No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan is much closer to year 1-4 right now than year 5.

He should be traded at first opportunity to return real value.

Maybe there is a GM silly enough to believe he isn't on the all star game roster because of his injury.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      But haven't you heard Leo Rautins? When you come back from an injury (especially if it's your first one!?) there's going to be ups and downs! A month later!
      Sadly those numbers are pretty much the same for his first 17 games as well...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        DeRozan is much closer to year 1-4 right now than year 5.
        Meh, while his stats are a bit down this year, some of that may improve with the season continuing.

Like his assist rate is basically the same as last year and free throw rate is at a career high, his defense has been better (by my eye test at least and some stats), and he is posting the best plus/minus numbers of his career.

He is shooting poorly and does seem to be taking more mid range shots but I think its flawed to ignore the massive contributions he makes to this team. This team is just flat out better by a significant margin when he's playing. It gives them a better sense of pace, he gets the line with a reckless abandon and gives them a responsible team-oriented if not special defender. It takes pressure off Lowry's need to create and he becomes a secondary ball handler this team desperately needs without needing it to be Greivis or Lou (or both)

Edit: He's the 5th best player in the NBA this season at getting to the line per 36 and shoots nearly 80% (I think his percentage of 79 will go up based on what we've seen but whatever) from there.
        Last edited by Jrice9; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
          Meh, while his stats are a bit down this year, some of that may improve with the season continuing.

Like his assist rate is basically the same as last year and free throw rate is at a career high, his defense has been better (by my eye test at least and some stats), and he is posting the best plus/minus numbers of his career.

He is shooting poorly and does seem to be taking more mid range shots but I think its flawed to ignore the massive contributions he makes to this team. This team is just flat out better by a significant margin when he's playing. It gives them a better sense of pace, he gets the line with a reckless abandon and gives them a responsible team-oriented if not special defender. It takes pressure off Lowry's need to create and he becomes a secondary ball handler this team desperately needs without needing it to be Greivis or Lou (or both)

Edit: He's the 5th best player in the NBA this season at getting to the line per 36 and shoots nearly 80% (I think his percentage of 79 will go up based on what we've seen but whatever) from there.
          You can sure get a lot more for $20m in 2016 than that.

#TradeHim

Comment

#TradeHim
            We'll see in 2016 I guess if thats the case.

You're likely setting the franchise back years with this type of trade. You'll destroy the good will it has built up with its own players, around the league and the fans with it. The team will be significantly worse in the short run with a lower ceiling and will have traded a player who has personified this new era and was a homegrown talent who actually loved the city.

Look, if you get a fantastic trade and it ups this team's ceiling, sure but I do think there are unintended consequences for trying to go all video game transactions (Trading large salaries for rookie contracts and spending the cap room immediately).

Who are we getting back in the trade and who are we using with our new found cap room?

If the idea is to trade DeMar for someone like Noah Voneleh (salary) and sign Tobias Harris in the offseason, I don't get why you think this team would be better in the short or long run.

Comment

#TradeHim
              Sound so salty.
              Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                Sound so salty.
                Good idea on your part to edit that.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 23-8 (.741) record with DD
                  12-9 (.571) record without DD

Yea let's trade him LOL

Comment

• why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                    23-8 (.741) record with DD
                    12-9 (.571) record without DD

Yea let's trade him LOL
                    Yea trade him and keep Ross!! haha

Comment

DeRozan is much closer to year 1-4 right now than year 5.

He should be traded at first opportunity to return real value.

Maybe there is a GM silly enough to believe he isn't on the all star game roster because of his injury.
                      That's ridiculous. Aside from his poor shooting this season, he's a much better player than he was years one through four. When did you ever see him do any bit of playmaking during those years?
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I used to think DD was good at open/in the flow shots. But he really isn't.

30% of his jump shots have been open (4+ feet of open space). He has shot 40% eFG% on them. That's an ORTG of 80, very poor. Most of those have been midrange jumpers.

And 20% of his jump shots are catch-and-shoot, typically what you get in the flow of the offence. He has shot 36% on those (36% from 2, 25% from 3).

I think it is time to start facing the reality that DD is NOT a good shooter, except at the free throw line. He excels at drawing fouls, and hitting his free throws, and he's good in the lane (56% eFG% within 10 feet of the hoop), but he's terrible anywhere else.
                        Huh, what about past years?

Comment

• I don't believe DD is playing with full confidence in his body yet. I think his really favouring it.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I don't believe DD is playing with full confidence in his body yet. I think his really favouring it.
                            He's down a full 9% from last year on baskets from 0-3 feet.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              That's ridiculous. Aside from his poor shooting this season, he's a much better player than he was years one through four. When did you ever see him do any bit of playmaking during those years?
                              Oh my....

Read.

I said he is closer to his year 1 through 4 than year 5.

Comment

Oh my....

Read.

I said he is closer to his year 1 through 4 than year 5.
                                He got efficient looks his first 2 years. 3 & 4 I'll agree with you there.

Comment

Working...
                                X