Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Nope

Most likely it is the really thing given that DeMar lives in Compton CA.

Of course we don't know that that is where the picture was taken.

The neighbourhood looks pretty decent. Houses look nice. I doubt the police force would send 5-6 squad cars and not have some of the area tapered off if it indeed it were a real situation.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      The neighbourhood looks pretty decent. Houses look nice. I doubt the police force would send 5-6 squad cars and not have some of the area tapered off if it indeed it were a real situation.
      With all due respect I think you are not too knowledgeable about Compton CA.

Lets put it his way. If you aren't a brother or sister don't show up on the streets of Compton at night. If you are a brother or sister don't show up on the streets of Compton at night alone or within ear shot of gunfire.

Some of the most notorious gangs in Los Angeles live and hang in Compton. I am not talking just about teenage gangs. These are big time adult gangs with some of their members being teenagers. Unfortunately for a lot of men of Compton their life consists of gang life, prison life and the morgue. It is not a place you want to be unless you really have to

I am not sure why DeRozan still lives there. Numerous people every year are killed in Compton by stray gunfire meant for someone else. Seriously.

Compton has about a 100,000 people squeezed into 9 square miles.

Some of the guns that the gang members use can kill at distances of up to well over one mile.

No sir, not a safe place to be at all.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 04:34 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        With all due respect I think you are not too knowledgeable about Compton CA.

I am not sure why DeRozan still lives there. Numerous people every year are killed in Compton by stray gunfire meant for someone else. Seriously.

Compton has about a 100,000 people squeezed into 9 square miles.

Some of the guns that the gang members use can kill at distances of up to well over one mile.

No sir, not a safe place to be at all.
        In order to do that the Bloods and the Crips would have to have this stuff lying around:

Or this

Please cease and desist talking out of your ass.
        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

• Edgar wrote: View Post
          Please cease and desist talking out of your ass.
          Its easily available if the need warrants it. Don't think for a minute if their was a need for it that it wouldn't be obtained and used. Gun dealers all over the world have these guns for sale to anyone who has the money. No problem.

Though I will agree that the gangs of Compton most likely would have little use for them. However, there have been over the years in Los Angeles a lot of sniper related shootings on the freeways. Shooters who have never been caught. So who knows how far away they were shooting from

Barrett 82A1 50BMG Semi Auto Rifle, 29" Barrel, Black Finish

Price: $8,099.99
          Manufacturer: BARRETT
          Manufacturer Item #: 82A1
          Impact Item #: BAR-82A1
          Available online, ships in 48 hrs.
          Call for in-store availability.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/BAR-82A1.html

Barrett M-82A1 (XM107)

Caliber: .50 BMG
          Magazine: 10-shot detachable box magazine
          Barrel: 29"
          Weight: 32.5 lbs
          Length: 57" overall
          Stock: Composite with Sorbothane recoil pad.
          Sights: Scope with ironsights.

Max Effective Range 1830 meters

Features:
          # Semi-automatic
          # Recoil operated
          # Recoiling barrel to reduce felt recoil
          # Highly effective Muzzle Brake
          # Three-lug locking bolt
          # Self leveling bi-pod
          # Barrett claims 1 MOA with match ammunition
          http://www.impactguns.com/store/BAR-82A1.html

Barrett M82
          Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 07:33 PM.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Lol what is this? A Weapons thread??

I dont think this photo what shot at compton either, probably somewhere in Cali.

Comment

• Derozan over Carter?

First in depth article from a reliable source to do a serious comparison:

http://dimemag.com/2010/09/demar-der...-vince-carter/

Based on pure potential I would say maybe. Your thoughts?

Comment

• I agree with one of the comments in the article, that Demar ceiling is not VC but rather Iggy.

Comment

• LOL! Whoever thinks he will be as good as Vince Carter is on crack. No offense to Demar, but it ain't gonna happen sorry. I think because of the way he left town, people forget just how talented VC was. Remember all the 'who's better Vince or Kobe' talk way back when? As much as I hate the guy, he's still by far the best Raptor of all time and the guy who put the Raptors on the map.

Comment

• So your argument is DeMar can't become as good or better than Vince because Vince was so good? Anything else?

Comment

• "DeRozan has the chance to become the Raptors new franchise player — similar to Carter after Tracy McGrady left for Orlando."

Uh, Carter was already the franchise player before McGrady left, which was one of the reasons McGrady left.

As for DeRozan, I certainly hope he'll be a great player, but I simply don't see him matching Vince's offense. I could see him being a better defender and rebounder and hopefully not nearly as frail.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Hmmm, yes, but I think the team back then at that point was a lot like this new "young guns era". Carter was very entertaining back then but he hadn't yet commanded a role of "the man". In fact, he never really ever commanded that role. His problem has always been that he's shied away from being the man and he's never wanted to be the guy who must carry the weight by himself. Before McGrady left he had a partner in crime, after McGrady left it was 100% no doubts about it all on him. Its funny when you think about it. Carter didn't want to be "the guy", McGrady did but felt he couldn't in Toronto with Carter there and so he left. I think Carter being the franchise guy was more about what management and the marketing team wanted and less about what he truly wanted. People were screaming for the next Jordan back then and Carter had all the skills. He was a marketing goldmine and I think MLSE and Raptors brass got too caught up in it, neglected T-Mac and as a result T-Mac succumbed to his own ego and left. I think it can be strongly argued that the guy from Dime is right on this particular point.

Comment

• That's some lofty expectations. Let's hope that Demar gets more burn and touches this year. That'll help him develop. Instead of pitting him with someone else with all the comparisons, let's just sit back and watch him (and hopefully) develop into an impact player.

Comment

• Apollo makes some good points, and I am in the no way jose camp that Derozan will surpass Carter's skills, however I don't see him coming close to Wince either. (edit - I don't see him copping out of games or hurting his ankle on a passing spider) Yet to be seen whether he wants to become the man, but he sure wants to become the 'unit' with Weems and Amir (and co.). If the group can GROW together and learn to play well together they could become a better 'unit' than the Carter years saw. At the end of the day that is better for the team and the franchise.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks DD, or anyone can't pass Vince's skills need to get VC's teabags outta' their mouths. He's just as human as DD is. Why can't DD do it? He can't get better? He can't surprise people or himself? Geez.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• I wouldn't say it's impossible since it's all about potential when you talk about Demar. But he hasn't shown me anything so far that could make me believe that he's got the skills and the smarts to be as good an offensive player as Vince was. He certainly has the athleticism. But the shot creativity I just haven't seen from him.

I guess this coming season would paint a clearer picture of exactly what he can do, or if he's just all talk. I look forward to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X