't overreact and to be patient? That's simply nonsense and has no place around here!
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• DeMar played outstanding versus Orlando. It is only one game but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          DeMar played outstanding versus Orlando. It is only one game but you have to give credit where credit is due.
          most of them played great tonight... spotty defense, pietrus got WAY too many open 3s in the 4th... but a W is a W

Jose sealing it with defense confused everything i know about him though

Comment

DeMar played outstanding versus Orlando. It is only one game but you have to give credit where credit is due.
            DeRozan is second in scoring for the Raptors at 13.1 ppg

This is up considerably from 8.6 ppg as a rookie.

More good things to come.

The iPhone/Android generation needs to slow down and not live and die on his every possession.

Raptors Stats
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              The iPhone/Android generation needs to slow down and not live and die on his every possession.
              Quoted for truth.

Comment

DeRozan is second in scoring for the Raptors at 13.1 ppg

This is up considerably from 8.6 ppg as a rookie.

More good things to come.

Raptors Stats
                FWIW, I'm 32 and have a 5 year old samsung pay-and-talk phone.

My concerns are still there about his potential long term. Those concerns are he may not be the all-star or solid starting 2 guard everyone, myself included, had hoped for. I really do hope my concerns are all for not.

The fact he is scoring only 13.1 a game on this team is not a good thing, IMO.

Comment

FWIW, I'm 32 and have a 5 year old samsung pay-and-talk phone.

My concerns are still there about his potential long term. Those concerns are he may not be the all-star or solid starting 2 guard everyone, myself included, had hoped for. I really do hope my concerns are all for not.

The fact he is scoring only 13.1 a game on this team is not a good thing, IMO.
                  I made one pre-season prediction and that was DeRozan would average 15+ game in 10-11.

You wouldn't want to wager against that would you?

Not if you are smart 32 year old with a 5 year old Samsung

I once had a Samsung. Nice phone.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I made one pre-season prediction and that was DeRozan would average 15+ game in 10-11.

You wouldn't want to wager against that would you?

Not if you are smart 32 year old with a 5 year old Samsung

I once had a Samsung. Nice phone.
                    You are obviously missing my point and why I started the thread.

I really don't care if he averages 15 a game this year. Mike James once averaged 20 points a game for the Raptors. What does it mean? Nothing.

I'm talking about his long term potential or the ceiling for his abilities. Time will only tell. I do hope last night is a glimpse of what he can do consistently going forward.

Comment

• So DeRozan scored 26 with 11 in the 4th qtr huh

and sunk 2 FTs late and we won the game huh...

checkmate !

Comment

• checkmate?

Acie earl dropped 45 in one game.

Check your head man!

Derozan is an ok player. no more at this point, and no less.

Comment

• I know what im talking about...he can do it,he should be our No 1 guy...he wants to be that guy...11 pts in the 4th against a contending team...he was driving to the rim with no fear,he was making shots with contact and still able to finish like a select few people can...hes everything bargs isnt....

Comment

• He's more than ok....he needs to develop that jumper and range but if you think he just ok you dont know what ur watching....the key is to improve that jumper tho...

Comment

• So did Jamaal Wilkes

Comment

• I guess you missed the part where I said "at this point"

I'm only being honest, he is in the bottom 5 of starting Sg's in the NBA right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X